The Meta - November 2021

France iNcog
Ninja

The Meta - November 2021

Post by iNcog »

Hi guys,

This is me. I'm thinking that the meta right now is really favoring tight FC builds on a single town centers, going for springalds/relics/armored units in the castle age. I feel like 2 TC play loses to good FC play. The builds are a little technical and need to be executed in a timely fashion, but they're the best way to play right now.

I'm not 100% on this and would love to hear thoughts from good players.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Re: The Meta - November 2021

Post by rsy »

I haven't played enough to know for sure yet, but I feel like TCs pay off really quickly in this game with vills spawning every 20s and costing just 50f. Maybe second TC into fast castle is what you are supposed to do vs a single TC fast castle?
Netherlands blackwidow
Dragoon
ESO: MASTERdutch

Post by blackwidow »

iNcog wrote:Hi guys,

This is me. I'm thinking that the meta right now is really favoring tight FC builds on a single town centers, going for springalds/relics/armored units in the castle age. I feel like 2 TC play loses to good FC play. The builds are a little technical and need to be executed in a timely fashion, but they're the best way to play right now.

I'm not 100% on this and would love to hear thoughts from good players.
100%, though I'm sure some maps are great for 2tc or even 3tc as we saw in the tourney
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Do these FC builds include professional scouts? Otherwise going professional scouts and stealing all the deer on the map while you follow them up should counter it right?
If they do include that, they should probably lose to early horsemen or even a ram push?
Netherlands blackwidow
Dragoon
ESO: MASTERdutch

Post by blackwidow »

I think people are mostly FCing against french or rus, as civs like Abbasid/English/Delhi that tend to give up map control in the matchup anyway. No prof scouts afaik.

Against professional scouts their early castle should probably either be an all in or a way to at least get map control for boars/further berries.

But I think starting out 1tc feudal play and adding tc's during early/mid castle age is probably the meta in most evenly paced civ matchups.