Women Casters

General forum about Age of Empires 4.
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Women Casters

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Where are the female presenting casters?! It triggers me tbh. I'm so triggered by it that I am offering my services to cocast.

I have a very smooth voice and have been told it's the sound of a goddess whispering in the rain. (May be exaggerated, but who am I to question my supplicants?)I am, however, very awkward so that may counterbalance the smoothness tbh. Regardless, I would like some female representation and if I want it, then surely other women want it.

Hit me up.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
European Union PancakePrincess
Skirmisher
ESO: PancakePrincess

Re: Women Casters

Post by PancakePrincess »

Good luck with that! :flowers:
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

They tend to get harassed and bullied away. You need a strong spine and a lack of faith in humanity. Good luck. Casting in general is not really rewarding for your mental heath unless your name is harrison.
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

PancakePrincess wrote:Good luck with that! :flowers:
Why aren't you casting? I'm watching these tourney games @Aussie_Drongo and @fitzbro and while they are lovely, I really would like to hear a woman's voice once in awhile.
Mr_Bramboy wrote:You need a lack of faith in humanity.
Done

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Casting in general is not really rewarding for your mental heath unless your name is harrison.
Not sure where you got that from
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Post by EliteRifleman »

A girl from my clan asked me to cast games once, but we still haven't had a chance for her to do something. She is already used to the bully "Buitreo", yes, I don't know if she speaks fluent English.
Monaco redrocket
Musketeer

Post by redrocket »

I would ask my wife, she used to love AOE , but sadly she left me for my distant German cousin who has a somewhat better but similar lifestyle as I do, he has a big farm with larger tractors, which upsets me very much because although my tractors aren't as big and my livestock aren't in the thousands, everything is in great condition, my farm is in great condition, that's one thing she also always used to say "oh you sure do take care of us", I love my animals and I definitely clean up. I can't help but feel like I'm simply not a star in her eyes, merely due to the fact that my big heart doesn't physically transfer in to wealth. Furthermore, I'm left broke and broken. Maybe it's in my head, I just feel like she left me for those reasons and even though she says it is, it just can't be because I got caught having a romantic relationship behind her back for 9 years out of our 11-year marriage. She is way too mature to let something that petty get between us. Whenever I play AOE 3 i'm reminded of the days we used to join 3v3 lobbies, act like strangers and secretly join the same team, knowing we would have the communication advantage and of course, well the love advantage. We were a team and I really just want that back.
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

redrocket wrote:I would ask my wife, she used to love AOE , but sadly she left me for my distant German cousin who has a somewhat better but similar lifestyle as I do, he has a big farm with larger tractors, which upsets me very much because although my tractors aren't as big and my livestock aren't in the thousands, everything is in great condition, my farm is in great condition, that's one thing she also always used to say "oh you sure do take care of us", I love my animals and I definitely clean up. I can't help but feel like I'm simply not a star in her eyes, merely due to the fact that my big heart doesn't physically transfer in to wealth. Furthermore, I'm left broke and broken. Maybe it's in my head, I just feel like she left me for those reasons and even though she says it is, it just can't be because I got caught having a romantic relationship behind her back for 9 years out of our 11-year marriage. She is way too mature to let something that petty get between us. Whenever I play AOE 3 i'm reminded of the days we used to join 3v3 lobbies, act like strangers and secretly join the same team, knowing we would have the communication advantage and of course, well the love advantage. We were a team and I really just want that back.
:smile: -> :sad: -> :mad: -> :shock: -> :lol:
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:Casting in general is not really rewarding for your mental heath unless your name is harrison.
Having witnessed twitch chat and over a dozen people leaving the media discord due to the abuse they received, I can confidently say that.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

i think the first step would be to get invited to media discord. then you can try to catch someone looking for a cocaster

alternatively you can try to stream on your own. also lenlena streams casted games daily, so you could try to get a cocast going with him
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Netherlands Pedrownage
Crossbow
ESO: Pedro1989

Post by Pedrownage »

Please cast AoE 3!
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

redrocket wrote:I would ask my wife, she used to love AOE , but sadly she left me for my distant German cousin who has a somewhat better but similar lifestyle as I do, he has a big farm with larger tractors, which upsets me very much because although my tractors aren't as big and my livestock aren't in the thousands, everything is in great condition, my farm is in great condition, that's one thing she also always used to say "oh you sure do take care of us", I love my animals and I definitely clean up. I can't help but feel like I'm simply not a star in her eyes, merely due to the fact that my big heart doesn't physically transfer in to wealth. Furthermore, I'm left broke and broken. Maybe it's in my head, I just feel like she left me for those reasons and even though she says it is, it just can't be because I got caught having a romantic relationship behind her back for 9 years out of our 11-year marriage. She is way too mature to let something that petty get between us. Whenever I play AOE 3 i'm reminded of the days we used to join 3v3 lobbies, act like strangers and secretly join the same team, knowing we would have the communication advantage and of course, well the love advantage. We were a team and I really just want that back.
@optimusprime defend yourself
European Union PancakePrincess
Skirmisher
ESO: PancakePrincess

Post by PancakePrincess »

