Version: Definitive Edition
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Re: GG.Revnak vs Ungurs

Post by EliteRifleman »

Congratulations dude!
Congratulations also to all the participants, organizers and the community in general!
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher
ESO: Senor_boe

Post by Senor_Boe »

GG! The Portugal - Malta game made me get mad at you but I still love you and will always love you my teacher , you are unbeatable .
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

ESOCTV - Twitch - Profil 1 – Microsoft​ Edge 28_08_2022 21_51_07 (3).png
Big cringe moment again for Kaister and Duck thinking the game was over because Breeze donated 2 falcs . Little they know the beast breeze really is . :-)
United States of America GiBthedurrty
Lancer
Donator 01
Clan: YumiW

Post by GiBthedurrty »

OMG I LOVE YOU REVNAK
No Flag a forum ghost
Musketeer

Post by a forum ghost »

Congrats Breezus. You are not the most skillful player ever, but you sure is the one that stayed around the longest, and persistence is a good quality to have.

There were some players that are technically better than you that played on the tournament (Kaiserklein, Kynesie, Optimus, Ezad), but they sorta of stopped playing actively, while you kept going. I can't remember nobody that has been active on this game for as long as you have been. There is merit on this as well.

The last series was very iconic because of this. It was clear that Ungurs is mechanically speaking a better player than you, but it was also clear that you are a more experienced player that know the matchups/appropriate build orders to use, and this is a reflex of the years you spent grinding this game.

At the end of the day, I think you did deserved to win this tournament.

And Ungurs is a very talented player. He have potential to become one of the, if not the best, aoe3 player in the incoming years.

It would be interesting if he becomes the best, as the previous one was a grouchy 65 years old dude, and his successor can be a literal teenager. Think on the irony of that. :devilrazz:
No Flag a forum ghost
Musketeer

Post by a forum ghost »

Senor_Boe wrote: ↑
28 Aug 2022, 22:52
GG! The Portugal - Malta game made me get mad at you but I still love you and will always love you my teacher , you are unbeatable .
I don't know if it was a Breeze throw honestly.
Malta is a weird civ that had a bunch of random bonuses that don't necessarily gels which other.
But boy, if there's one thing they are good at, is being a anti-water civ.
Commandery + Fixed Gun + that unique ship it's a really good anti-water combo.

They are probably not the best antiwater civ (I think that the best one is still hauds/iro), but Malta are surely a insane antiwater civ.
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

a forum ghost wrote: ↑
29 Aug 2022, 03:31
Congrats Breezus. You are not the most skillful player ever, but you sure is the one that stayed around the longest, and persistence is a good quality to have.

There were some players that are technically better than you that played on the tournament (Kaiserklein, Kynesie, Optimus, Ezad), but they sorta of stopped playing actively, while you kept going. I can't remember nobody that has been active on this game for as long as you have been. There is merit on this as well.

The last series was very iconic because of this. It was clear that Ungurs is mechanically speaking a better player than you, but it was also clear that you are a more experienced player that know the matchups/appropriate build orders to use, and this is a reflex of the years you spent grinding this game.

At the end of the day, I think you did deserved to win this tournament.

And Ungurs is a very talented player. He have potential to become one of the, if not the best, aoe3 player in the incoming years.

It would be interesting if he becomes the best, as the previous one was a grouchy 65 years old dude, and his successor can be a literal teenager. Think on the irony of that. :devilrazz:
I'm very surprised by seeing rather can be evaluated a message with closer to normal metrics, even if you are still throwing your bias towards breeze behind a wall, if not anything, All top players competed for this tournament. We all know Mitoe can't join because of his job and apart from Hazza who hasn't been playing sup at all, who else didn't join for this event? Kynesie had lag issues I heard, that's unfortunate but some top players even stayed out of top16 and breeze hasn't dropped one single series if we don't count the full lag he had at his first week.

The main reason tournaments are hosted is to determine who is the champion, aka who is the best player. So far, this is the biggest DE tournament ever hosted, and as the winner of that, we can conclude that currently Revnak is the best Aoe3 player, surely not everyone has same strengths and weaknesses, but it's indeed clear that the players you listed above are not any better than Revnak, if that was the case, they would win the tournament no? About Ezad part, I laughed quite hard, you know Revnak won him 4-1 last year's GC which was another S tier tournament. And 5-3 in bo7 this one ^^ Revnak is objectively the champion and best aoe3 player right now.
No Flag a forum ghost
Musketeer

Post by a forum ghost »

Well, coming from you a "bias towards Breeze" kind of means that I am not sucking his dick until his kidney stones come out.

