Great Basin TP Sockets

Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Great Basin TP Sockets

Post by Riotcoke »

The tp sockets on great basin are bs, the fact that you can only build two tps on the 4 tp line because two are too close to the enemy tc ruins the map, can this be changed or tp sockets as a whole be placed without the protection of the tc.
Attachments
Great Basin TP line.png

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Re: Great Basin TP Sockets

Post by edeholland »

Moved thread to ESOC Patch Discussion > ESOC Maps Discussion.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Thanks.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

How do you want it to be changed.
Image Image Image
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

I don't like losing to sheckler either :cry:
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Garja wrote:How do you want it to be changed.

Have the tp i've highlighted not included in the tc radius, it makes it so you can basically only take 2 tps on a 4 tp map.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Which may be intended.
Image Image Image
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

How is that good map design though, control of the middle of the map should benefit you with that tp socket, rather than some fake boundary stopping you.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I don't see what's wrong with being able to take only 2 TPs on that line. It's just the way the map is, you can grab a couple TPs, but not really stagecoach most of the time. After all, it's exactly the same on Florida.
The only problem I have with this TP line is that it's not consistent, sometimes you can grab 2 TPs and sometimes 3. That sucks because in a tournament game, you green up without knowing whether you will be able to really stagecoach or not. Same applies to Florida, and Hudson to some extent.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Kaiserklein wrote:I don't see what's wrong with being able to take only 2 TPs on that line. It's just the way the map is, you can grab a couple TPs, but not really stagecoach most of the time. After all, it's exactly the same on Florida.
The only problem I have with this TP line is that it's not consistent, sometimes you can grab 2 TPs and sometimes 3. That sucks because in a tournament game, you green up without knowing whether you will be able to really stagecoach or not. Same applies to Florida, and Hudson to some extent.

I don't understand how you can think it's good design though, in base tp sockets are bad but still plausible to why they're protected, but that one is actually just retarded it's denying you something in a completely arbitrary way

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: danielek

Post by TheNameDaniel »

Can we just remove the tc build restriction radius, I want to me able to wall my enemy with markets and place tc's nearby.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

For the record Florida is 95% only 2 TPs. Great Basin is something like always 3 from one side and about 70% 3 from the other side.
Image Image Image
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

So that's a massive imbalance, why have it be pot luck if you get a good spawn for a stagecoach civ?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Because the socket decides itself to spawn left or right of the route.
Image Image Image
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

Riotcoke wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:I don't see what's wrong with being able to take only 2 TPs on that line. It's just the way the map is, you can grab a couple TPs, but not really stagecoach most of the time. After all, it's exactly the same on Florida.

I don't understand how you can think it's good design though, in base tp sockets are bad but still plausible to why they're protected, but that one is actually just retarded it's denying you something in a completely arbitrary way

I am also not a fan of these type of maps. TP line interaction is one of the best parts of the current meta, and this seems to hinder it.
mad cuz bad
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Let's not raise useless discussions. Some maps you can take all, some maps you can only take some. It's intended and it's the same on RE patch.
The only thing here is that one TP is a bit random because it's borderline with the TC range. Moving it completely outside of the TC range means that the TP middle TPs would be too close to each other and the route assymetrical. So either accept it is this way or just remove the map.
Image Image Image
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Can you not reduce the tc range slightly or is it static?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Riotcoke wrote:I don't understand how you can think it's good design though, in base tp sockets are bad but still plausible to why they're protected, but that one is actually just retarded it's denying you something in a completely arbitrary way

The tc radius is always arbitrary, I don't understand your point? This map is arbitrarily designed to allow you to grab only 2 TPs, and I can't understand what's wrong with that. Also why are in base sockets bad? You're simply being biased tbh.

We already have plenty of maps where you can stagecoach.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

No i'm not being biased, why should you not be able to build a tp that's basically mid map especially when your opponent can grab yours and have 3 tps while you can only have two, that's fucking dreadful balance.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

90% of times having one TP more than the opponent isn't even relevant.
Image Image Image
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

Heaven forbid you have a map that forces you to play slightly differently than other 4 tp maps.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Riotcoke wrote:No i'm not being biased, why should you not be able to build a tp that's basically mid map especially when your opponent can grab yours and have 3 tps while you can only have two, that's fucking dreadful balance.

You shouldn't be able to build it because it's the way the map is? What is the actual argument behind saying you "should" be able to build it? What makes it bad, I don't get it. Not all maps are meant to have stagecoach potential, having 2 regular tps each is also a thing.

The fact that one of the tps is sometimes takeable and sometimes isn't is definitely an issue, but that's another story. If that's fixed, the tp line is just fine.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

It's like asking why there are no extra tp's in the map so you can grab more while controlling the middle, well; it's just the way it is. but i aggree game should be less random regarding tp's. its like having one less mine.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

About the topic:
- I don't see why being able to only build 2 TPs out of 4 brings any issue. It actually provides a different feature from other ESOC maps which results to different strategical decisions. For instance, map control is a bit less important on middle map, so that might be eventually more interesting to do a fb on one side of the map to control resources, instead of controlling the trade route.
- As Kaiserklein said, I also dislike that some player can build 3 tps and the other one only two. For instance, ATP builds is totally viable if you can take 3 tps but rather hopeless if you can grab only 2. So I'd rather fix that if possible.

About the form: I can understand your frustration, but usually doing a request works a better if you make it in a nice way: avoiding words like 'bullshit, fucking dreadful balance' would be for the best. Especially being polite with each other in a team has really positive outcomes :flowers:
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Hudson Bay has a real balance issue and it's sad.
It's one of the best maps but sometimes one player can take 4 TPs while the other can only take 2, which sucks.