Players who don't schedule

France iNcog
Ninja

Players who don't schedule

Post by iNcog »

Yeah so these players are slowing down the entire tournament.

e.g. goongoon currently being an idiot. If goongoon can't make tomorrow at 14 or 15 gmt, then yurashic should get the admin win, imo. Not my call since I'm not tournament staff (don't want to be), but I personally (as a viewer) believe that yurashic should get the admin win right now if goongoon can't play tomorrow at 14 GMT.

Tired of seeing goongoon's trashy and disrespectful attitude. enough of this farce.

The same can be said to other players who are scheduling very poorly and trying to weasel their way out of actually playing the game. I understand that you can busy: but busy to the point where you can find the time to set aside a few hours over the course of a week is fucking unrealistic. If you truly can't do that, then you probably have no business playing an online tournament in the first place. Especially when their opponents are readily available to play.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: Players who don't schedule

Post by momuuu »

Yes agreed. Its also a major hassle for the media team, since we have basically one day, or half a day, to set up the entire stream schedule...

Id maybe like to see somewhat longer rounds. 1.5 weeks per round instead of 1 week. So from monday till wednesday/thursday next week and then wednesfay/thursday till monday next week. Not many exceptions. Keep the rounds clear cut, dont start a next round until all games have been played. Dont be afraid to make admin decisions.

Also, imo you should not be allowed to deny casters at all unless the lag is actually serious. In the end this is a community event by the community for the community. The only people that have something to demand are those that make the tournament happen, the ones that donate and those that tune in to the streams. What they have to demand is that we try to stream as many games as possible. Or well, players can deny casters if they need to but make it the consequence that they cant win any prize money anymore then. After all, people that donate the money do it for the community and the stream, and if you refuse to contribute towards that, you dont deserve any money.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I don't think I agree with your last point. Compromise and dialogue between players, casters and admins is best in those situations. It's what we currently have, it's just that [redacted] is just being a dumb cunt again.
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

Post by Hagi »

Or players that agree to a specific schedule, don't come online and, on top of it, don't even say sorry for not showing up.
Disrespectful to the other player and all the viewers.
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

I think it's just as trashy to publicly attack someone like this, save it for the pm's. One mans opinion.
Taunt 3
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

DivineFire wrote:I think it's just as trashy to publicly attack someone like this, save it for the pm's. One mans opinion.

This. In general terms, I mostly agree with OP though – scheduling needs work.
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Post by oxaloacetate »

DivineFire wrote:I think it's just as trashy to publicly attack someone like this, save it for the pm's. One mans opinion.

Yesh.

Incog, moderate yo' self pls.
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I'm not tournament staff I'm just a viewer, I think I'm not going to sugar-coat what I say when I see people with bad, disrespectful attitudes. I'm French I don't beat around the bush. If you don't agree then I won't hold it against you, however I am going to say what I think in public. Not a fan of the hush-hush-everything-is-ok-just-close-your-eyes way of dealing with things.

Of course, goongoon not the only person who is doing this, there are others. In contrast to those people though, last tournament Raphael had his PC break down and he just straight up forfeit. this tournament it was marco. They were very respectful of other players and the tournament. I'm not saying that people should straight up forfeit when they have issues, but they should at very least be very communicative about those problems. I'm just not seeing that out of a few players, who seem to be more interested in making the tournament be run around themselves. As such, I feel they should be called out for it.
Garja wrote:
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

iNcog wrote:Yeah so these players are slowing down the entire tournament.

e.g. goongoon currently being an idiot. If goongoon can't make tomorrow at 14 or 15 gmt, then yurashic should get the admin win, imo. Not my call since I'm not tournament staff (don't want to be), but I personally (as a viewer) believe that yurashic should get the admin win right now if goongoon can't play tomorrow at 14 GMT.

Tired of seeing goongoon's trashy and disrespectful attitude. enough of this farce.

The same can be said to other players who are scheduling very poorly and trying to weasel their way out of actually playing the game. I understand that you can busy: but busy to the point where you can find the time to set aside a few hours over the course of a week is fucking unrealistic. If you truly can't do that, then you probably have no business playing an online tournament in the first place. Especially when their opponents are readily available to play.
I think the same as you, but if you make a disqualification for all the people who are really busy, you would lose many interesting matches. That's why admins wait before to eliminate the players. Of course you can't also let people do whatever they want. Basically, tournament staff should follow the tourney rules, who are valid for any player (even a top player).
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

I agree with incog, i don't tend to hold back in such matters either.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Just to be clear, I'm not asking for admin decisions or stuff like that. Consider this post as an appeal for players to schedule both more efficiently and more respectfully towards everyone. Communication is key. Some players are very good at that, some players are not.

acergame for instance still hasn't responded to H2O's proposal for 17 GMT.
Garja wrote:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

tbh, it appears goongoon just had legit trouble with his net, and he gave yurashic the win after his last effort to play the games wasnt enough. so as much as i dislike his behaviour sometimes, this time it seems like it wasnt really his fault :/ he did mention in the scheduling topic before, that he had net troubles and possibly couldnt make it.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Yeah that looks to be the case. Looks like I got a little riled up there; though to be fair it's apparent today that he had net issues, whereas yesterday we had no idea what was going on until well after the scheduled time.

Let's just consider this topic as an indicator that players should be a bit more considerate and communicative when scheduling, or else French people will blow up! We all know the trouble that causes..
Garja wrote: