Ottomans Discussion Thread

Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Re: Ottomans Discussion Thread

Post by dansil92 »

Mitoe wrote:I had an idea today

What if we made the mosque 50w and gave it a built limit of 10? I think if we do this and give it an aura that increases unit hp by like 10% or something, and villager gather rate by 3%, we could balance Otto super easily.
It definitely needs to keep the xp trickle too, we don't want to overnerf it on non-tp maps
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

What if we buffed Mosque build-limit from 1 to 2?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Please
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

zoom wrote:What if we buffed Mosque build-limit from 1 to 2?
Yeah and make spahis available in mosque

France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

EP8.0 note for ottomans:
Bug fix:
-fixed a bug that allowed ottomans to train villagers for free slowly, gave them cdb instead
-fix a bug where abus where trained in foundry instead of rax
-fix a bug that abus ignore range resist

Balance change
-abus only in age 3 with same stats/cost like skirms now
-removed br and make goons available for ottomans instead
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re:

Post by princeofcarthage »

Lecastete wrote:
Yeah and make spahis available in mosque
Good Idea, Like Spahis the defender of the faith kinda stuff
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

I have a different idea about that.
Make mosque cost 200w and xp trickle to 1.0. Also give them a tech in col for 100f 100w that double the trickle.
And a tech in fortress and industrial on same lines, double cost, and double xp.
And also give infinite spahi in age 4, I think it would be an interesting dynamic.
#trainableSpahi
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

aqwer wrote:
I have a different idea about that.
Make mosque cost 200w and xp trickle to 1.0. Also give them a tech in col for 100f 100w that double the trickle.
And a tech in fortress and industrial on same lines, double cost, and double xp.
And also give infinite spahi in age 4, I think it would be an interesting dynamic.
also trainable spahi in age 4
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Ceterum censeo, Spahinem esse trainendam.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

abus1.PNG
This is from protoy.xml. You can see the "damage cap" circled.
It suggests that abus guns ought to have "area of effect" with their ranged attack. Which is entirely logical because every unit that has siege type ranged damage has AoE e.g. cannons, siege elephants, warships, grenadiers etc.
I suggest that it should be available through a hc card that gives 1 AoE and +2 range.
#trainableSpahi
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Abus used to have AoE damage. They were extremely broken with it.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Maybe on nilla but on tad it should be tested. With late game spam of yumis and other RI, abus are useless bcz min range and high overkill. It is one way to make them usefull.

P.S. It would have AoE by default which could be hard for some civs in early game but in late it is totally fine bcz you can make artillery and abus do less damage to artillery on EP.
#trainableSpahi
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

aqwer wrote:Maybe on nilla but on tad it should be tested. With late game spam of yumis and other RI, abus are useless bcz min range and high overkill. It is one way to make them usefull.
Abus already have +2 range (which is a joke honestly because some civs just can't counter abus in late game), that's enough xD.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
aqwer wrote:Maybe on nilla but on tad it should be tested. With late game spam of yumis and other RI, abus are useless bcz min range and high overkill. It is one way to make them usefull.
Abus already have +2 range (which is a joke honestly because some civs just can't counter abus in late game), that's enough xD.
You are so bised. In 1v1 , it is rarely happens that game reach that point. But in team games, the team with otto almost always lose in late game if their opponents play correctly. If abus gun are that strong in late game, why ppl are not making them exclusively? Abus gun are indeed a joke in late game, bcz they can't even counter strelet spam , a unit about 1/4 to 1/3 their strength. :uglylol:
#trainableSpahi
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

aqwer wrote: Abus gun are indeed a joke in late game, bcz they can't even counter strelet spam , a unit about 1/4 to 1/3 their strength. :uglylol:
Their are not so many unit who can counter strelet spam in late game.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

aqwer wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
You are so bised. In 1v1 , it is rarely happens that game reach that point. But in team games, the team with otto almost always lose in late game if their opponents play correctly. If abus gun are that strong in late game, why ppl are not making them exclusively? Abus gun are indeed a joke in late game, bcz they can't even counter strelet spam , a unit about 1/4 to 1/3 their strength. :uglylol:
In team game, the otto team just wins in most MUs if he can reach late game with a good eco.
The issue is that Otto will often either win the game in colonial because their early colo is insane, or lose in fortress because their eco is too shit.
I'm not even sure strelets beat abus with a good kiting in late game by the way but you can just go artillery against strels and use the abus to snipe the goons and culvs coz they're great at it.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

aqwer wrote:You are so bised.
The irony. Kindly stfu.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
aqwer wrote:
Show hidden quotes
In team game, the otto team just wins in most MUs if he can reach late game with a good eco.
The issue is that Otto will often either win the game in colonial because their early colo is insane, or lose in fortress because their eco is too shit.
I'm not even sure strelets beat abus with a good kiting in late game by the way but you can just go artillery against strels and use the abus to snipe the goons and culvs coz they're great at it.
Any data to support your claim that otto team just wins most mus in late game? What I have watched on stream and on ladder tells a different story.
Artillery loses to culv and importantly mass RC. Abus gun aren't effective against RC, you should know and they do even less damage to artillery.
#trainableSpahi
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

I don't really like the changes overall cuz we are just turning abus guns into skirmisher and still only nerfed age 3 while I think abus were shinning more in age 2, but I guess that might be balanced now with the art fundry cost change tbf.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Did not play the patch recently, but isn't it the abus gun, among all skirmishers, which is best suited to fight strelet spam?
High base dmg, no resistance, longer range. Sound advantageous.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

aqwer wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Any data to support your claim that otto team just wins most mus in late game? What I have watched on stream and on ladder tells a different story.
Artillery loses to culv and importantly mass RC. Abus gun aren't effective against RC, you should know and they do even less damage to artillery.
I have no data, just experience. And I can tell that if you let otto get a big abus mass in age 4, it feels impossible to stop it.
And you're wrong about culvs and RC, abus kill it no problem.
No Flag juhjuh
Musketeer
ESO: MIstress_Shy

Post by juhjuh »

Always when i try to to kill abus with range cav i see one dead abus and 5 dead goons
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Yea, because abus counter goons.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
aqwer wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I have no data, just experience. And I can tell that if you let otto get a big abus mass in age 4, it feels impossible to stop it.
And you're wrong about culvs and RC, abus kill it no problem.
Late game RC kills abus effectively, especially WW, brit port goons.
#trainableSpahi
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Yea, because abus counter goons.
Abus gun do x0.75 vs RC so they are not counter of RC.
#trainableSpahi