Proxy barracks vs French and forward age 2 armies in general as HRE/English/Abbasid

Australia Ardeshir
Musketeer
ESO: Ardeshir

Proxy barracks vs French and forward age 2 armies in general as HRE/English/Abbasid

Post by Ardeshir »

Hey guys, I'm by no means the best cheeser but I thought I'd share some gameplay. Might start doing this more often, considering how meta it's become to proxy in AoEO. Apologies to not talk my way through the builds... winging it lol

Abbasid v French - Nagari (barracks, pushed back after getting spears out but able to follow up with 1-1-1 production then rams)

HRE v French - Altai (barracks into range/stables at home. Spear/MaA flexibility forces him to play around knights I'm already denying the gold for, taking final fight under his tc with 1-1-1 and no rams because I'm that far ahead in 15mins)

HRE v Mali - Mediterranean (barracks into mixed production at the site. Identical to Coastal in AoEO and Mediterranean from AoE2, the water boom potential and relatively safe bases til lategame make it a no brainer here. Had the pleasure of playing ZertoN in an AoEO tournament game on Coastal and dying in 10 minutes to a proxy.)

Abbasid v Ottoman - Lipany (Straight up fast proxied 1-1-1 into rams. Most centrally placed of the examples. Like arabia and high view you might be able to get away with using the proxy like a tower/keep to lock down close central resources and starve your opponent on top of the early pressure and earliest rams)

Also a really sick aoeo proxy I pulled off between these games by sending 2 distanced villagers. Opponent scouted the latter, so I sent it back for a huge mindgame. Also am the initial defender vs spearman first to top it off.
Age of Empires Commentator (AoM, AoEO, AoEII, AoEIII, AoEIV)
https://www.youtube.com/@seanchristensen5528
Shoutouts to Project Celeste for 100% F2P AoEO! Indian civ coming soontm