User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 7195
ESO: Garja

21 Mar 2019, 02:13

With now I mean in the current meta. People realized that you don't need to strictly match the age up times of civs like fre/ger/iro (traditionally decent countercivs), nor that you need to strictly match the army composition (skirm+goon).
It took a while because buying time isn't exactly an immediate asset to think of but with experience it becomes more evident.
Anyway it's not like they win everyime with that but having good eco+strong musk is just the quintessence of opness in aoe3 (look at how dominant japs and brits have been in past) so it is always a latent asset that India has, and other civs have a limited number of ways to counter it.
Combine it with other ways of playing the civ and it's easy to see why it's so strong.
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 8560
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

21 Mar 2019, 06:09

Yea, India is easy in the current meta because you can just spam sepoys+urumis. That's easy to do, however a good player is going to beat it.
"dia abused the explorer really well I'm impressed"
Bran6new
Germany amiggo1999
Dragoon
Donator 01
Posts: 237
ESO: miggo1999
Location: Hannover

21 Mar 2019, 08:27

India has become the type of civ that you can blame each game for having lost against, even when you did the wrong strat.
Vietnam Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01
Posts: 5731

16 May 2019, 18:41

can we actually remove ceasefire
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 8560
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

16 May 2019, 19:00

Hazza54321 wrote:can we actually remove ceasefire

Yea, it doesn't make sense to have that kind of stuff in a RTS game.
"dia abused the explorer really well I'm impressed"
Bran6new
Vietnam Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01
Posts: 5731

16 May 2019, 19:22

i posted this even before that shitshow
User avatar
Isle of Man Riotcoke
Lancer
Posts: 580
ESO: Riotcoke

16 May 2019, 19:28

Maybe don't remove it, but make it really short, otherwise the wonder is sort of useless
ImageImage
User avatar
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTNWC LAN Top 8Donator 03
Posts: 3868
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

16 May 2019, 20:45

Making it short isn't necessarily a nerf. You can't always chase someone for a full 20 seconds, as oftentimes the last efw seconds is just enough time for the opponent to get a better position in a choke point or escape etc. Making it short means you can flank and call it instantly and in the brief period your opponent has much less time to react.

I think making it longer would be more of a nerf to aggressive ceasefire (more time to construct gates to avoid the melee units for example), and a buff to defensive ceasefire.

In general though it's very difficult to predict whether increasing or decreasing the duration of ceasefire would have the intended effects simply because it's very situational and differs from game to game.

Personally though I don't have any big problems with ceasefire.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor
Posts: 1677

16 May 2019, 21:03

Mitoe wrote:Making it short isn't necessarily a nerf. You can't always chase someone for a full 20 seconds, as oftentimes the last efw seconds is just enough time for the opponent to get a better position in a choke point or escape etc. Making it short means you can flank and call it instantly and in the brief period your opponent has much less time to react.

I think making it longer would be more of a nerf to aggressive ceasefire (more time to construct gates to avoid the melee units for example), and a buff to defensive ceasefire.

In general though it's very difficult to predict whether increasing or decreasing the duration of ceasefire would have the intended effects simply because it's very situational and differs from game to game.

Personally though I don't have any big problems with ceasefire.


Yes that's actually a pretty funny but valid point. Making the cease fire last longer could be more of a nerf than making it shorter. :lol:
No Flag uberjz
Musketeer
Posts: 54
ESO: uberjz

16 May 2019, 21:41

imagine a 5 minute ceasefire rofl
User avatar
Finland somppukunkku
Jaeger
Donator 02
Posts: 2324

15 Jul 2019, 16:28

I think two options:

1) Don't change anything
2) "Nerf" meme (by making it longer) but buff indian cav. Otherwise this civ sux ass without being a full goon-skirm bot.
Image
Image
Image
Image
When I win, it's with homo, illegal and wrong strats.
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 8560
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

16 Jul 2019, 11:07

We had a discussion about cease fire at the LAN. I think that the best way to fix it is to allow the military units to attack the other military units, but not the villagers/buildings. That way you can defend a raid, or save a building (TC/agra), which is good but going in with cease fire is broken lol.

