Portuguese Discussion Thread

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: Portuguese Discussion Thread

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

gamevideo113 wrote:This is something i think we could be working on, moving the shipment to age2 or age1.
-Trade route upgrades are free and researched instantly (age1)? As an alternative to ATP. I don't think this is what posts need tho. Just throwing ideas in. I think what actually needs to be touched is cassa and organs.

That would still be bad tbh. Anyway, Port is fine on ATP maps, we don't need to buff them there.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

What if the card was moved to age1 and gave xp crates?
Ports would get a bice boost in early colonial but nothing more than that. And it wouldn't affect water play because ports want to send schooners first on water maps.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Cassa with 3.5 RoF are okish i guess (i'd still prefer standard RoF of 3 tbh), but anyway they still need a buff like +10HP imo
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

House of Braganca - Moved from the Fortress Age to the Discovery Age
Effect: Trading Route upgrades are free and market upgrades are 60% cheaper

Why this change could be desirable:
-It helps the portuguese early game, which is poor (you would save 300 res when getting HD, ST and PM)
-It doesn't improve the scaling of ports because later in the game other civs will have market techs as well
-It doesn't affect fishing builds
-It's an option, doesn't necessarily change the whole civ
-Ports now have a decent 1st card to send on no-tp maps (also no-ATP and no-water)
-The concept of the card is still the same: saving resources on upgrades. No funky stuff which some players don't like
-Ports need a buff
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Mitoe wrote:Portuguese "Berry and hunting gather-rates increased by 5%" also just doesn't make sense to me. It seems like a bit much considering just how many changes they received, and given just how strong they were with a very similar change on ASFP.
Feedback indicates that the civilization would be underpowered without such a general buff. It would be great, if reverting it proves desirable!
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I'm quite sure ports are still an average civ but The Germany lobby is very strong and influential that they will keep crying FOREVER UNTIL THEY ARE SURE GERMANY IS FAR BETTER THAN ANY CIV
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

So ports were buffed and ger was nerfed and that's your conclusion?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

deleted_user wrote:I'm quite sure ports are still an average civ but The Germany lobby is very strong and influential that they will keep crying FOREVER UNTIL THEY ARE SURE GERMANY IS FAR BETTER THAN ANY CIV
Very compelling. I'm afraid and confused and incorrectly place a larger value on the past, and so I will latch onto you because you are loud which makes you strong and easy to follow to pretend I can go back to how things were.
France louis293
Musketeer
ESO: obelix293

Post by louis293 »

hello i have a small question, does port still have the bonus gather rate ? And when you up the hunt gather rate (hunting dog, steel trap spice trade etc..) does it scales on normal settler gather rate or on the bonus one ? Thanks in advacne !
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

From the game files:

Code: Select all

<tech name="Age0Portuguese" type="Normal">
<dbid>236</dbid>
<status>UNOBTAINABLE</status>
<flag>Shadow</flag>
<effects>

<!-- ... -->

<effect type="Data" action="Gather" amount="1.05" subtype="WorkRate" unittype="Huntable" relativity="BasePercent">
<target type="ProtoUnit">AbstractVillager</target>
</effect>
<effect type="Data" action="Gather" amount="1.05" subtype="WorkRate" unittype="AbstractBerryBush" relativity="BasePercent">
</effect>
<effect type="Data" action="Gather" amount="1.05" subtype="WorkRate" unittype="deTorpBush2" relativity="BasePercent">
</effect>
They gather both hunts and berries 5% faster. Scaling is still based on the normal base rate.
France louis293
Musketeer
ESO: obelix293

Post by louis293 »

thanks a lot @musketeer925