GG.Revnak vs Ungurs

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Re: GG.Revnak vs Ungurs

Post by Goodspeed »

I'm confused, people are saying the restart was unfair to the guy who unpaused?
United States of America GiBthedurrty
Lancer
Donator 01
Clan: YumiW

Post by GiBthedurrty »

Goodspeed wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 15:38
I'm confused, people are saying the restart was unfair to the guy who unpaused?
of course, his won game was stolen from him
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

By himself.. by unpausing?

What if he had just resigned and then claimed victory saying he had the game won, and admins had the game replayed. Would that be "stealing his win"?
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Unpausing without checking first with the other player seems like a perfectly legit reason for admins to call for a rematch - I'd even say it should be an instant game loss depending on the circumstances.

Admins chat should be public (view only of course) by the way
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Italy MaxMagous
Skirmisher
ESO: MaxMagous

Post by MaxMagous »

I wonder when the esoc moderation team will stop being so lenient. This would be a very friendly and welcoming community if it wasn't for those two or three people we all know of. You don't give unfixable individuals an endless amount of second chances.
look wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 08:55
Kaiserklein wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 07:42
Well nvm, none of these dates work for me
who care? unfortunately, one must decide to be an aoe3 pro or not
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by GiBthedurrty »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 15:44
Unpausing without checking first with the other player seems like a perfectly legit reason for admins to call for a rematch - I'd even say it should be an instant game loss depending on the circumstances.

you realise how tricky its to pause in a game which has snare function? to get your snared army/unit split and ungroup that snared unit to get rid of snaring, don't be hilarious more lol
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher
ESO: Senor_boe

Post by Senor_Boe »

yeee , surely unsnare your army from pause and expect to opponent to respect it, this is part of RTS game or rules?
Germany moonshine
Skirmisher

Post by moonshine »

MaxMagous wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 15:47
I wonder when the esoc moderation team will stop being so lenient. This would be a very friendly and welcoming community if it wasn't for those two or three people we all know of. You don't give unfixable individuals an endless amount of second chances.
Okay? Then I ask myself - When will ESO-C finally start to exclude people like you? I mean in Game you can't do anything else but insult people and then you go into Twitch or to ESO-C and play the poor victim, or go into other Discord chats and insult people back there. HAHA. One of the biggest dogs you are in this game and you play the morality police up to front. End level. It is a pity that very few people know all the background informations about you.....
Last edited by edeholland on 30 Aug 2022, 20:21, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Doxxing MaxMagous
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

GiBthedurrty wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 15:52
Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 15:44

you realise how tricky its to pause in a game which has snare function? to get your snared army/unit split and ungroup that snared unit to get rid of snaring, don't be hilarious more lol

1) did ezad used his pause to unsnare his army ? That would also be bad sportsmanship and should at the very least earn him a warning.
2) People can pause for a number of legitimate and unpredictable reasons - say, someone is ringing at the doorbell for example. It's not like AoE3 players are professional of the game in any sense, and unpredictable things happen. A big lag spike is also something that seems like a perfectly legitimate reason to pause and in fact there has been numerous examples of people pausing in competition due to lag spikes - of course, since the opponent is generally not Revnak this never caused any problem...
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

It's about good faith versus bad faith and everyone knows the unpause was in bad faith.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

you two realize how stupid and embarrassing your comments are ( gib and senor boe ), ezad lost his connection and was in a freeze situation and therefore his army was afk and he could not move his army and therefore ezad tried to pause but breeze decided to unpause because he has shitty sportsmanship ( FPLC Fair Player league ), and don't act like it's not normal this situation has happened before on breeze stream already and many other streamers when suddenly the game says you lose the connection while the stream is still running, so pretending that ezad intentionally paused to harm breeze is really stupid, and again watching the clip you can clearly watch ezad losing his entire army on a freeze so the pause is legitimate here cuz he want his connection back right and breeze had no reason to unpause since ezad had lost almost everything already so the unsnare excuse is completely dumb and make no sense at all, but then again i guess the shitty sportsmanship from breeze brought that all the admins agreed to the rematch, since i suppose all the admins were disgusted to see this shitty sportsmanship
Image Image
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

kevinitalien wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 16:33
you two realize how stupid and embarrassing your comments are ( gib and senor boe ), ezad lost his connection and was in a freeze situation and therefore his army was afk and he could not move his army and therefore ezad tried to pause but breeze decided to unpause because he has shitty sportsmanship ( FPLC Fair Player league ), and don't act like it's not normal this situation has happened before on breeze stream already and many other streamers when suddenly the game says you lose the connection while the stream is still running, so pretending that ezad intentionally paused to harm breeze is really stupid, and again watching the clip you can clearly watch ezad losing his entire army on a freeze so the pause is legitimate here cuz he want his connection back right and breeze had no reason to unpause since ezad had lost almost everything already so the unsnare excuse is completely dumb and make no sense at all, but then again i guess the shitty sportsmanship from breeze brought that all the admins all agreed to the rematch, since i suppose all the admins were disgusted to see this shitty sportsmanship
Wtf writing an essay to say that.
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

iNcog wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 16:29
It's about good faith versus bad faith and everyone knows the unpause was in bad faith.
Everyone knows good faith is the faith breeze stands for, He could destroy the whole community by smurfing every yukietty series and much more things which he legit had reasons to do so, he never was in malicious or enemy intend, but the "black sheeping" attempt from several users have been incredible and noted, kevin kind of people spammed the whole twitch chat by flaming breeze constantly even in the finals, it says enough.
Kevin's last message was "sad day for aoe3" My response is, great day for fair players, sad day for losers.
Lancer

