Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

21 Mar 2019, 02:13

With now I mean in the current meta. People realized that you don't need to strictly match the age up times of civs like fre/ger/iro (traditionally decent countercivs), nor that you need to strictly match the army composition (skirm+goon).
It took a while because buying time isn't exactly an immediate asset to think of but with experience it becomes more evident.
Anyway it's not like they win everyime with that but having good eco+strong musk is just the quintessence of opness in aoe3 (look at how dominant japs and brits have been in past) so it is always a latent asset that India has, and other civs have a limited number of ways to counter it.
Combine it with other ways of playing the civ and it's easy to see why it's so strong.
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Top 8

21 Mar 2019, 06:09

Yea, India is easy in the current meta because you can just spam sepoys+urumis. That's easy to do, however a good player is going to beat it.
"dia abused the explorer really well I'm impressed"
Bran6new
Germany amiggo1999
Dragoon
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

21 Mar 2019, 08:27

India has become the type of civ that you can blame each game for having lost against, even when you did the wrong strat.
Vietnam Hazza54321
Gendarme
NWC LAN Top 8Donator 01

16 May 2019, 18:41

can we actually remove ceasefire
VeniVidiVici_W: lol bwinner, i dont need anyone to carry me to win vs you with your noobplay
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Top 8

16 May 2019, 19:00

Hazza54321 wrote:can we actually remove ceasefire

Yea, it doesn't make sense to have that kind of stuff in a RTS game.
"dia abused the explorer really well I'm impressed"
Bran6new
Vietnam Hazza54321
Gendarme
NWC LAN Top 8Donator 01

16 May 2019, 19:22

i posted this even before that shitshow
VeniVidiVici_W: lol bwinner, i dont need anyone to carry me to win vs you with your noobplay
Gibraltar Riotcoke
Musketeer
ESO: dutchrenegrade

16 May 2019, 19:28

Maybe don't remove it, but make it really short, otherwise the wonder is sort of useless
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTNWC LAN Top 8Donator 03
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

16 May 2019, 20:45

Making it short isn't necessarily a nerf. You can't always chase someone for a full 20 seconds, as oftentimes the last efw seconds is just enough time for the opponent to get a better position in a choke point or escape etc. Making it short means you can flank and call it instantly and in the brief period your opponent has much less time to react.

I think making it longer would be more of a nerf to aggressive ceasefire (more time to construct gates to avoid the melee units for example), and a buff to defensive ceasefire.

In general though it's very difficult to predict whether increasing or decreasing the duration of ceasefire would have the intended effects simply because it's very situational and differs from game to game.

Personally though I don't have any big problems with ceasefire.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

16 May 2019, 21:03

Mitoe wrote:Making it short isn't necessarily a nerf. You can't always chase someone for a full 20 seconds, as oftentimes the last efw seconds is just enough time for the opponent to get a better position in a choke point or escape etc. Making it short means you can flank and call it instantly and in the brief period your opponent has much less time to react.

I think making it longer would be more of a nerf to aggressive ceasefire (more time to construct gates to avoid the melee units for example), and a buff to defensive ceasefire.

In general though it's very difficult to predict whether increasing or decreasing the duration of ceasefire would have the intended effects simply because it's very situational and differs from game to game.

Personally though I don't have any big problems with ceasefire.

Yes that's actually a pretty funny but valid point. Making the cease fire last longer could be more of a nerf than making it shorter. :lol:
No Flag uberjz
Crossbow
ESO: uberjz

16 May 2019, 21:41

imagine a 5 minute ceasefire rofl

Forum Info

Return to “ESOC Civilizations Discussion”