After this change, you'd have to go skirm/goon as India but I guess that's fine. Maybe we could buff mahouts, I don't know.
"dia abused the explorer really well I'm impressed"
Bran6new
Vietnam Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01
Posts: 5731

16 Jul 2019, 11:17

I think making the time shorter would be a great nerf. It means they need to commit earlier to get in a good position therefore losing more units in the process. However i would just remove it
User avatar
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor
Posts: 7156

16 Jul 2019, 11:20

[Armag] diarouga wrote:We had a discussion about cease fire at the LAN. I think that the best way to fix it is to allow the military units to attack the other military units, but not the villagers/buildings. That way you can defend a raid, or save a building (TC/agra), which is good but going in with cease fire is broken lol.

After this change, you'd have to go skirm/goon as India but I guess that's fine. Maybe we could buff mahouts, I don't know.
This is good. That would make the ability have its intended effect instead of it being used aggressively.
Replacing it entirely is fine too imo
Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
XeeleeFlower wrote:I don't mind open endings as long as the story continues at some point
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 8560
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

16 Jul 2019, 11:23

Hazza54321 wrote:I think making the time shorter would be a great nerf. It means they need to commit earlier to get in a good position therefore losing more units in the process. However i would just remove it

We'd need to make it last like 5 sec then. Even 10 sec is too long imo.
"dia abused the explorer really well I'm impressed"
Bran6new
Austria Jerimuno
Dragoon
Posts: 437
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

16 Jul 2019, 11:26

Just 5 seconds would be ideal imo. That would also make it have it's what i believe intended effect as in a one time emergency button in case you have 20 opri in your base and didn't notice early enough etc, instead of having an aggressive option
User avatar
Italy gamevideo113
Lancer
Posts: 831
ESO: gamevideo113

16 Jul 2019, 11:32

5 seconds won't do anything if you have 20 opris in your base. Nerfing it to 5 seconds makes the aggressive use of it fine, but it makes the defensive use of it pretty much pointless

How about making it significantly reduce the attack of units on the map, to like 1/5 of their actual attack, but still allow them to attack? Also increase the time to 20 seconds maybe. So that the defensive option is still somewhat there, but if you use it aggressively you'll still be targetable by the enemy and at least you won't be able to bump your army into his for 100% free. idk
Eat pasta, run fasta :love:
Austria Jerimuno
Dragoon
Posts: 437
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

16 Jul 2019, 11:37

why? its just meant to prevent a vil loss if you dont pay attention for a sec, 5 secs is enough to put vils in tc and task zambs to your base which is fine as a defensive cease fire
User avatar
Italy gamevideo113
Lancer
Posts: 831
ESO: gamevideo113

16 Jul 2019, 11:39

Jerimuno wrote:why? its just meant to prevent a vil loss if you dont pay attention for a sec, 5 secs is enough to put vils in tc and task zambs to your base which is fine as a defensive cease fire

Hmm yeah i guess it could work.
Eat pasta, run fasta :love:
User avatar
India _RDX_
Lancer
Posts: 625
ESO: _RDX_

16 Jul 2019, 11:45

Goodspeed wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:We had a discussion about cease fire at the LAN. I think that the best way to fix it is to allow the military units to attack the other military units, but not the villagers/buildings. That way you can defend a raid, or save a building (TC/agra), which is good but going in with cease fire is broken lol.

After this change, you'd have to go skirm/goon as India but I guess that's fine. Maybe we could buff mahouts, I don't know.
This is good. That would make the ability have its intended effect instead of it being used aggressively.
Replacing it entirely is fine too imo

Lol, this is entirely messing up with the game mechanics. 'Cease fire' is literally meant to stop the fighting between the soldiers. If you replace it with what diarouga said, the civ is losing an unique ability. Why don't you nerf/change the ability of wonders like Golden Pavilion or Porcelain Tower? They will lose their significance if you do, It is the same for Taj Mahal. It is better to nerf units that are being abused during the cease fire and the best is to leave India as they are now.
User avatar
Sweden tabben
Dragoon
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
Posts: 431
ESO: tabben

