Stream Quality

Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Stream Quality

Post by aligator92 »

First of all let me say that i'm impressed by the amount of games that have already been casted live from the round of 96/128 and 64. But sometimes the stream is unwatchable for people with slower internet. The quality that Bramboy, Tibia and H2O stream at is ok for me. It will oly buffer now and then for a few seconds and about every 15 minutes i'll have to refresh the page and miss about a minute because it will jump forward to catch up. So it's not great but I'm fine with it. Their might still be people with worse internet though.
But @Zutazuta just streams in too high quality. It will buffer every couple of seconds and will get stuck after just 1-2 minutes. There is absolutely no value in watching those because you will miss more than you actually get to see. So in the interest of people with bad internet: Please lower your stream quality so we can all enjoy the entertaining product you produce.

P.S. How do you link users? I want to make sure Zuta even reads this.
Brazil Buckethead
Retired Contributor

Re: Stream Quality

Post by Buckethead »

Same issue here.

I do not understand why they do not use Youtube Gaming, has quality options in all lives, everyone can watch..
If continues without quality options, I think will never reach 900+ views (tourney Spring)
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I feel almost as if its on twitch´s end really. Might be mistaken but I sometimes get a buffering stream with plenty of download speed to actually watch it.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Buckethead wrote:Same issue here.

I do not understand why they do not use Youtube Gaming, has quality options in all lives, everyone can watch..
If continues without quality options, I think will never reach 900+ views (tourney Spring)

Such a good idea.
But can youtube gaming live can be mentionned on the left side bar on this forum, like twitch stream ?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

I think streamers should transition to YT Gaming, because as @jerom said, it is probably on twitch's end.
I get buffering on streams too while my download speed is above average i think (my upload speed is zero :D )
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

well I know bram for example streams at 2000 bitrate. Thats nothing, almost anyone should be able to watch that. I had someone talk to me about not being able to watch bram´s stream while easily being above the required download speed.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Jerom wrote:well I know bram for example streams at 2000 bitrate. Thats nothing, almost anyone should be able to watch that. I had someone talk to me about not being able to watch bram´s stream while easily being above the required download speed.

doesnt 2000 bitrate require 6MB download speed?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

my download speed is quite high.. still i mostly have problems...buffering and all!! maybe some other issue...
But viewers should have an option to select the quality in which they want to watch the stream..
pretty important coz lots of streaming recently and upcomming rounds!!
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

I agree for sure. I know zuta used to stream on lower quality and only increased it because the official ageofempires channel got quality options. I personally would be very happy to watch in in a lower quality to allow more players to watch the streams even though my internet currently can more than handle the quality.
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

yeah, its the ability to change quality options which allow more people with slower internet to watch streams

i don't know how sometimes they don't and sometimes they do get those options...
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Brazil Buckethead
Retired Contributor

Post by Buckethead »

Rikikipu wrote:
Buckethead wrote:Same issue here.

Such a good idea.
But can youtube gaming live can be mentionned on the left side bar on this forum, like twitch stream ?

Yes, and it should not be too complicated, I think even i can do.

thebritish wrote:
Jerom wrote:well I know bram for example streams at 2000 bitrate. Thats nothing, almost anyone should be able to watch that. I had someone talk to me about not being able to watch bram´s stream while easily being above the required download speed.

doesnt 2000 bitrate require 6MB download speed?

2000 bitrate = 2 MB
But also depends of the resolution
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

I don't have much knowledge of bitrate, but how much bitrate it will require for smooth stream if I've 2 Mbps bandwitdh of download (200-240 kb per second)
Brazil Buckethead
Retired Contributor

Post by Buckethead »

_DB_ wrote:I don't have much knowledge of bitrate, but how much bitrate it will require for smooth stream if I've 2 Mbps bandwitdh of download (200-240 kb per second)

I also do not know much, just the basics :lol:

I think you can transmit with this configs:
Resolution: 1280x720 (or something like 1366x768)
Bitrate: 1000~1200

You can go beyond that, but to not have lag i recommend this.

Edi:
Oh, 2MB Download, stream use Upload
What is the bandwitdh of upload?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Buckethead wrote:
_DB_ wrote:I don't have much knowledge of bitrate, but how much bitrate it will require for smooth stream if I've 2 Mbps bandwitdh of download (200-240 kb per second)

Edi: Oh, 2MB Download, stream use Upload

I think he meant on much bitrate at max he can watch without buffer with 2MB download
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

thebritish wrote:
Buckethead wrote:

Edi: Oh, 2MB Download, stream use Upload

I think he meant on much bitrate at max he can watch without buffer with 2MB download

Yeah! That's what I want to know
No Flag kazama
Musketeer

Post by kazama »

Idk why we don't have quality options anymore. Before i used to watch at medium quality but now the stream keeps buffering every 5-6 seconds, so i cant watch anymore. :x
Brazil Buckethead
Retired Contributor

Post by Buckethead »

_DB_ wrote:
thebritish wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Yeah! That's what I want to know

Sorry :roll:

I can watch the stream of Tibia smoothly with 2 MB, he stream in Full HD (1920x1080) with 2000 bitrate.
But sometimes i need to use livestreamer + VLC (Google it)
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

2000 bitrate is not 2 MBps, its 2 mbps. Thats a difference. 2 MBps is like 16000 bitrate.

I could discuss slightly lowering the bitrate. Sir mankle stated he wanted only 1080p streams though.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Jerom wrote:2000 bitrate is not 2 MBps, its 2 mbps. Thats a difference. 2 MBps is like 16000 bitrate.

I could discuss slightly lowering the bitrate. Sir mankle stated he wanted only 1080p streams though.

streaming 1080 p is bad imo id say like 10-20 % of the potential viewers cant watcht that without buffering every few seconds
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Maybe we can ask the cocasters to setup a low quality stream. On maybe a second esoc channel.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Stream on youtube
Brazil Buckethead
Retired Contributor

Post by Buckethead »

Jerom wrote:Maybe we can ask the cocasters to setup a low quality stream. On maybe a second esoc channel.

Use Youtube Gaming and will not need it.

I only see benefits:
New Users/Viewers
All streams are stored on youtube, not need to import of Twitch
Quality options in all lives
New video player (Twitch player sucks)

Could have stream in 4K, i dont care, as long as it has quality options.
Remember that not everyone can have a decent internet.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

I stream at 1500 bitrate with 1080p. And to be honest, I have no idea what the hell bitrate is. But the quality seems fine for me and since you say it doesn't lag I guess it's fine.
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

Post by Hagi »

As a viewer, Twitch is a joke, really.
Buffering for no reason with horrible quality (sometimes can't see unit types).
Sometimes flawless with perfect quality.
Sorry to say, but not a serious platform.
Please move on to something more serious if you want more viewers.
Thanks
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:I stream at 1500 bitrate with 1080p. And to be honest, I have no idea what the hell bitrate is. But the quality seems fine for me and since you say it doesn't lag I guess it's fine.

Bit rate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bit_rate
Image Image Image