Post by kevinitalien »

Senor_Boe wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 16:41
iNcog wrote:
kevin kind of people spammed the whole twitch chat by flaming breeze constantly even in the finals, it says enough.
Kevin's last message was "sad day for aoe3" My response is, great day for fair players, sad day for losers.
where ? show it, i am curious
also yes it was a sad day since breeze is a bad person and i wanted to ungurs to win so ofc i was sad, where the problem there ?
Image Image
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

Pretty sure you cannot pause if you disconnect. So whatever the pause was it was to help free himself from snare.
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Great Britain andrewgs
Musketeer

Post by andrewgs »

I wrote this for riot's thread but it fits better here.

I'm disappointed with the response to the pausing/lag and think you're missing the issue when asking for rules on pausing. In thousands of games, I've had one player unpause the game. This is not normal behaviour. Even kerimb respects pauses.

Put yourself in Ezad's shoes here:
You're watching an instant replay of your units dying. This happens fast so you can't keep up with what units you've got left and what you need to do; it's disorientating. You pause to get your head back into the game. Your opponent unpauses. Half your focus is now on why they're unpausing, not on the game.

I suspect many people haven't experienced this (most lag spikes aren't game changing) so just see this as unpausing, but describing it as unpausing doesn't do it justice. This is repeated disrespectful behaviour. It should be common sense to respect pauses. There's no way to contact an admin during a game otherwise.

The comments about unpausing in the middle of a fight are disingenuous. Walking an army into your opponents army is not a fight.

There's 3 possible options in response to the pausing/lag:
1. Game stands, Breeze wins.
2. Rematch.
3. Admin win to Ezad.

Option 2 seems like the middle ground as the game was in Ezad's favour before the lag, but in breeze's afterwards. That's a reasonable admin decision in response to the lag spike.
I don't think that's a good repsonse to unpausing as by not punishing this behaviour you're effectively condoning it. Although It's not explicitly in the rules, I'd argue it's covered by respecting your opponent.

'1.10 - Every player must respect their opponent and organizers. Misbehavior** will result in a warning and can lead to disqualification. Racism and/or insults will not be tolerated. More information regarding this can be found in the Disqualification Rules section'
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

badmorals.png
" breeze is bad person " says the racist :roll:
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

Senor_Boe wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 17:17
badmorals.png
Shameful, imagine being racist in 2022, unfollowing him now.
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by GiBthedurrty »

Sargsyan wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 17:18
Senor_Boe wrote:
badmorals.png
Shameful, imagine being racist in 2022, unfollowing him now.
imagine not liking revnak so much that you would associate with racism
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

It's funny tho, every time I watch Breeze streams (or other streams when he's playing as the opponent) he pauses games, and the other player respect his pauses. Apparently he doesn't do the same, because the opponent could unsnare his army (???)
Image Image Image
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Senor_Boe wrote:
iNcog wrote:
Everyone knows good faith is the faith breeze stands for, He could destroy the whole community by smurfing every yukietty series and much more things which he legit had reasons to do so, he never was in malicious or enemy intend, but the "black sheeping" attempt from several users have been incredible and noted, kevin kind of people spammed the whole twitch chat by flaming breeze constantly even in the finals, it says enough.
Saying someone is good "because they could be bad" does not correlate to someone being good.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

iNcog wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 17:45
Senor_Boe wrote:
iNcog wrote:
Saying someone is good "because they could be bad" does not correlate to someone being good.
That's off, Saying someone is "bad" because you disagree with him is more pathetic if you ask me.
Italy Lord_Hope
Crossbow
ESO: Lord_Hope

Post by Lord_Hope »

Goodspeed wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 15:26
That take is even more cringe coming from a law student, who should very well know that even the law doesn't account for everything
If disciplinary actions are to be taken, they can only be applied from the existing prohibitions. Situations that have not been written or shared before cannot be attributed as forbidden, you also mentioned that my legal knowledge is cringe. I don't like this kind of speaking tone for you. As a general principle, if there is no current ban written, you cannot run a retroactive ban either, since there is no rule about pausing or unpausing play in this context, it is obvious that revnak was right. He was the one that is disrespected by the pause during the fight. I also would like to add, as the RTS description means real-time strategy, that is, the game is not stopped and goes on forward without a break. When we consider this definition, it is clear and obvious that there should be no pause in a game with such a definition.
Lancer

Post by kevinitalien »

Senor_Boe wrote:
badmorals.png
this is the only things you guys spamm since 3 weeks for defend yourself :uglylol: even tho you start to talk me flaming on twitch chat you put a ss from discord :uglylol:, but well i guess that fucking french named kevin is a bad person, and the guy who call everyone retard is a good guy ( the guy you called retard with breeze yesterday on nilla was memento when you lost )
Image Image
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Post by AraGun »

I have been lurking in the forums for years, always avoided discussions but at this point I felt the need to type, why can't certain users not stop their obsession with breeze? I watched the stream and he is dragboxing his army to remacro/micro which is not legal. Breeze won this fair and square he is clearly better.