France iNcog
Ninja

Re: mongol tc rush

Post by iNcog »

afaik it's still rms and it's a bitch to code
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

iNcog wrote:afaik it's still rms and it's a bitch to code
always has been. sign me up
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Oi u gotta win vs that winter gaming guy. It's ESOC vs scrub nubs
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

rsy wrote:
:(

I could have, honestly. I should have picked/lamed French and honestly I would have. I just go full retard in tournies, need to get rid of that loser mentality
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

iNcog wrote:
rsy wrote:

I could have, honestly. I should have picked/lamed French and honestly I would have. I just go full retard in tournies, need to get rid of that loser mentality
dude I wish I had had more time to practice, at the end I just thought it was better to use a civ I know well than choose a civ that I don't and went with Delhi.

Wish chivalry was an age 3 tech tbh. I tried to use scholars up front with spearmen to heal in middle of hit and runs from knights, but knights can apparently just launch into spearmen, kill scholars, leave and come back with full health. obscene tbh
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

rsy wrote:
iNcog wrote:
Show hidden quotes

dude I wish I had had more time to practice, at the end I just thought it was better to use a civ I know well than choose a civ that I don't and went with Delhi.

Wish chivalry was an age 3 tech tbh. I tried to use scholars up front with spearmen to heal in middle of hit and runs from knights, but knights can apparently just launch into spearmen, kill scholars, leave and come back with full health. obscene tbh
France is just not really balanced. Age 2 knights is one thing but Chivalry shouldn't be an age2 tech. Maybe not even a tech at all. They gave everything to France and their knights are the best

let's not even talk about either their eco or their crossbows haha

props to going Delhi my friend! who'd you lose to?
Garja wrote:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I went china vs winter's brits. bad idea. I don't know china. I can only really play france well and maybe delhi too
Garja wrote:
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

iNcog wrote:
rsy wrote:
Show hidden quotes

France is just not really balanced. Age 2 knights is one thing but Chivalry shouldn't be an age2 tech. Maybe not even a tech at all. They gave everything to France and their knights are the best

let's not even talk about either their eco or their crossbows haha

props to going Delhi my friend! who'd you lose to?
I ended up losing to ciamgyik. Ngl they did pretty good, but playing France definitely helped them.

I have like 10-15 ladder games under my belt and I'm already wary of Mongol tc rushes and French water. We should play custom games some time, would be nice to play some interesting matchups
Brazil Luciofrancosi
Skirmisher
ESO: luciofrancosi

Post by Luciofrancosi »

https://youtube.com/shorts/VufAWXRDNW4?feature=share
Apparently there is a bug with the mobility upgrade for mongols that gives much more speed to the tc than intended.
"Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"

Sun Tzu - The art of war
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

iNcog wrote:I went china vs winter's brits. bad idea. I don't know china. I can only really play france well and maybe delhi too
Sorry! :(
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Mitoe wrote:
iNcog wrote:I went china vs winter's brits. bad idea. I don't know china. I can only really play france well and maybe delhi too
Sorry! :(
that's not your fault at all haha
Garja wrote:
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

n0el wrote:
Garja wrote:Is balance really that bad?
I don't think so outside of French on water and Mongol TC stuff. Maps are a way bigger balance issue. You can instantly lose on some maps with the spawn.
There's no way this style of map design is actually worth all the trouble. Just do interesting pregenerated maps.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
n0el wrote:
Garja wrote:Is balance really that bad?
I don't think so outside of French on water and Mongol TC stuff. Maps are a way bigger balance issue. You can instantly lose on some maps with the spawn.
There's no way this style of map design is actually worth all the trouble. Just do interesting pregenerated maps.
agree 100%
mad cuz bad
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Age of empires has always been about random maps. Taking that away would hurt its identity.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

RMS is good and healthy, but they need to calm down with the inherent map design. I talked about it in this video (click) but I got a fair amount of dislikes for it. now people left and right are wanting map vetoes and complaining about the design of some maps. called it
Garja wrote: