Patch game-screen only at the top corner of my monitor (rather then filling display).

Technical Support for installation and running of the EP.
Great Britain Antivorg
Crossbow
ESO: El_Bantonini_Gai

Patch game-screen only at the top corner of my monitor (rather then filling display).

Post by Antivorg »

I've recently returned to the patch and have encountered a strange problem. When I launch the game, the game screen - instead of filling my monitor - just sits at the top left-hand corner in a smaller version. I have never had this problem in both vanilla and in the patch previously, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I've already tried playing with the in-game resolution options.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: Patch game-screen only at the top corner of my monitor (rather then filling display).

Post by gibson »

You’re sure you’ve clicked the full screen button in video settings? Can you provide screenshots of what’s happening and your settings?
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Re: Patch game-screen only at the top corner of my monitor (rather then filling display).

Post by Rikikipu »

I had the same issue on Linux, and it was because of l3codecx. I'll post it tomorrow when I'll be on my desktop comp since the codec is nearly impossible to find on the Internet
Great Britain Antivorg
Crossbow

Post by Antivorg »

gibson wrote:You’re sure you’ve clicked the full screen button in video settings? Can you provide screenshots of what’s happening and your settings?

This hopefully works:
https://imgur.com/gallery/3yXAH88
Could you specify which video settings you're reffering to? thanks for the help!

edit: I should also clarify that - whilst this doesn't necessarily look that bad from the screenshot - the game has also already squashed the general resolution of my monitor (as being a laptop it is wide) to fit the game's aspired resolution (which it chooses not to fill for some reason).
Great Britain Antivorg
Crossbow

Post by Antivorg »

Rikikipu wrote:I had the same issue on Linux, and it was because of l3codecx. I'll post it tomorrow when I'll be on my desktop comp since the codec is nearly impossible to find on the Internet

Sorry, I should have specified that I am using windows 10, but thanks for the help!
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Forget about the linux part, because in order to play AOE3 on Linux, you got to embed Windows inside Linux, so at the end it's only about Windows, and so this l3codecx (a Windows codec) is still a possibility.
Great Britain Antivorg
Crossbow

Post by Antivorg »

Rikikipu wrote:Forget about the linux part, because in order to play AOE3 on Linux, you got to embed Windows inside Linux, so at the end it's only about Windows, and so this l3codecx (a Windows codec) is still a possibility.

Great, if you could direct me what to do I'd appreciate it!
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

I had the same problem when I updated EP for the last time. I changed the resolution in the game to the bigger one and it fixed the problem.