AOE4 Scouts are broken?

General forum about Age of Empires 4.
No Flag acergame09
Skirmisher

AOE4 Scouts are broken?

Post by acergame09 »

Scouts + Professional Scouts are way too good and needs nerfed? Professional Scouts should require an animation where the scout takes 3 seconds to pick up the hunt and you can't pick up hunts in LOS of towers or if a villager is currently gathering the hunt. I also think scouts should either cost 70 food or have a slight hp reduction. :hmm:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Re: AOE4 Scouts are broken?

Post by Goodspeed »

It does seem pretty strong, and to me it's just not fun gameplay. It kinda makes me not want to play because I don't care about this little hunt-gathering minigame.
Regardless, it's very dumb that you can pick up a hunt that is being gathered. That should be changed either way
No Flag acergame09
Skirmisher

Post by acergame09 »

By far the worst thing about this game is the total map imbalances. Every game is like a lottery where one person gets more sheep or one person can have literally 6 mines near their tc and their opponent can get 2 mines. Worst map imo is Danube River. Springalds are also cancer. If they nerf knights, boost spearmen, and don't do anything with springalds jfc....
Netherlands blackwidow
Dragoon
ESO: MASTERdutch

Post by blackwidow »

maps can be fucked sometimes yes, but pringle damage has to be the worst imbalance in the game currently. If the only counter to a unit is itself something is really broken ^^ I'm banking on them AT LEAST patching prof scouts, springalds, hulks and feudal knights cuz all of those seem borked out of control.

I think springalds should just keep their anti artillery damage as is but make them practically useless against regular units (and maybe buff culvs a little bit to have them properly counter springalds too). Prof scouts should just be removed or moved to castle age tbh. That should make the meta much better in an instant.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I doubt Springalds or scouts will be nerfed in 2021 though. :(
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

I found 9sheeps just chilling out at basicly the same place near the corner of a map. I got like 20sheep that game vs like 4.
It was a water map wich i forgot because of my excitement over my sheeps, so obviously i lost anyway.
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
Brazil Luciofrancosi
Skirmisher
ESO: luciofrancosi

Post by Luciofrancosi »

I dont think that is the only thing that makes scouts good!
Attachments
scouts_op.png
scouts_op_2.png
scouts_op_3.png
"Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"

Sun Tzu - The art of war
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Well it took 34 mins to get that many scouts? you can easily make pikes or smth to kill all these gg
:nwc:
Brazil Luciofrancosi
Skirmisher

Post by Luciofrancosi »

Challenger_Marco wrote:Well it took 34 mins to get that many scouts? you can easily make pikes or smth to kill all these gg
It didn't, it took about 5min or less after he killed my whole army and was pushing on my keep with a load of siege.
"Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"

Sun Tzu - The art of war
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Luciofrancosi wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:Well it took 34 mins to get that many scouts? you can easily make pikes or smth to kill all these gg
It didn't, it took about 5min or less after he killed my whole army and was pushing on my keep with a load of siege.
Right gg then never experienced but yeah with good food eco you can spam scouts from tcs
:nwc:
Brazil Luciofrancosi
Skirmisher

Post by Luciofrancosi »

Challenger_Marco wrote:
Luciofrancosi wrote:
Right gg then never experienced but yeah with good food eco you can spam scouts from tcs
Not just tcs, u can spam them from stables which you would usually have a lot of them by the 30min mark. It takes 16 sec to train them and they cost 65 food only. Obviously if you get scouted you are dead, but on that game I would loose anyways. I got the idea from one of the videos from aussie drongo where a guy did something very similar and he pulled it off

Sun Tzu - The art of war