Known exploits

General forum about Age of Empires 4.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Re: Known exploits

Post by rsy »

Don't know if this needs to be classified as a bug, as an exploit, or as a feature, but pretty much all of rus water stuff is super sus atm.

Some of the warship upgrades give more than what the tool tips say, like armor hull gives +200 HP out of nowhere, and the other two rus specific upgrades both seem to give +300 HP instead of the +200Hp that tool tips say. Also some of these stat changes apply retroactively to already made ships, and some upgrades apply to ships made only after the upgrade is done researching.

Then there's the conversions. Seemingly if you convert an attack ship, whatever ship it converts to gets bonus HP. But even that bonus HP isn't specific, it seems randomized. Like transport ships get +900 HP while fishing boats get +663 HP.

Also, the conversion costs don't seem to line up perfectly either. Like converting a fishing boat to an attack ship you lose 25w overall compared to making an attack ship directly. But converting an attack ship to a trade ship you gain 100w compared to making a trade ship directly.

Linking waddlingduck's video that covered the upgrades BS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-aNjSxW334
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

its weird, its like the bonuses are applied when the ship is trained on dock, and just kept on transformation, so if you transform a fishing ship into atack ship, you dont get upgrades.... but if you transform atack into trade, you get a super tanky (and cheaper?) trade ship
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

lemmings121 wrote:its weird, its like the bonuses are applied when the ship is trained on dock, and just kept on transformation, so if you transform a fishing ship into atack ship, you dont get upgrades.... but if you transform atack into trade, you get a super tanky (and cheaper?) trade ship
Yeah seems like it. Trade ships are apparently already insane at their normal cost for how efficient they are. This makes it to where once you win the water, you transform some of the remaining attack ships to trade ships and profit.

Also if you transform a fully upgraded attack ship to demo ship, you get a 975 HP demo with 364 attack. Which I think means it will explode three times before dying and basically sink any fleet with one demo ship (+200 each hit vs war ships also), think only the Chinese/Mongol Bauchuan ship survives at 300/2000 HP. So I think you should also always win on water.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

why is @khorix exploiting invincible walls at a high elo? it reflects poorly on the aoe3 community

literally on stream vs hera right now he's doing it in a mirror to prevent relics from being taken
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Germany miggo1999_
Skirmisher
ESO: india_bot1999

Post by miggo1999_ »

imo let him be. At least shows we are unrivaled in our ability to find and abuse gimmicky stuff :D
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

iNcog wrote:why is @khorix exploiting invincible walls at a high elo? it reflects poorly on the aoe3 community

literally on stream vs hera right now he's doing it in a mirror to prevent relics from being taken
i thought you liked him for doing that
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

harcha wrote:
iNcog wrote:why is @khorix exploiting invincible walls at a high elo? it reflects poorly on the aoe3 community

i thought you liked him for doing that
my memory is fuzzy but I don't believe to have condoned exploiting bugs. if I have them am wrong and sorry
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

https://clips.twitch.tv/SilkyUnusualJel ... loM2pp5v0b

ffs i was finding his games in aoe4 nice, playing some offmeta rus and all at decent level, doing some youtube guides, but the man just cant hold him self from using exploits
spoiler
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Yeah watching him live abusing it vs szalami indestructible walling his sacred sites. viewers are definitely no fans of @khorix atm
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Exploiting bugs seems to be the only way you can get them fixed.
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

lemmings121 wrote:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SilkyUnusualJel ... loM2pp5v0b

ffs i was finding his games in aoe4 nice, playing some offmeta rus and all at decent level, doing some youtube guides, but the man just cant hold him self from using exploits
spoiler
lol
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

can't he get banned for repeating exploits?
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Netherlands blackwidow
Dragoon
ESO: MASTERdutch

Post by blackwidow »

Very stupid he once walled me in a black forest game doing that shit. i just chopped around and he died because he fully expected to be safe i guess idk. Either way idiotic move exploiting like that ^^
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

edeholland wrote:Exploiting bugs seems to be the only way you can get them fixed.
You don't need to abuse bugs yourself, let alone every game, to get them fixed. One post on the forums with a bunch of likes is enough evidence.
He's obviously going to use that as an excuse, but it's a very poor one. The truth is just that he's ready to do anything to win, including cheating.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

If the devs and whoever deals with bug reports directly doesn't play the game, then there is a big disconnect as to how big the impact of each bug is. You get many bugs and you have to prioritize accordingly. If you don't have the knowledge of how typically single player campaign is played, how the typical casual team game is played, how the typical 1v1 competitive is played, then you can't prioritize accordingly.

What I'm saying is that 1 forum post with video SHOULD be enough, but it probably isn't.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

continues to give aoe3 bad rep compared to other titles
Garja wrote:
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Honestly I'm just happy he moved away from aoe3 :uglylol:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

This kind of thing should warrant a ban
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

harcha wrote:What I'm saying is that 1 forum post with video SHOULD be enough, but it probably isn't.
I did that for aoe3 when I matched against a maphacker, or to show some artillery bugs, and it worked in both cases because my posts had enough likes I think. Even just one post, but with many likes and comments on it, is probably enough
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..