Maps form

France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Maps form

Post by Rikikipu »

Hello folks ! I made a form in order to collect your opinion about Esoc maps :flowers:
Please take 5 min to your time to answer, it would be great.
https://goo.gl/forms/aI7IC98ZGn1eZuST2

@deleted_user5 you know what we say, bigger polls mean bigger ****
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Re: Maps form

Post by Asateo »

@Rikikipu
I can't seem to be able to answer the questions. Literally, can't write anything in the boxes.
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

Asateo wrote:@Rikikipu
I can't seem to be able to answer the questions. Literally, can't write anything in the boxes.

I don't really know why you got this issue Asateo, other people have been able to answer the questions. What is your device (mobile, tablet, computer, ...) ? What is your web browser ?
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

Firefox, windows 7 laptop.

Edit: tried in IE, worked there. So used to firefox that I forget IE is an option. Ty, thx. :flowers:
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

Asateo wrote:Firefox, windows 7 laptop.

Edit: tried in IE, worked there. So used to firefox that I forget IE is an option. Ty, thx. :flowers:

Alright, I'm glad it works. For the record, Firefox will have it's major update in its history in 2 days (on november the 14th). I've tried the beta, and it's far far far better and faster than the older broken Firefox :ohmy:
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

Bump
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

bump (sorry for that, I just want to make sure everyone sees it before tomorrow night)
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Asateo wrote:Firefox, windows 7 laptop.

Firefox didn't work, so you tried IE and it worked?

Are you sure you're living in our dimension?
United States of America godzillaking
Skirmisher
Donator 03

Post by godzillaking »

I was messing around on the Wadmalaw today and noticed that the Japan card that doubles the treasures doesn't work for that map.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Great form. I would make a short news post for this if I were you, many people won't see this.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I think so far, maps are mostly fine, but things are getting a bit convoluted at this point. Also, some maps are trying too hard to push a gimmick, I feel. What I would do at this point is focus on remaking a few RE maps (for instance, Yellow river and Yucatan would be awesome) as well as refining existing EP maps.

Also, we need a map or two with especially much safe resources – as a counterpoint to low-resource maps, in the pool. What about working this into a couple of the more identity-less ones?
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

I want more maps!
And a pink map!
And the new ui maps!
And candy's!
shit juice :hmm:
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

zoom wrote:I think so far, maps are mostly fine, but things are getting a bit convoluted at this point. Also, some maps are also trying too hard to push a gimmick, I feel. What I would do at this point is focus on remaking a few RE maps (for instance, Yellow river and Yucatan would be awesome) as well as refining existing EP maps.

Also, we need a map or two with especially much safe resources – as a counterpoint to low-resource maps, in the pool. What about working this into a couple of the more identity-less ones?

Baja California is sort of a Yucatan remake with obvious differences tho.
As for the safe resources your perception is probably wrong since 60% of the map pool is composed of very safe and abundant resource maps. We also have few niche map with focus on booming (florida, mendocino, GP, etc.).
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Garja wrote:
zoom wrote:I think so far, maps are mostly fine, but things are getting a bit convoluted at this point. Also, some maps are also trying too hard to push a gimmick, I feel. What I would do at this point is focus on remaking a few RE maps (for instance, Yellow river and Yucatan would be awesome) as well as refining existing EP maps.

As for the safe resources your perception is probably wrong since 60% of the map pool is composed of very safe and abundant resource maps. We also have few niche map with focus on booming (florida, mendocino, GP, etc.).
Is my perception wrong? I don't think you understand; it is my opinion that there should be a few maps with more safe resources than the current ones, at the very least.

The map pool is filling up too fast in general, and with a few maps that are pointless relative to existing ones on account of being indistinguishable, in particular.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

zoom wrote:
Garja wrote:

Is my perception wrong? I don't think you understand; it is my opinion that there should be a few maps with more safe resources than the current ones, at the very least.

The map pool is filling up too fast in general, and with a few maps that are pointless relative to existing ones on account of being indistinguishable, in particular.

@zoom I don't want to make you feel incomfortable but you have played less than 10 games in the last 2 years. A lot of maps have been released since this period, and arguing that there are not enough maps with enough resources is just false. Mendocino, Florida, Manchuria, Adirondacks, Jebel Musa, Herald Island, High Plains... Basically all of these maps got +10k starting food and 4K starting gold mines. There isn't any single map like that on RE, whereas ESOC maps set got a lot of them. Saying that you prefer defensive maps with high resources is something, saying that there aren't enough defensive maps is just wrong.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Ah, it seems you also don't understand: I would like a few maps with more safe resources than the current ones. In my opinion that would be good. I am not arguing a single thing, although I may consider doing so at some point.

Also, I am aware of the existing maps and their levels of safe resources, thank you.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

zoom wrote:
Garja wrote:

It is my opinion that the current map pool is unbalanced toward too safe resources, so no we don't need more maps with more safe resources.
I don't think the new maps are pointless relative to the existing ones since they in fact fill the gaps in the pool, for example water maps, or water with no TPs.

I do understand your opinion. However your opinon is based on wrong perception of the state of things, hence I don't think it's a good opinon.
Image Image Image
Belgium chrisie
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by chrisie »

:O seems garja and me agree on something, more low res maps please
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »