Casting in quality and attitude

No Flag LordCharlie_131
Skirmisher
ESO: LordCharlie131

Casting in quality and attitude

Post by LordCharlie_131 »

At first i want to say, the Wintertournament is already great stuff and in the next rounds we can expect really great games. I think from RO32 there will be just top player against top Player. I am looking forward.

Up to this point there are thankfully a lot of players involved who aren't top-players. they show sometimes good micro or macro or just entertaining play in some way. But they just never do everything constantly perfectly and then players and commentators shouldn't act against each other.
In the last tournaments we always had casters who had a really good attitude do deal with that. I just wanna thank them and i wish that this attitude will be reached again.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: Casting in quality and attitude

Post by tedere12 »

+2
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Its always hard I think. Half of the viewers are actually high end players that want to hear the in depth details, and the other half are somewhat less active/newer players that just want the basics. The lower level players tend to love interjection, while Im personally a much bigger fan of casters like ryan and samwise. Also if you have played the game as much as some of us have, its really hard to indentify the things that would be interesting for lower level players.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Interjection has a real talent for casting and I don't think he's a bit lost. He makes relevant remarks and personally I never get bored. With _H2O, they make the best duo imo. Inter asks Ryan the right questions because Ryan is Ryan.
No Flag LordCharlie_131
Skirmisher

Jerom wrote:Its always hard I think. Half of the viewers are actually high end players that want to hear the in depth details, and the other half are somewhat less active/newer players that just want the basics. The lower level players tend to love interjection, while Im personally a much bigger fan of casters like ryan and samwise. Also if you have played the game as much as some of us have, its really hard to indentify the things that would be interesting for lower level players.

that wasn't my point. i like ryan and samwise casting, as well. i meant how a caster react when a player makes mistakes.

I mean the difference between
"oh, he lost 5 Canons for nothing. thats tragic. his micro wasn't the best. the other player take the win and he deserved it because of .... it wasn't the best game in the end"

and

"this ... did again ... this game is just ... nobody deserved to win and everything is just ..."
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Yes, casting should always be respectful towards the players.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

I have told "him" and any future casting by him should be more respectful, I assure you.
United States of America rickytickitembo
Dragoon
ESO: RickyTickiTembo

Post by rickytickitembo »

Some of the commentating this past weekend was too harsh to put it mildly. A lot of player's don't have the time to put into the game as others so it's not really fair to criticize someone's play so much. There's a difference between commentating and ridiculing someone.
My favorite donut is chocolate Aiz.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

What caster are you guys talking about exactly ? If you don't want to write his name here pm me :D
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Mr_Bramboy.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yea I found who it is, must say I'm not really surprised. I think he was actually joking tho, even if the joke wasn't the most subtle you can imagine it was just a joke
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Yeah, actually the person we are talking about is a good guy.
Norway tibia
Musketeer
ESO: Tibia

Post by tibia »

yea, im sory about my remarks lord charlie, it was my first time ever casting a game and i was abit over the top harsh , i have a bad habit of saying things as it is, and by no mean being a mid level player in aoe3 is not a big deal and i tried to give you compliments on some things, like your bulding placements. ll be more proffesional in the future, hope i didnt hurt your feelings. and yea it was mostly in a "Jokey" way but it was unproffesional for sure.
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

I'm going to up my casting game as well over time. I try my best to be respectful of the players but I also keep it pretty real, occasionally to a fault.
Taunt 3
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Personally I didn't have a problem with your casting, had some good laughs actually.
I can see however, that there are probably quite a few players who would feel offended by this, so it shouldn't be the norm. Especially if you aren't familiar with the competing players' attitudes, it could just blow up.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

DivineFire wrote:I'm going to up my casting game as well over time. I try my best to be respectful of the players but I also keep it pretty real, occasionally to a fault.

Damn straight!
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

The more you both cast, the better you will become. Take Zuta as example. He definitely casted thousands of games.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

zoom wrote:
DivineFire wrote:I'm going to up my casting game as well over time. I try my best to be respectful of the players but I also keep it pretty real, occasionally to a fault.

Damn straight!

Uh
Taunt 3
No Flag abbadan
Skirmisher

Post by abbadan »

Mimsy for President wrote:Interjection has a real talent for casting and I don't think he's a bit lost. He makes relevant remarks and personally I never get bored. With _H2O, they make the best duo imo. Inter asks Ryan the right questions because Ryan is Ryan.

Yes, but I think ZutaZuta adds a lot to Interj, as well. Also - for me - the contrast of approaches and accents is pretty cool.
No Flag LordCharlie_131
Skirmisher

tibia wrote:yea, im sory about my remarks lord charlie, it was my first time ever casting a game and i was abit over the top harsh , i have a bad habit of saying things as it is, and by no mean being a mid level player in aoe3 is not a big deal and i tried to give you compliments on some things, like your bulding placements. ll be more proffesional in the future, hope i didnt hurt your feelings. and yea it was mostly in a "Jokey" way but it was unproffesional for sure.

allright, i am fine with that.

it was less about my feelings and more about how i wanna enjoy watching future casting and i hope to see some good humorous casting with you, as well.

btw: i liked your compliment of being like a major in macro. ( ofc i am often like a private in micro)

good luck versus goodspeed. now you are a bit under pressure to go further in the tournament then me :D
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

interjection with zuta is on par with interjection with H2O
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

I like inter and zuta over anything for sure, just for entertainment.

Maybe cause I watch for fun more so than to learn/get better
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I actually liked zuta + samwise a lot.

I must admit, I like almost all aoe content. Even simple streams are amazing to me, so its almost impossible to disappoint me when casting aoe games ^^
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Mimsy for President wrote:Interjection has a real talent for casting and I don't think he's a bit lost. He makes relevant remarks and personally I never get bored. With _H2O, they make the best duo imo. Inter asks Ryan the right questions because Ryan is Ryan.

The thing is that inter doesn t let h2o talking so we just hear some banalities...
I agree that inter is a great caster, he is interesting but what he says isn't.