Move stream to Youtube Gamming

Do you think we should move to Youtube Gaming?

Yes, I think we should use Youtube Gaming.
64%
No, I think we should continue using Twitch.
36%

Total votes: 55

Brazil Buckethead
Retired Contributor

Move stream to Youtube Gamming

Post by Buckethead »

@Mr_Bramboy told me to create a topic about it, so..

Youtube
- Quality options in all streams
-- Any user with any internet speed can watch, including on mobile.

- Video Player OP
-- You who have internet 30mb and twitch continues buffering? you will not have that anymore.

- New Users
-- New platform, new viewers will appear.

Twitch
- Quality options is rare
-- Needs Twitch Partnership to have options in every stream, and for that we need average concurrent viewership of 500+ (not just a one-time peak)
-- The current average is 250~ views, then, nothing we can do.

-- Video Player sucks
- buffering several times even with enough bandwidth to watch.

- Streams are deleted over time
-- We need to import to youtube to lose the streams, Treated Championship streams were lost because of it.

The casters say they will lose viewers with this change...
But most views of streams comes because of users saw that the stream is online on the website of ESOC.
And even if this is true, the users who visit ESOC each day that made the donation for this tournament happen, not random people of twitch.
I want to have fun with the stream of Inter & Zuta, evaluation high level of Samwise, H2O etc. I donated twice for it, not to be watching only recoded game..

"Ah... why you can watch in the future on youtube"
- Then why did you pay to watch live football/basketball /anything else? Live is much more exciting.

"Ah... I can watch without buffering, fuck u dude, get a decent internet"
- if it were possible I would not be creating this thread.

"Ah... use Livestreamer+VLC, the buffering will disappear"
- I already use it currently, the difference is minimal.

My English is very bad, please have patience :D
France iNcog
Ninja

Re: Move stream to Youtube Gamming

Post by iNcog »

I shan't speak without the presence of my lawyer on this one.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I think we lose more viewers by switching to youtube gaming than we do by not having quality options. You'd gain from it, but overall the community doesnt I think. Can always watch on youtube anywas since everyone is uploaded.

Also if you had actually spend time reading up on twitch partnership (or at least quality options) you'd know that we have a very decent chance as esoctv. Probably best to try it somewhere between now and the finals.
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

Get a partnership. I think it would be likely given that this is a novel game. Problem solved
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

Post by Hagi »

If only the content would be up the next day on youtube, there will be a case to defend.
But it's more like 2 weeks delay, right?
Brazil Buckethead
Retired Contributor

Post by Buckethead »

Jerom wrote:I think we lose more viewers by switching to youtube gaming than we do by not having quality options. You'd gain from it, but overall the community doesnt I think. Can always watch on youtube anywas since everyone is uploaded.

Also if you had actually spend time reading up on twitch partnership (or at least quality options) you'd know that we have a very decent chance as esoctv. Probably best to try it somewhere between now and the finals.

Would not miss, users who can not see the stream will be able to see now, would compensate.
Only me? Of course not, I'll start taking print from now on (if you do not change) of users who ask quality options, let's see how many.

Partnership requirements (http://www.twitch.tv/partner/signup)
To qualify as a Twitch Partner, we look for:
Average concurrent viewership of 500+ (not just a one-time peak)
Regular broadcast schedule of at least 3 times a week
Content that conforms to our Terms of Service and DMCA Guidelines
Minimum broadcast requirements are a general guideline. Exceptions are handled on a case by case basis. We're always excited by broadcasters who stream unique games!

Not because we have a peak at the end of tourney we will have partnership, do not count on it.
No Flag 91
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by 91 »

I haven't looked too much into it but I can't find an option in their API to return all streams streaming a specific game, which would mean we can't easily list all youtube streams on esoc website as we do with twitch streams. We would have to manually add each stream. It might exist, or if it doesn't they will probably add it very soon.

This is just a side note. I guess this is only for esoctv for now, but perhaps more will follow, and it would be nice to list all streams if so.

Personally I have to say I have had a much better experience on youtube than on twitch
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

If you read some more they go in depth about how the 500+ viewers is a general guideline, and how they easily make exceptions especially for unique streams or streams that represent a game. If we tell them we are the premiere aoe3 channel and then remember twitch staff that aoe3 is like the 30th game being sold on steam atm, I am pretty sure we will at least get quality options (which doesnt equal being a twitch partner anyways).
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Minimum broadcast requirements are a general guideline. Exceptions are handled on a case by case basis. We're always excited by broadcasters who stream unique games!

To be fair there are a lot of starcraft professional players with less successful streams than what we have; they are partners anyway.

We are the number 1 community site for what is an old title with the prestigious "Age of Empires" tag on it; that's an AAA title, don't forget.

I think we have chances to realistically acquire twitch partnership. If we apply and don't get partnership, perhaps we should go into youtube.

Just my 2 cents.

-------------------------
The above post does not in any way, shape or form represent the views of Official ESOC© Site Staff. The above poster is allegedly held responsible for his own views and as such any complaints with said views may not be directed at ESOC© or affiliated parties, as agreed upon in the Official Terms & Conditions which you have obligatorily agreed to upon site registration.
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

iNcog wrote:

To be fair there are a lot of starcraft professional players with less successful streams than what we have; they are partners anyway.