And yeah, I'm aware that those players did participate on the tournament. But they weren't really playing this game actively on last months like Breeze did, and I think that is actual reason that they performances were so poor this tournament.

At the end of the day, I think is actually good that Breeze won that tournament instead of Ezad, for example. Because despite Ezad being technically a better player, he was not playing the game actively on the last months or so, and would not look good for aoe3 to have a player that did not played a lot on the last months as the winner.
And surely there is merit on the guy that stayed on it while the others sort of gave up on the game. That's an undeniable Breeze merit.

And on Ezad: Firstly, Ezad is a far better player than he was a year ago.
This 4-1 series vs Breeze was not even that bad actually, because it was a close series on the first 3 games. Then Ezad lost the last two game because he played Heavily Kami Japan vs Ports and Torii Gates Japan vs India. (Kind of mixed up the build order there, no?)

I can remember some worst loses for Ezad, like that 3-0 vs Kaiserklein on the legacy tournament.

But at the end of 2021, beginning of 2022 he was surely the best player around, in part because Kaiserklein did not played a lot back them, in part because he improved a ton as well.
But yeah, it seems that he has not been active on the months prior and during this tournament.

And secondly, I think is ironic that you give lag as excuses for Kynesie's poor performance and Breeze losing to Julian on the qualifiers, but just complete ignored Ezad's lag issues on the game 7. A game that he was winning minding you, until his lag allowed Breeze's insurgentes spam to connect on his army and effectively losing him the game.
And this was proceed by a questionable admin decision of re-rolling the civs, which end up in a really good match up for Breeze.

Don't think Breeze should have been disqualified for unpausing, like some people want it to, but sure is a dickhead thing to do, specially if you consider that on the game 1 of that series Breeze paused and Ezad waited.

But to think did that fate did not favored Breeze that series is idiotic, really. He was losing a Mexico vs China, got a chance to play another game, and combined with the questionable admin decision of changing civilizations, he got himself a Spain vs Portugal, which is a really Spain favored matchup, instead of just repeating the Mexico vs China (That's what should have happened there).

But again, it's probably a good thing that the tournament end up in the hands of a guy that was actively grinding the game during the tournament.

And saying that the winner of the biggest tournament is always the best player is quite a oversimplification of things. Kinds of reminds of those people that says that Diarouga is the best aoe3 player ever due to the winning the LAN.

Although he was a pretty good player at his time, it was clear even to a guy that solely watched recs and old videos that he was not exactly the very best player. He was a quite good one, don't get me wrong, but he just was the player that happened to win that specific tournament, not the very best one around.

And just like Breeze. Breeze is not the greatest aoe3 player ever because of this victory. He surely is the best player that remained active during the time that this tournament was played.

But yeah, is my honest opinion on those matters. Take for what it is.
If you think is somewhat accurate analysis, ok. If you think it's just stupid rant, fine by me as well.
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by GiBthedurrty »

29 Aug 2022, 22:14
Well, coming from you a "bias towards Breeze" kind of means that I am not sucking his dick until his kidney stones come out.

And yeah, I'm aware that those players did participate on the tournament. But they weren't really playing this game actively on last months like Breeze did, and I think that is actual reason that they performances were so poor this tournament.

At the end of the day, I think is actually good that Breeze won that tournament instead of Ezad, for example. Because despite Ezad being technically a better player, he was not playing the game actively on the last months or so, and would not look good for aoe3 to have a player that did not played a lot on the last months as the winner.
And surely there is merit on the guy that stayed on it while the others sort of gave up on the game. That's an undeniable Breeze merit.

This 4-1 series vs Breeze was not even that bad actually, because it was a close series on the first 3 games. Then Ezad lost the last two game because he played Heavily Kami Japan vs Ports and Torii Gates Japan vs India. (Kind of mixed up the build order there, no?)

I can remember some worst loses for Ezad, like that 3-0 vs Kaiserklein on the legacy tournament.

But at the end of 2021, beginning of 2022 he was surely the best player around, in part because Kaiserklein did not played a lot back them, in part because he improved a ton as well.
But yeah, it seems that he has not been active on the months prior and during this tournament.

