Japanese Horse Artillery and/or Gatling Guns Discussion Thread

Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Japanese Horse Artillery and/or Gatling Guns Discussion Thread

Post by Jotunir »

I had this idea that I wanted to discuss on the "Japanese Discussion Thread" before but I thought it was better if I made a separate thread, just to be more specific on the matter.

What if, by researching Meiji Restoration at the consulate, you can train horse artillery and/or Gatling guns at the castle? since Meiji Restoration costs 4000 export and you lose a wonder in the process it seems like a fair trade. It would make the upgrade kind of like a toned down revolution.

I know most games do not reach to that age but still it seems reasonably balanced given the price you are paying (4000 export is no joke). It would make Meiji Restoration a little less useless and actually an interesting alternative to just aging normally as it was supposed to be in the first place.

It would also be historically correct, it's not like we are giving cannons to the Aztecs :lol:

I would like to know your opinions.
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Re: Japanese Horse Artillery and/or Gatling Guns Discussion Thread

Post by Aykin Haraka »

we don't need that kind of change sorry
pls no
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

Please remember that 4k Export is not that unreachable for japs with the card that exchanges ur coin for export. Still it prob wouldnt matter too much outside of treaty...
Btw about hist accuracy. Prussia had the finest line inf (musk) in the 18th century. They were also drilled to fire considerably more volleys/minute then their counterparts from other parts of europe. So Design wise pls give germans musks and make their rof 1.5. On the other hand pls dont, implementing hist accuracy into this game breaks it as much as i hate to admit it.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Plantinator wrote:Please remember that 4k Export is not that unreachable for japs with the card that exchanges ur coin for export. Still it prob wouldnt matter too much outside of treaty...
I know it is not game breaking because of the current meta but if strategies can be made around it then it seems like a good idea, a very unorthodox one but it could be interesting to test it nevertheless.
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

Thats true but i dont think buffing japs lategame is desirable rn. Or like ever since i never felt like the army i could get currently in age 4 struggles vs anything (;
Edit: so i guess if u want to have japanese Gatling gun u play wars of liberty
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Plantinator wrote:Btw about hist accuracy. Prussia had the finest line inf (musk) in the 18th century. They were also drilled to fire considerably more volleys/minute then their counterparts from other parts of europe. So Design wise pls give germans musks and make their rof 1.5. On the other hand pls dont, implementing hist accuracy into this game breaks it as much as i hate to admit it.

Well that is another discussion, not what we are dealing with here. I did not suggest giving musks to the germans.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Plantinator wrote:Thats true but i dont think buffing japs lategame is desirable rn. Or like ever since i never felt like the army i could get currently in age 4 struggles vs anything (;
Edit: so i guess if u want to have japanese Gatling gun u play wars of liberty
It was just an idea that I wanted to discuss. As for the edit, there is no need to use a false dichotomy on me ;) .
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Its unnecessary, imo. They have flaming arrows, can get falconets from the spain consulate if they really want to, and japan can go - coin -> export so its technically quite viable already besides losing a wonder. Imperial costs "1 age iv shipment and some coin"
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

dansil92 wrote:Its unnecessary, imo. They have flaming arrows, can get falconets from the spain consulate if they really want to, and japan can go - coin -> export so its technically quite viable already besides losing a wonder. Imperial costs "1 age iv shipment and some coin"
I have to thank you for explaining in detail, I understand your arguments against it's implementation and they seem legit.
Still, you would have to spend 1 card to do it and you would be left with no coin to produce artillery. Falconets from the Spanish consulate are not the same as trainable horse artillery and/or gatling guns.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Japan doesn't need more options.
Also this tech has been used in a tourney game as it stands.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

harcha wrote:Japan doesn't need more options.
what game ? can you link it pls
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Sargsyan wrote:
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

harcha wrote:
Sargsyan wrote:
What I saw in the video only serves to confirm my view that currently Meiji Restoration is useless and should be buffed to be on par with just aging up. Losing 1 wonder is a huge disadvantage.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

what the video displayed is how superior that build was in tr20 - he sacrificed a wonder to be 40 military pop above the opponent which won the game very quickly. @Jotunir
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

harcha wrote:what the video displayed is how superior that build was in tr20 - he sacrificed a wonder to be 40 military pop above the opponent which won the game very quickly. @Jotunir
I am sorry that I did not specify that my comment was a joke.

Since my idea has already been refuted, I consider, for all practical purposes, this thread to be closed.

Having said that, if anyone wants to add jokes about japanese horse artillery or trainable Sipahis, they are always welcomed :lol: