Full Screen problems

Technical Support for installation and running of the EP.
No Flag sncky
Crossbow
ESO: snaacky

Full Screen problems

Post by sncky »

Just installed the patch and everything is running fine except the client wont go in to full screen mode. The client only takes up about a quarter of my screen in the top left section. I have tried every different resolution and reinstalled the client and still having the same problem. i have attached a photo to show you what i mean
Attachments
43275579_237688540434514_1184735413995044864_n.jpg
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: Full Screen problems

Post by Gendarme »

What happens if you press alt+enter?
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag sncky
Crossbow

Post by sncky »

Gendarme wrote:What happens if you press alt+enter?

The client enters window mode and the stays the same size. The only difference is that i can now move the cursor outside of the client window
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

I suspect this happens because it launches on integrated GPU instead of the main graphics card.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

EAGLEMUT wrote:I suspect this happens because it launches on integrated GPU instead of the main graphics card.

how do we fix this? ive been playing all my tourney games in the last month on that small screen makes my head hurt everytime man
No Flag sncky
Crossbow

Post by sncky »

EAGLEMUT wrote:I suspect this happens because it launches on integrated GPU instead of the main graphics card.

Im not very computer savvy so i'm not too sure what that means do you know how i could solve this issue ?. I have seen in other threads that some people have had the same problem but i cant seem to find a solution to it. When i play on the original client through steam i never have this problem.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Have you tried playing around with the desktop resolution to match the game rather than the other way around?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

rsy wrote:

how do we fix this? ive been playing all my tourney games in the last month on that small screen makes my head hurt everytime man

It depends on what graphics card you have, there should be an option for it in its control panel software. "age3f.exe" from the game's installation folder is the file that needs this enabled - you can also try to right-click this file and there may be a context option like "Run using high performance graphics processor".
We have a possible fix for it coming in the next release, though that will still take time and isn't tested.
No Flag sncky
Crossbow

Post by sncky »

So what are my options should i just wait until you guys bring out the next version of the patch ?. I just tried changing around the graphics processor options and still had no luck.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Well, I'm currently not even sure whether this is caused by the GPU issue, nor that the next patch will fix that issue, but there's a solid chance...
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag sncky
Crossbow

Post by sncky »

@EAGLEMUT Any luck my friend i just redownloaded the patch still having the same issue. My graphics card is a nivida GEFORCE
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: danielek

Post by TheNameDaniel »

sncky wrote:@EAGLEMUT Any luck my friend i just redownloaded the patch still having the same issue. My graphics card is a nivida GEFORCE

what works for me is right clicking aoe3 --> properties --> compatibility --> run at 640x480 --> launch game --> options set full screen on and put your desired resolution --> exit game turn off compatibility.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

sncky wrote:Just installed the patch and everything is running fine except the client wont go in to full screen mode. The client only takes up about a quarter of my screen in the top left section. I have tried every different resolution and reinstalled the client and still having the same problem. i have attached a photo to show you what i mean

I see a UFC fight in the background. Are u a fan or was it just a coincidence?
No Flag sncky
Crossbow

Post by sncky »

TheNameDaniel wrote:
sncky wrote:@EAGLEMUT Any luck my friend i just redownloaded the patch still having the same issue. My graphics card is a nivida GEFORCE

what works for me is right clicking aoe3 --> properties --> compatibility --> run at 640x480 --> launch game --> options set full screen on and put your desired resolution --> exit game turn off compatibility.

When i am in the compatibility settings i don't have the ability to click Run at 640. is there a setting i need to change so i can click it
No Flag sncky
Crossbow

Post by sncky »

@rsy Big fan of the UFC
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: danielek

Post by TheNameDaniel »

sncky wrote:
TheNameDaniel wrote:

When i am in the compatibility settings i don't have the ability to click Run at 640. is there a setting i need to change so i can click it

does yours look like that?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

@sncky you have the same laptop as mine ,i had this same problem just go to options--->graphics--->turn on windowed mode if its not or if its on turn it off--->set resolution to 1980x1080 (if its not) if it yes change to lower reso and change it back ,it must be fixed.
:nwc:
No Flag sncky
Crossbow

Post by sncky »

Challenger_Marco wrote:@sncky you have the same laptop as mine ,i had this same problem just go to options--->graphics--->turn on windowed mode if its not or if its on turn it off--->set resolution to 1980x1080 (if its not) if it yes change to lower reso and change it back ,it must be fixed.

Ayy my man. Problem solved many thanks