And secondly, I think is ironic that you give lag as excuses for Kynesie's poor performance and Breeze losing to Julian on the qualifiers, but just complete ignored Ezad's lag issues on the game 7. A game that he was winning minding you, until his lag allowed Breeze's insurgentes spam to connect on his army and effectively losing him the game.
And this was proceed by a questionable admin decision of re-rolling the civs, which end up in a really good match up for Breeze.

Don't think Breeze should have been disqualified for unpausing, like some people want it to, but sure is a dickhead thing to do, specially if you consider that on the game 1 of that series Breeze paused and Ezad waited.

But to think did that fate did not favored Breeze that series is idiotic, really. He was losing a Mexico vs China, got a chance to play another game, and combined with the questionable admin decision of changing civilizations, he got himself a Spain vs Portugal, which is a really Spain favored matchup, instead of just repeating the Mexico vs China (That's what should have happened there).

But again, it's probably a good thing that the tournament end up in the hands of a guy that was actively grinding the game during the tournament.

And saying that the winner of the biggest tournament is always the best player is quite a oversimplification of things. Kinds of reminds of those people that says that Diarouga is the best aoe3 player ever due to the winning the LAN.

Although he was a pretty good player at his time, it was clear even to a guy that solely watched recs and old videos that he was not exactly the very best player. He was a quite good one, don't get me wrong, but he just was the player that happened to win that specific tournament, not the very best one around.

And just like Breeze. Breeze is not the greatest aoe3 player ever because of this victory. He surely is the best player that remained active during the time that this tournament was played.

If you think is somewhat accurate analysis, ok. If you think it's just stupid rant, fine by me as well.
Who decides on who is best? I can claim Sir_Musket was the beast player of aoe3 between 2016 and 2019 but unfortunately I lack the proof, as you clearly do, which means both saying ezad was a beast and sirmusket was a beast are completely subjective without any legit merit at all. There is a reason why tournaments exist especially if they are S++ tier. To determine the best player, so, let's take tournament success as merit, Revnak constantly made it to #1-#4 in the 1v1 tournaments he joined since he plays, the dude was a completely team player back in EP days and wasn't even trying at all, at some point he was away for like 2 years, ezad constantly plays 1v1 probably longer than breeze in the period, but despite starting to play 1v1 actively since DE came out, Revnak has been one of the scariest player for his opponents.

About guigs's illegal admin abusing, not much to talk about tbh, imagine you are playing CS GO and game already started, you are in a combat and then "HEY PAUSE" I can't express how silly action it is to make. Aoe3 isn't a chess or board game, there is constant action and fights are extremely important part of it, pausing in a excessive fight is nothing but weakest thing you can do, yet there is not one single rule about pausing/unpausing still guigs illegally changed results of the game from breeze's 4-3 for breeze's 5-3, it was smart decision by him to add another victory to breeze's points and then rage quitting the stream after seeing his friend is getting smashed.
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

GiBthedurrty wrote: ↑
30 Aug 2022, 06:17
29 Aug 2022, 22:14

Who decides on who is best? I can claim Sir_Musket was the beast player of aoe3 between 2016 and 2019 but unfortunately I lack the proof, as you clearly do, which means both saying ezad was a beast and sirmusket was a beast are completely subjective without any legit merit at all. There is a reason why tournaments exist especially if they are S++ tier. To determine the best player, so, let's take tournament success as merit, Revnak constantly made it to #1-#4 in the 1v1 tournaments he joined since he plays, the dude was a completely team player back in EP days and wasn't even trying at all, at some point he was away for like 2 years, ezad constantly plays 1v1 probably longer than breeze in the period, but despite starting to play 1v1 actively since DE came out, Revnak has been one of the scariest player for his opponents.

About guigs's illegal admin abusing, not much to talk about tbh, imagine you are playing CS GO and game already started, you are in a combat and then "HEY PAUSE" I can't express how silly action it is to make. Aoe3 isn't a chess or board game, there is constant action and fights are extremely important part of it, pausing in a excessive fight is nothing but weakest thing you can do, yet there is not one single rule about pausing/unpausing still guigs illegally changed results of the game from breeze's 4-3 for breeze's 5-3, it was smart decision by him to add another victory to breeze's points and then rage quitting the stream after seeing his friend is getting smashed.
Exactly !
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Every single admin voted in favor of replaying this game as it was the most logical thing to do. Don't blame it on me please thanks :)

Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

drama whenever breeze is involved. Im so surprised
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Turkey Revnak
Crossbow

Post by Revnak »

@Guigs don't try to bring it up, none is stupid, you make things up by yourself, calling players "fucktard" in admin chat, siding for your friend constantly, you have shown great example of how somebody can power abuse. Show me one similar example where game is paused in a intensive fight and players were forced to wait it, especially from someone who is using insulting deck names + bming you every game. You are not only biased, but also very manipulative, you did lobby every single admin to enforce restart for your friends favour, it's fine though, your attempt didn't work. Btw It was the least logical thing to do as you enforced something that isn't even included in the rules anyone above 50 iq can see that. Which makes the "decision" illegal, illegitimate, power abuse. Bo7 ended up 5:3 thanks for that.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Wait, so you unpaused in a tourney game and you think that's fair?
Image Image Image
Lancer
Donator 01

Re:

Post by GiBthedurrty »

Lecastete wrote: ↑
30 Aug 2022, 13:20

Every single admin voted in favor of replaying this game as it was the most logical thing to do. Don't blame it on me please thanks :)
based on which rule did you try to restart a won game? Just curious, I can't see one, so, you make things up based on pleasure, lobby for your friend, and try to change series's potential outcome, but turns out failing once again.
Australia robo
ESOC Media Team
ESO: robo_boro
Clan: sQad

Re: Re:

Post by robo »

30 Aug 2022, 14:57
Lecastete wrote: ↑
30 Aug 2022, 13:20

based on which rule did you try to restart a won game? Just curious, I can't see one, so, you make things up based on pleasure, lobby for your friend, and try to change series's potential outcome, but turns out failing once again.
If someone unpaused instantly in a tournament after a valid pause without any warning I would give them a game loss, so a replay seems quite lenient to me...

Simply for fair play & sportsmanship.
Lancer
Donator 01

Re: Re:

Post by GiBthedurrty »

robo wrote: ↑
30 Aug 2022, 15:01
30 Aug 2022, 14:57
Show hidden quotes
If someone unpaused instantly in a tournament after a valid pause without any warning I would give them a game loss, so a replay seems quite lenient to me...

Simply for fair play & sportsmanship.
I ask which rule. You make things up. Calling your opponent "son of bitch" is which part of sportmanship robo?
Australia robo
ESOC Media Team

Post by robo »

Every player must respect their opponent and organizers. Misbehavior will result in a warning and can lead to disqualification.
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by GiBthedurrty »

robo wrote: ↑
30 Aug 2022, 15:12
Every player must respect their opponent and organizers. Misbehavior will result in a warning and can lead to disqualification.
I can't see any rule about pause robo, I'm asking once again, which rule about pausing.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

You'd need to write a book if you want to describe every edge case in the rules. Unpausing a tournament game without admin permission is so obviously wrong, no rule should need to be written to prevent it from happening. Not sure in what universe that wouldn't be an instant game loss unless it was by accident and the game was immediately repaused.
Australia robo
ESOC Media Team

Post by robo »

Rules cannot be specific about every possible situation unless you want to have a 400-page document...

If that were the case it would lead to even more abuse as any situation that is not specifically covered is free to be abused by players willing to find loopholes.
Italy Lord_Hope
Crossbow
ESO: Lord_Hope

Post by Lord_Hope »

Congratulations first! I had the opportunity to watch the live broadcast of the game, ezad should have been warned because he stopped the game in the middle of an intense battle, but ironically, the opposite was the case, I examined the tournament rules in detail, I couldn't find the specific rule about the game being paused. I would like to remind one of the most important points our professor said at the school I studied law "As long as there is no law against something, it is legal." In this context, the action taken against revnak is completely unfair and unenforceable, it has been openly biased in the face of a situation where there is no prohibition, and I do not find it right for guigs to leave in the middle of the broadcast. I'm commenting as I see it.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

That take is even more cringe coming from a law student, who should very well know that even the law doesn't account for everything
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

As someone who believed in Armenian and turkish brothership I wanted to write this, I'd be thankful if the bias and one sided actions taken towards revnak could finally come to an end. He isn't an unfair player or flamer trying to ruin everyone's day. Not once has he tried to destroy this community by accepting yukietty. Having your own opinions about revnak might be a problem for all of the vocal minority. I still believe the community website shouldn't be run with personal bias otherwise you destroy the community. and map restart wasn't legit lol.
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco