Other
44%

Total votes: 45

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: ESOC water maps balance

Post by momuuu »

Well I for one find water games boring to watch too, theres different perspectives on it and I feel like youre making some assumptions here that arent necessarily true.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

I just don't like how players have the influence to manipulate how tournaments are run. It's highly unfair to the other competitors who can't get to showcase their own strengths.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Ofc nobody wants to make a water play with 3-4 whales. It's only slowing your boom.

I think neutral players should decide water balance. Not Kynesie, Breeze and tit nor Jerom H2o or Mitoe who don't like it.
Right now it's just too bad...And the fact nobody is using it proves this. I think 5 whales would be optimal to Hudson/Manchuarias etc.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

somppukunkku wrote:Ofc nobody wants to make a water play with 3-4 whales. It's only slowing your boom.

I think neutral players should decide water balance. Not Kynesie, Breeze and tit nor Jerom H2o or Mitoe who don't like it.
Right now it's just too bad...And the fact nobody is using it proves this. I think 5 whales would be optimal to Hudson/Manchuarias etc.

Interesting how you tend to be quite eager to complain about maps you dont like yourself though.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

somppukunkku wrote:Ofc nobody wants to make a water play with 3-4 whales. It's only slowing your boom.

The amount of resources is not really the factor that makes wate viable or not. It is more about map layout and inland resources. Also whether it has american or asian natives (for canoes).
The fact that none is using it is mostly because of bias.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Jerom wrote:

Interesting how you tend to be quite eager to complain about maps you dont like yourself though.

Because water is part of this game. That's why more than 50% of original maps have water.

But how many maps there are with a fucking city in the middle of the map? Yes,right. That's only stupidity, nothing to even do with balance conversation.

Stupid comment by you anyways.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

There is no point on sayin stupid to a comment or work done for the sake of argument. It only satisfies you by such an immature method. There are other easy ways to do it. Personally i like variety and new things to explore; instead of mastering limited things. Thats why i like to watch water games, since it breaks the meta builds and opens a horizon to the game. Referring the Bonnie Spring map there is effort in it, so if you dont like it at least respect it. Personally i like to watch games in this map.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

HUMMAN wrote:There is no point on sayin stupid to a comment or work done for the sake of argument. It only satisfies you by such an immature method. There are other easy ways to do it. Personally i like variety and new things to explore; instead of mastering limited things. Thats why i like to watch water games, since it breaks the meta builds and opens a horizon to the game. Referring the Bonnie Spring map there is effort in it, so if you dont like it at least respect it. Personally i like to watch games in this map.

Post had no content and it was unlogical aswell. there's nothing immature saying that.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

I agree the post does not make sense yet your answer just destroys the conservation. Leaving no room for both sides to be objective since you go agressive. Anyway everyone has a way, you seem like to be the flamer dude.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Garja wrote:

The amount of resources is not really the factor that makes wate viable or not. It is more about map layout and inland resources. Also whether it has american or asian natives (for canoes).

ofc the amount of resources determines whether water is viable lol
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

WickedCossack wrote:I just don't like how players have the influence to manipulate how tournaments are run. It's highly unfair to the other competitors who can't get to showcase their own strengths.

i agree water games are more fun to watch and considered less fun to play by most players, however i feel like water needs to be balanced before it has a huge impact in a tournament setting, having indonesia in the map pool and baja and florida somewhat is enough water presence in this current tournament considering how weak water is on the ep. It was way too strong on RE as monitors were stronger and there was much more res, however i feel some simple tweaks are in order to map water viable on maps like hudson and manchuria. I also think on maps like baja and indonesia there should be a better land option to boom, for example a cree tp or a cherokee (i like no tps on indonesia so dont change that, however having the cree makes france and germany less shit).
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

I think the wall nerf is a quite huge nerf to water play but w/e I'm just a treaty captain...
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Hazza54321 wrote:
Garja wrote:

ofc the amount of resources determines whether water is viable lol

Not really because 4-5 whales (16-20 boats) is basically an optimal amount for booming. Anything more than that is overbooming and leads to sea camping which not only is lame but also shouldn't really work on a map with standard layout.
Water on Manchuria or HB is totally viable. Especially Manchuria that doesn't have many inland resources so the water guy can leverage on starvation.
Image Image Image
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Hazza54321 wrote:It was way too strong on RE as monitors were stronger and there was much more res, however i feel some simple tweaks are in order to map water viable on maps like hudson and manchuria. I also think on maps like baja and indonesia there should be a better land option to boom, for example a cree tp or a cherokee (i like no tps on indonesia so dont change that, however having the cree makes france and germany less shit).

Well, Indonesia seems to be one of the richest maps in terms of natural resources, on Baja you have TPs, on Manchuria you have untouchable TPs, Hudson has both Cree and TPs :idea:
Garja wrote:Not really because 4-5 whales (16-20 boats) is basically an optimal amount for booming. Anything more than that is overbooming and leads to sea camping which not only is lame but also shouldn't really work on a map with standard layout.
Water on Manchuria or HB is totally viable. Especially Manchuria that doesn't have many inland resources so the water guy can leverage on starvation.

Why is it lame? :huh:
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

pecelot wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:It was way too strong on RE as monitors were stronger and there was much more res, however i feel some simple tweaks are in order to map water viable on maps like hudson and manchuria. I also think on maps like baja and indonesia there should be a better land option to boom, for example a cree tp or a cherokee (i like no tps on indonesia so dont change that, however having the cree makes france and germany less shit).

Well, Indonesia seems to be one of the richest maps in terms of natural resources, on Baja you have TPs, on Manchuria you have untouchable TPs, Hudson has both Cree and TPs :idea:

indonesia doesnt have much natural res in terms of land, and manchruai and hudson arent real water maps thats what im saying
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

remove docks and boats and then water balance will be perfect!
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

Post by born2believe »

Darwin_ wrote:remove docks and boats and then water balance will be perfect!

Not all civs have the same shipments! :!: :!:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

born2believe wrote:

what? I wasn't talking about shipments lol. Water in aoe3 is just inherently broken IMO.
No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

Post by born2believe »

Darwin_ wrote:
born2believe wrote:

what? I wasn't talking about shipments lol. Water in aoe3 is just inherently broken IMO.

It was a joke. Even if you remove docks it won't be balanced since civs have different water shipments.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

born2believe wrote:It was a joke. Even if you remove docks it won't be balanced since civs have different water shipments.

Remove boats.
No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

Post by born2believe »

Darwin_ wrote:
born2believe wrote:It was a joke. Even if you remove docks it won't be balanced since civs have different water shipments.

Remove boats.

Canoes.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

born2believe wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:

Remove boats.

Canoes.

a canoe is a boat.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Darwin_ wrote:
born2believe wrote:

You just clearly haven't played it enough.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Hazza54321 wrote:
pecelot wrote:

indonesia doesnt have much natural res in terms of land, and manchruai and hudson arent real water maps thats what im saying

Indonesia have tons of inland resources, check better. Mines perhaps are average but the land guy is going to control most of them.
Hudson and Manchuria are fine for water play. Thing is water play isn't really good in the first place, even on RE.
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

foods fine, mines are poor, RE water is op man why do you think it was nerfed hard in the first place. Not gonna discuss this with you further waste of time.