We are the number 1 community site for what is an old title with the prestigious "Age of Empires" tag on it; that's an AAA title, don't forget.

I think we have chances to realistically acquire twitch partnership. If we apply and don't get partnership, perhaps we should go into youtube.

Just my 2 cents.

-------------------------
The above post does not in any way, shape or form represent the views of Official ESOC© Site Staff. The above poster is allegedly held responsible for his own views and as such any complaints with said views may not be directed at ESOC© or affiliated parties, as agreed upon in the Official Terms & Conditions which you have obligatorily agreed to upon site registration.

ye I think if you argue sth along the line that this is the only big stream for aoe 3 representing the whole community which is getting bigger again you might get it granted . Obviously if you are allowed to argue at and they wont just look at the numbers
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

Why don't we at least have like a trial run where we stream SS or something similar on YouTube and see how many people show up. At least then we will have solid facts and not mere speculation.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

To be quite fair I think we have a very good shot at obtaining twitch partnership if we applied.

The problem is that there may be a dry spell of AoE3 content after the tournament. No need to get partnership if we can't fulfill the requirements afterwards.
Garja wrote:
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

Well first of all, you need to have good content either way. Second, why don't you apply for Twitch as well as doing a YouTube trial. That way you know exactly what you will be getting on each platform.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

Post by Hagi »

I think the easier thing to do is to find a way to have the youtube streams pop up on the side like twitch.
If you manage to find how to implement it, there is no need to debate and try to convince others or make a poll.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

iNcog wrote:To be quite fair I think we have a very good shot at obtaining twitch partnership if we applied.

The problem is that there may be a dry spell of AoE3 content after the tournament. No need to get partnership if we can't fulfill the requirements afterwards.

Ive tried to get ryan or mitoe (since they are native speakers) to do it. He said he put it on his to-do-list so who knows. I think that the media team will try to get weekly content out there after the tournament ends. H2O explains, guest streams, whatever else there is. Need to get some ideas going for that at some point though.
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

Post by Hagi »

I forgot... please don't make me laugh. Losing members? really? Do you know how many players are watching old youtube videos? Do you know what will happen if they find out there are suddenly lot of players playing live on youtube?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Jerom wrote:
iNcog wrote:To be quite fair I think we have a very good shot at obtaining twitch partnership if we applied.

Ive tried to get ryan or mitoe (since they are native speakers) to do it. He said he put it on his to-do-list so who knows. I think that the media team will try to get weekly content out there after the tournament ends. H2O explains, guest streams, whatever else there is. Need to get some ideas going for that at some point though.

I am largely considering reworking the Strong World concept completely. Though this time around with actual staff to help with shit rather than me doing things alone and fucking things up alone. Also better, simpler rules. Two tiers only: one qualification tier and another "tournament tier". Qualification tier has the lax SW rules we know, "tournament tier" has the 4 qualified clans competing in a proleague format.

The original idea behind SW was to provide something to stream on twitch.
Garja wrote:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

iNcog wrote:
Jerom wrote:

I am largely considering reworking the Strong World concept completely. Though this time around with actual staff to help with shit rather than me doing things alone and fucking things up alone. Also better, simpler rules. Two tiers only: one qualification tier and another "tournament tier". Qualification tier has the lax SW rules we know, "tournament tier" has the 4 qualified clans competing in a proleague format.

The original idea behind SW was to provide something to stream on twitch.

If you need help I'll be available.
Hagi wrote:I forgot... please don't make me laugh. Losing members? really? Do you know how many players are watching old youtube videos? Do you know what will happen if they find out there are suddenly lot of players playing live on youtube?

I am pretty sure theres a large viewer base subscribed to esoc tv and a large viewerbase just checking streamers streaming aoe3 (which isn't even speculation, theres always viewers moving to the unknown streamers if theres nobody else streaming).
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Starting from the Saturday that just passed, i am no longer going to stay and watch the stream if it buffers.
I watched only 1 game out of 4 , and because it is buffering as always, it doesnt really concern me if i show up 5 minutes before the end of the stream or 5 minutes before the stream starts.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Yes we need to get quality options, or rid of all the poor people.
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

Is there any reason we can't stream to both site simultaneously? Obviously splitting the user base might be bad but overall could be good.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Jerom wrote:If you read some more they go in depth about how the 500+ viewers is a general guideline, and how they easily make exceptions especially for unique streams or streams that represent a game. If we tell them we are the premiere aoe3 channel and then remember twitch staff that aoe3 is like the 30th game being sold on steam atm, I am pretty sure we will at least get quality options (which doesnt equal being a twitch partner anyways).
The staff hasn't told them yet ?! I thought it was in process :(

purplesquid wrote:Is there any reason we can't stream to both site simultaneously?
No.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

The buffering stuff is really annoying indeed, I think it prevents a lot of people from watching the streams.

Will we be able to have the same list on the left, finding all TAD youtube streams ? If not, I guess we shouldn't switch

Your english is ok btw
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Consider this situation. We apply for twitch partnership and get it, meaning quality options all the time. Will zutazuta continue to stream Saturday Smackdown on his personal channel? I think without Smackdown and without a current tourney, esoctv puts out almost no content :S