No Flag umeu
Gendarme

13 Jun 2018, 01:39

zoom wrote:
momuuu wrote:EP Sioux is what you get when you balanced based on a bunch of extremely arbitrary principles that make little sense. It's wonderful isn't it?
You're funny. I'd say it's what you get when you consider RE Bow Riders and economy broken, making Teepees a viable feature in the process.

It's what you get when balancing is done by people who barely play the game and definitely don't play this civ. And on top of that repeatedly ignore those who do one or both of the aforementioned.

Most games last 15 to 20 minutes. Sioux never had an economic problem in this time frame. There was never a need for 5v. There was never a need for karni mata teepees. Especially considering the water overhaul now means water is viable for sioux. 5v was unnecessary but also irrelevant. It doesnt change much. Karni teepees should be moved so their availability isnt immediate. Or they should be removed. Start with that and go from there.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

13 Jun 2018, 01:45

iwillspankyou wrote:
zoom wrote:
momuuu wrote:EP Sioux is what you get when you balanced based on a bunch of extremely arbitrary principles that make little sense. It's wonderful isn't it?
You're funny. I'd say it's what you get when you consider RE Bow Riders and economy broken, making Teepees a viable feature in the process.

you are right, zoi, but I do not agree that BR had to be nerfed- Did not, and will not ever agree to that, untill you make sioux cav compatible to goons. If you do that, I would think the nerf is OK (I guess) :roll: how about that @momuuu :P

Fuck zoom hes a ouece of shit

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

13 Jun 2018, 01:46

zoom wrote:

Its the result of weedspeed and zeroine basicsllly

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
No Flag umeu
Gendarme

13 Jun 2018, 01:51

Garja wrote:Ye the Sioux eco argument is parly overstated. Sioux eco is close to the one of Iros for practical purposes. This means that for the average lenght of a 1v1 game (up to 20 mins at least) they are able to produce as many units as other civs. Sure half of civs outgather them by a fair amount but when considering stuff like: free pop space, better unit shipments, cost efficient units (or rather favorable cost/stats ratio if you prefer) and last but not least almost granted vill raids then the gap is smaller than one generally thinks.
This is why civs like Brits or Japan outscales them badly but they can still win games. Then of course there is a no retunr point where the outscale is just too much but that's another story.

The problem with teepees is that now Sioux get a respectable eco on top of other pre-existent advantages. Also there is clear design issue in the fact that the civ was originally one with the weakest eco (hence requiring damage to stay in the game) while now the eco is basically on par and they don't have to constantly seek for a play anymore.

Yup, sioux like otto and to a certain extent spain and china is an eco is in the army type civ. This means you have to engage carefully and apply pressure constantly and you can't waste units in a way that eco cibs can because you have a harder time replacing them. Eco civs though generally have a harder time winning fights vs these kinda
civs. Winning vs these civs was done in a war of attrition. You lose fights until you win one, and then you replenish faster. Or had atleast, before esoc tried to give 3/4 of these civs some sort of eco option, while nerfing core units for 3/4 as well.

On re sioux needed to raid, and because of the bad maps this was easier, perhaps to easy. On ep i rarely see sioux players raid anymore. Ofc the maps make it harder but theres also no real need to take that risk.
Russia Acolyte
Dragoon

13 Jun 2018, 02:32

:wood:
Great Britain Hazza54321
Jaeger

29 Jun 2018, 08:51

Cant think of a better sioux player apart from callen or goongoon ;)
Diarouga: How exactly am I arrogant

Forum Info

Return to “ESOC Civilizations Discussion”