16 Jul 2019, 11:48

Jerimuno wrote:Just 5 seconds would be ideal imo. That would also make it have it's what i believe intended effect as in a one time emergency button in case you have 20 opri in your base and didn't notice early enough etc, instead of having an aggressive option
Hazza54321 wrote:I think making the time shorter would be a great nerf. It means they need to commit earlier to get in a good position therefore losing more units in the process. However i would just remove it

As said before, shorter duration wouldn't necessarily be a nerf. Even 5-10 seconds can be enough to quickly get on top of your opponent's cannons. And with so short duration you don't have time to either pull-trick your cannons away to safety, or throw down some walls with a gate to escape through. Also like @gamevideo113 said, a short cease fire makes the ability too weak when used defensively.
https://www.twitch.tv/garjaaoe3

Image

*Jeri lames a forward agra vill with nootka*
ramex19 (veni): such nooby shit i will lame you with nats forever
User avatar
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor
Posts: 7156

16 Jul 2019, 11:58

_RDX_ wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:We had a discussion about cease fire at the LAN. I think that the best way to fix it is to allow the military units to attack the other military units, but not the villagers/buildings. That way you can defend a raid, or save a building (TC/agra), which is good but going in with cease fire is broken lol.

After this change, you'd have to go skirm/goon as India but I guess that's fine. Maybe we could buff mahouts, I don't know.
This is good. That would make the ability have its intended effect instead of it being used aggressively.
Replacing it entirely is fine too imo

Lol, this is entirely messing up with the game mechanics. 'Cease fire' is literally meant to stop the fighting between the soldiers. If you replace it with what diarouga said, the civ is losing an unique ability. Why don't you nerf/change the ability of wonders like Golden Pavilion or Porcelain Tower? They will lose their significance if you do, It is the same for Taj Mahal. It is better to nerf units that are being abused during the cease fire and the best is to leave India as they are now.
You say cease fire is meant to stop fighting but it's actually used to initiate fighting, so it doesn't make sense in its current state either. The game mechanic is broken so you either need to mess with it or replace it. Shortening the duration into insignificance shouldn't be an option because you might as well replace it then.

Is it possible to make all military units retreat to their nearest town center for the duration of the ability?
Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
XeeleeFlower wrote:I don't mind open endings as long as the story continues at some point
User avatar
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 3048
ESO: n0eL

16 Jul 2019, 12:02

Isn’t the issue Sepoy/Urumi and not cease fire? You wouldn’t use the ability offensively if you didn’t have the urumi to jam in on top of everything. I don’t see anyone using ceasefire to get their Gurkha Zam offensive set up. Seems like changing cease fire is attacking the wrong part of the problem.
User avatar
Finland somppukunkku
Jaeger
Donator 02
Posts: 2324

16 Jul 2019, 12:06

First of all, before we think about all possible somali-style nerfs, I would like to bring this famous quote to the table.

Garja wrote:they re fine, l2p
Image
Image
Image
Image
When I win, it's with homo, illegal and wrong strats.
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 8560
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

16 Jul 2019, 12:45

Goodspeed wrote:
_RDX_ wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Lol, this is entirely messing up with the game mechanics. 'Cease fire' is literally meant to stop the fighting between the soldiers. If you replace it with what diarouga said, the civ is losing an unique ability. Why don't you nerf/change the ability of wonders like Golden Pavilion or Porcelain Tower? They will lose their significance if you do, It is the same for Taj Mahal. It is better to nerf units that are being abused during the cease fire and the best is to leave India as they are now.
You say cease fire is meant to stop fighting but it's actually used to initiate fighting, so it doesn't make sense in its current state either. The game mechanic is broken so you either need to mess with it or replace it. Shortening the duration into insignificance shouldn't be an option because you might as well replace it then.

Is it possible to make all military units retreat to their nearest town center for the duration of the ability?

That would make sense but the issue is that you could get your opponent how of position, that's a bit lame.
"dia abused the explorer really well I'm impressed"
Bran6new

Forum Info