EP Patch Langauge

Technical Support for installation and running of the EP.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

EP Patch Langauge

Post by Djigit »

- Added multi-language support (incomplete; French & Portuguese).

I don't want it to automatically change the language I set by default (English). It also prevents me from downloading the EP beta, which was possible before the new version automatically installed the French language this morning.
I uninstalled the EP patch and the beta with it. I installed the French package from Steam then the English one. I reinstalled the EP patch. I still have this problem even after clicking the 2 bottom right buttons "Télécharger" and "Réessayer". See picture below.

[spoiler=Picture]Image[/spoiler]
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: EP Patch Langauge

Post by EAGLEMUT »

momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

nice
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
France Kynesie
ESOC Pro Team
ESO: kynesie

Post by Kynesie »

*télécharger manuellement
Nice work.but it s as good as me speaking english :roll:
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Next EP: Remove all languages, add German and Somali. You're gonna love it, it's gonna be so so great.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Kynesie wrote:*télécharger manuellement
Nice work.but it s as good as me speaking english :roll:

I'd imagine that we're very open to contributions of new translations or improvements to existing ones. It is a beta, after all.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I have the same, I mean my aoe is in english, I don't even want my EP launcher to be in french, and now I can't switch to the beta today :/ while I could yesterday when it was in english. Guess it switched to french because it re-downloaded EP when coming back from the beta.
Somppu and me wanted to play our match on the beta, but I guess we'll have to play it on regular EP then.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Dangit – looks like EP ruined the game again (again^38)!
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Kaiserklein wrote:I have the same, I mean my aoe is in english, I don't even want my EP launcher to be in french, and now I can't switch to the beta today :/ while I could yesterday when it was in english. Guess it switched to french because it re-downloaded EP when coming back from the beta.
Somppu and me wanted to play our match on the beta, but I guess we'll have to play it on regular EP then.

Just play Smackdown, that's equally silly.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Is there no way to manually download the beta?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

RIP
Attachments
Sans titre.jpg
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

I reinstalled EP and now it's fine, but I guess if I try to launch the beta again I'll have the bug again
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Kaiserklein wrote:Is there no way to manually download the beta?

You can download this and unpack it directly into your AoE3 installation folder (where the executables are). Note that this way it won't update whatever version EP Launcher currently thinks you have installed, so best way to get back on stable version afterwards would be by using the full installer.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Okay thanks I'll try it later
France Kao
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01
ESO: filoual

Post by Kao »

Djigit wrote:

I don't want it to automatically change the language I set by default (English). It also prevents me from downloading the EP beta, which was possible before the new version automatically installed the French language this morning.
I uninstalled the EP patch and the beta with it. I installed the French package from Steam then the English one. I reinstalled the EP patch. I still have this problem even after clicking the 2 bottom right buttons "Télécharger" and "Réessayer". See picture below.

I'm sorry for this bug. I'm currently trying to figure why it's happening.
Could you give me your Windows version, windows language and the exact step you did for having this error message?

Edit :
From what I understand you installed Beta one time, then reverted to stable release and then tried to go back to beta ?
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Kao wrote:
Djigit wrote:

I'm sorry for this bug. I'm currently trying to figure why it's happening.
Could you give me your Windows version, windows language and the exact step you did for having this error message?
Hey, no worries.
French is the default Windows language.

As for the steps, I downloaded the beta and was able to play on it. I closed it. Then when I launched the EP launcher again, I believe it automatically switched to French.
France Kao
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01

Post by Kao »

Okay, I still don't know the origin of the problem but, deleting the "locales" folder in the AOE3 folder should allow you to redownload the patch from the launcher. Tho problem will occur again on beta.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

@Kao
Ok perfect, thanks. The problem is solved on my end.
France Kao
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01

Post by Kao »

I just hope I'll find the real problem, but at least you don't need to redownload everything for fixing (even if it's temp) the issue.