XeeleeFlower wrote:
Why aren't you casting? I'm watching these tourney games @Aussie_Drongo and @fitzbro and while they are lovely, I really would like to hear a woman's voice once in awhile
There's a bunch of reasons for that. Apart from not really having interacted with the game for a long time now due to a lack of interest and the ambivalence of the community surrounding it, I used all my available time that I have for casting to do stuff for StarCraft:Broodwar. Like this summer I was the main EU caster for the Coach Pupil League and all, so yeah, a lot on my plate lol
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
Having witnessed twitch chat and over a dozen people leaving the media discord due to the abuse they received, I can confidently say that.
I've also seen many people have no problem at all and keep casting
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Pedrownage wrote:Please cast AoE 3!
I know nothing about DE :sad:
PancakePrincess wrote:
XeeleeFlower wrote:
Why aren't you casting? I'm watching these tourney games @Aussie_Drongo and @fitzbro and while they are lovely, I really would like to hear a woman's voice once in awhile
There's a bunch of reasons for that. Apart from not really having interacted with the game for a long time now due to a lack of interest and the ambivalence of the community surrounding it, I used all my available time that I have for casting to do stuff for StarCraft:Broodwar. Like this summer I was the main EU caster for the Coach Pupil League and all, so yeah, a lot on my plate lol
Congrats for casting in a tournament! That makes me so happy. So many games don't have women casters and I always get triggered by it, especially when games have such a big player base (looking at you LoL and AoE2) If a woman is casting a tournament, I am more likely to watch said tournament because I enjoy that representation. A bit silly, I know.

European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

XeeleeFlower wrote:So many games don't have women casters and I always get triggered by it, especially when games have such a big player base (looking at you LoL and AoE2) If a woman is casting a tournament, I am more likely to watch said tournament because I enjoy that representation. A bit silly, I know.
Then look no further than SC2! ZombieGrub is a female caster who casts all the time.
She stepped down from BaseTradeTV a while ago to cast her own stuff. I'm not sure how active she is nowadays.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Is this not just correlated with the population size? I mean, there are probably not more than 10% female rts players (and i think it's less than that) and most of the time, caster are player as well.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

In AoE3 we've seen only two female casters if I'm right, and to be honest that's just too few. A diverse poule of casters is more enjoyable.

In my time in the ESO Media Team, we've seen QueenofDestiniy and AthenaV/XeeleeFlower. It's pretty nice to hear something different than a men's voice all the time.

:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

XeeleeFlower wrote:
Pedrownage wrote:Please cast AoE 3!
I know nothing about DE :sad:
Start with the legacy matchups and find yourself a good cocaster if a DE civ turns out to be played. I'm sure you can do it ;)
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

chronique wrote:Is this not just correlated with the population size? I mean, there are probably not more than 10% female rts players (and i think it's less than that) and most of the time, caster are player as well.
Probably more like 1%. I could not name 5 female members of this community
No Flag Longinator
Crossbow

Post by Longinator »

XeeleeFlower wrote:So many games don't have women casters and I always get triggered by it, especially when games have such a big player base (looking at you LoL and AoE2)
I can only talk for AoE2.
https://age-of-queens.com/
From their site:
Age of Queens is a community for women who play Age of Empires II. Primarily we are a community united on our Discord server and periodically host events including a variety of tournaments and show matches for all skill levels. We ultimately want to cultivate an environment that connects women players to other women and encourage more to pick up the game.
They also hosted multiple tournaments including a $5k Microsoft sponsored female only event. (https://liquipedia.net/ageofempires/Que ... old_League)

Some more known female personalities:
- https://liquipedia.net/ageofempires/LilTrouble
She was the host of Red Bull Wololo 3 which means she guided through the event and did the interviews. Because of timezone differences (she lives in Australia), she stepped back from it for RBW4.
- https://liquipedia.net/ageofempires/Ellie4k
Propably the most active english female caster, also (co-)organized several >$1k tournaments.
- Other who regularly cast with a decent viewerbase (>100): Odette (cz/eng), ValeriaHuesca (mx), ashleylynn (us)

I would agree that the inclusion for S-tier events could be higher but it also has to come naturally. For RBW5, Red Bull invited Britanni Johnson as co-host. It was somewhat awkward because she was completely new to the scene and she had travel issues, so she could only be there for the final two days.
Also, the female casters have to build the chemistry with the main casters. I can't remember a duo cast in an S-tier event including a female caster. From an outside view it's tough to say if they aren't invited or they don't want to.
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

chronique wrote:Is this not just correlated with the population size? I mean, there are probably not more than 10% female rts players (and i think it's less than that) and most of the time, caster are player as well.
Well, AoE3 is an even smaller community than AoE2 and probably AoE4 (right now), yet me and Queen did some tourney casts. I would think that a bigger player base would mean that there are more women who play the game and thus be able to cast.
MCJim wrote:In AoE3 we've seen only two female casters if I'm right, and to be honest that's just too few. A diverse poule of casters is more enjoyable.

In my time in the ESO Media Team, we've seen QueenofDestiniy and AthenaV/XeeleeFlower. It's pretty nice to hear something different than a men's voice all the time.

Oh god, was that the tourney where @iNcog and I casted for like 7 or 8 hours?

Greece LazarosVas
Dragoon
Clan: GMDS

Post by LazarosVas »

The 1st question is do they care about the game to cast? The vast majority of the age of empires community is male meaning that females do not care that much about the game.

Secondly why are you triggered? If you love aoe and you like casting then try to do it without creating controversy like this.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

What controversy
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

XeeleeFlower wrote:Well, AoE3 is an even smaller community than AoE2 and probably AoE4 (right now), yet me and Queen did some tourney casts. I would think that a bigger player base would mean that there are more women who play the game and thus be able to cast.
I have thinking you talked about aoe3 specificly. Anyway, how many caster there are in a video game? Not that much i think, so if you have a community where the very large majority are men, and if you have something like 20 casters, the probability to have, at least, one women who want casting in big event, is quite small.

Plus the fact that the sex ratio in video game is more men favored in peaple from 30+ and it tend to be more "equal" on the young generation, and i suppose, caster ore older than the average player, so maybe we will see more women caster in the next few years.