Abus Gun Design

Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Abus Gun Design

Post by aqwer »

abus1.PNG
This is from "protoy.xml". You can clearly see the damage cap for abus gun circled in red.
It suggests that abus guns ought to have "area of effect" with their ranged attack. Which is entirely logical because every unit that has siege type ranged damage has AoE e.g. cannons, siege elephants, warships, grenadiers etc.
It maybe a bit problematic on vanilla because abus gun has x2.0 bonus against infantry ( so does other ranged infantry i.e. skirms, lb, cassadors, etc) but on tad it is totally different thing. Abus gun only has bonus against HI, and they are not very good at late stages of the game. So, I thin abus gun should have "AoE" just like any other unit with "siege type" ranged attack. Which may become helpful for otto late game because otto have terrible late game units.

I suggest that it should be available through a hc card that gives 1 AoE and +2 range. Which will satisfy most people not happy with associating +1 range with vet and guard techs.
#trainableSpahi
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Re: Abus Gun Design

Post by Kawapasaka »

just give the man his trainable spahis already he's never going to stop
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Kawapasaka wrote:just give the man his trainable spahis already he's never going to stop
:mrgreen: Its not for me but for the community.
#trainableSpahi
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

aqwer wrote:
Kawapasaka wrote:just give the man his trainable spahis already he's never going to stop
:mrgreen: Its not for me but for the community.
a true man of the people! give him what he wants!
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Trainable spahi + abus gun with area dammage, next step, cavalery abus gun with 750 base hp, 40 atta 20 ranges instant shot and 3 area damage, trainable for 280f, ofc.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

Please tell me that he is joking
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

next he will want otto villagers to be trainable too
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

aligator92 wrote:Please tell me that he is joking
He's not unfortunately.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Abus gun did have area damage in the first iterations of the game. There is a reason if it was removed...
Image Image Image
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Give great bombard 7.5 speed, 2000 attack and 30 area of effect
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Why not trainable Spahi that attack at range with an AoE abus attack and in melee with their current splash damage? Probably available in colonial age bc otto huss are nothing special
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Make abus guns train spahis.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Maybe just maybe adding an aoe splash with the imperial upgrade MAYBE could be ok. But plz, no. Dont do this to otto...
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

As Garja said, this line is only there because area damage was removed at some point, for obvious reasons. You can find other remnants of removed features in the game files if you know where to look.

Abus guns are literally the strongest unit the Ottomans have. They have 40 bombard damage in colonial for the prize of 1.5 skirmishers. That's ridiculous. If there's one unit in the game that doesn't need a buff it's the abus gun.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Garja wrote:Abus gun did have area damage in the first iterations of the game. There is a reason if it was removed...
That is what I am talking about. As you should know that on vanilla abus gun have x2.0 vs inf and no penalty against cav, they might be very strong at that point. But on tad, it is totally different, abus have x1.5 against HI and x0.5 vs cav, it could be tested.
Edit: Also x0.5 against art on EP.
#trainableSpahi
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

aqwer wrote:
Garja wrote:Abus gun did have area damage in the first iterations of the game. There is a reason if it was removed...
That is what I am talking about. As you should know that on vanilla abus gun have x2.0 vs inf and no penalty against cav, they might be very strong at that point. But on tad, it is totally different, abus have x1.5 against HI and x0.5 vs cav, it could be tested.
You're right, abus guns were stronger on vanilla. Do you think that maybe they were nerfed on TAD, because they were too strong on vanilla?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

As far as I know abus guns have nerfed several times before reaching the current state (like 5 times lol). And they are still too good.
Image Image Image
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
aqwer wrote:
You're right, abus guns were stronger on vanilla. Do you think that maybe they were nerfed on TAD, because they were too strong on vanilla?
Why didn't they release a patch for vanilla and nerfed it on vanilla too? Makes no sense to leave a game unbalanced if you realize it. esocEPLogic
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
aqwer wrote:
Vanilla has a different approach, every ranged inf has bonus against inf and no penalty against cav ( skirm, cass, abus), even mass lb are a nightmare. But tad had changed it, so we might try again the "AoE", bcz it makes sense design wise.
Edit: Abus gun are not particularly nerfed on tad, just RI bonus adjusted in general.
#trainableSpahi
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

aqwer is the biggest troll in ESOC, not even close.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Garja wrote:As far as I know abus guns have nerfed several times before reaching the current state (like 5 times lol). And they are still too good.
Sure, but i am arguing for design logic, it could be tested.
#trainableSpahi
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:aqwer is the biggest troll in ESOC, not even close.
So disappointing @[Armag] diarouga ; having position discussions about aoe3 is trolling?
#trainableSpahi
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

aqwer wrote:
Garja wrote:As far as I know abus guns have nerfed several times before reaching the current state (like 5 times lol). And they are still too good.
Sure, but i am arguing for design logic, it could be tested.
This is exactly why top players shoud lead the EP. Because balance comes before design.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

aqwer wrote:
So disappointing @[Armag] diarouga ; having position discussions about aoe3 is trolling?
Suggesting that abus should have area damage without getting nerfed is trolling. If you give them area damage, then you should divide their attack by like 2.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
aqwer wrote:
Suggesting that abus should have area damage without getting nerfed is trolling. If you give them area damage, then you should divide their attack by like 2.
Not at all, the damage cap of 80 suggest that it should be 40 base attack. Btw 1AoE is not that big of a deal, samurai have that do and see how op they are.
#trainableSpahi