STARVATION fun tournament (with $100 prize pot!)

Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Re: STARVATION fun tournament (with $100 prize pot!)

Post by sirmusket »

Zhanson10 wrote:I really like this idea, although some rules seem super duper random, such as no stagecoach and no improved mercenaries

Stagecoach would be a huge advantage on maps like Klondike which has 5 tps and ofc certain civs can get those tp and control theme faster than others, Im not sure about the improved merc beingb anned though i guess Forgrin hates it cause i abuse so often vs him =P
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

sirmusket wrote:
Zhanson10 wrote:I really like this idea, although some rules seem super duper random, such as no stagecoach and no improved mercenaries

Stagecoach would be a huge advantage on maps like Klondike which has 5 tps and ofc certain civs can get those tp and control theme faster than others, Im not sure about the improved merc beingb anned though i guess Forgrin hates it cause i abuse so often vs him =P

"No improved mercs" is in place to prevent German merc spam winning since it costs only coin. Mercs will already be stronger than usual in this event so I don't want them to be over the top.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

No stagecoach is to make sure that you can't just use it for food. If there was a way to only remove food from stagecoach I'd do it.

No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

forgrin wrote:
sirmusket wrote:

"No improved mercs" is in place to prevent German merc spam winning since it costs only coin. Mercs will already be stronger than usual in this event so I don't want them to be over the top.

I think as it stands it will just be outlaw fest in age 2 with every civ though. I think one of the top civs would be germany because of the free uhlans and palantinate settlements.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Sioux 10 pistolero age 2 ☺
Portuguese bush denial ☺
Is food trickle banned?
Error 404: Signature not found
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

forgrin wrote:

No stagecoach is to make sure that you can't just use it for food. If there was a way to only remove food from stagecoach I'd do it.

Naw you can just trust us <3 ahha
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

Not banning India is ok because they can not gather from livestock anyway, and it will take them more time to drop mills as they also have to make vils.

Dutch has food trickle, which may work :)
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

What about the race for buying food in the market (until a certain point), as it will be the slowest resource to gather ?
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

pecelot wrote:I think it can be pretty similar to Settler Massacre scenarios, in which there are no resources on a map whatsoever. Asian civs are rather strong there due to their cheaper paddies and Japan shipping cherry orchards, but I remember that Iroquois are considered the strongest I believe because of their travois and rush abilities. I saw @Aizamk playing it like a year ago on his stream, doing a 1v2 against some lieutenants/captains, maybe he can share his valuable experience before the tournament itself. Generally, I find the idea very neat, I've always thought of some fun games with some obstacles, like no shipments, no Fortress Age, only Discovery/Colonial Age shipments allowed and such. I think I'm gonna sign up just in case, as I may not be available to play in time.

This isn't anything like Settler Massacre if you're just removing hunts. The main issue in SM is the lack of wood, not of food.

TAD and TWC civs will likely remain strong though.

Brits will also be top tier because of mainly needing wood to boom.

Unfortunately won't be able to participate in this, though would have loved to.
oranges.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

Aizamk wrote:
pecelot wrote:I think it can be pretty similar to Settler Massacre scenarios, in which there are no resources on a map whatsoever. Asian civs are rather strong there due to their cheaper paddies and Japan shipping cherry orchards, but I remember that Iroquois are considered the strongest I believe because of their travois and rush abilities. I saw @Aizamk playing it like a year ago on his stream, doing a 1v2 against some lieutenants/captains, maybe he can share his valuable experience before the tournament itself. Generally, I find the idea very neat, I've always thought of some fun games with some obstacles, like no shipments, no Fortress Age, only Discovery/Colonial Age shipments allowed and such. I think I'm gonna sign up just in case, as I may not be available to play in time.

This isn't anything like Settler Massacre if you're just removing hunts. The main issue in SM is the lack of wood, not of food.

TAD and TWC civs will likely remain strong though.

Brits will also be top tier because of mainly needing wood to boom.

Unfortunately won't be able to participate in this, though would have loved to.

Ye I agree here, Brit can just get auto 20 vills from manors which is enough to actually build mills , livestock etc and they have cards that can help =P
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

_DB_ wrote:Not banning India is ok because they can not gather from livestock anyway, and it will take them more time to drop mills as they also have to make vils.

I agree on first part, kind of clarfying what i said above, but your 2nd comment is irrelevant, Dutch food trickle is like 2 vills tbh not that significant
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

We'll somewhat see, but British and Dutch may both be better than any TAD civilization in this scenario.
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

sirmusket wrote:
_DB_ wrote:Not banning India is ok because they can not gather from livestock anyway, and it will take them more time to drop mills as they also have to make vils.

I agree on first part, kind of clarfying what i said above, but your 2nd comment is irrelevant, Dutch food trickle is like 2 vills tbh not that significant

ye it isnt that good, but im sure it will be a better shipment than 3 vils in the scenario
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

So are there berries or not?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

@Aizamk why won't you be able to? D:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Why is china banned though? sure village is a free pen but you are not going to have any food to make goats anyways.Just remove herdables from map and it should be fair. Otto with free vills? Sioux with bison shipments? Iro with free farms? All these civs except otto will probably be fortress before any of the euro civ reaches age 2
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

Jerom wrote:So are there berries or not?

There are 2 berry maps, Klondike and Cascade Range. The counterpick rules are different in that you counterpick map, not civ, and are set up in such a way that you will be able to play the neutral game on no berries and your counterpick on no berries if you like.

I did this because it's unreasonable to expect people to learn how to play a bunch of civs for this event :p you can basically play one civ but the map will dramatically change how you have to play it (and will probably make some civs unviable on certain maps).

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

This is interesting. Also no point in discussing rules at lenght. Abusing not-obvious mechanics is what the event is about in the first place.
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Exactly. Only japan is an obvious ban because it just gets to play like they normally do but with weaker shrines.
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

China should not be banned. Livestock pens only cost 200 wood, plzzz. brits can manor boom but you'll ban China because it doesn't have to spend 200 extra wood on a livestock pen? Even though livestock pens fatten animals faster anyway... As for improved mercenaries, that's an age 3 shipment, and who the hell will make it to age 3 when Otto gets free Vils and doesn't collect food for them, or Iro with their free farm. And stagecoach isn't unbalanced, why ban it? It seems like a great way to get food, and people could fight over the tp line.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Tbh it's very hard to say which civ should be banned. Dutch and india settlers don't cost food, japs have 10k food in base, ger can go outlaws, brit can make manors with wood, china gets free livestock and pens, sioux can ship bisons, otto can train vils for free (without hunts)......................
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

Zhanson10 wrote:China should not be banned. Livestock pens only cost 200 wood, plzzz. brits can manor boom but you'll ban China because it doesn't have to spend 200 extra wood on a livestock pen? Even though livestock pens fatten animals faster anyway... As for improved mercenaries, that's an age 3 shipment, and who the hell will make it to age 3 when Otto gets free Vils and doesn't collect food for them, or Iro with their free farm. And stagecoach isn't unbalanced, why ban it? It seems like a great way to get food, and people could fight over the tp line.

I think I will unban China, will update post rules later.

Stagecoach will just make the game devolve into TP wars which we already see so much of. This tourney is about using things we don't see in 1v1 sup, not rehashing things that happen all the time.

Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

Jerom wrote:Exactly. Only japan is an obvious ban because it just gets to play like they normally do but with weaker shrines.

Thank you someone understands, everyone saying, why Japan banned lol
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

lol everyone rather agrees, just a couple of people question that
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

To be fair if Japan didn't have a starting orchard they would be ok.
Image Image Image