Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Re: British Discussion Thread

Post by Riotcoke »

zoom wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Well by design lbs are supposed to be weaker vs HI but stronger vs everything else. They have less multiplier vs HI but more dps overall.

However it's true that lbs and xbows are too underwhelming vs HI compared to CIR skirms. I like the idea of adding a small multiplier vs HI with yeomen, since that card is anyway not super strong to begin with, and it would be an elegant way to buff lbs in mid or late game (they also happen to have no upgrades). Probably adding 0.25, so that from x1.25 it becomes x1.5.
Please don't compare Crossbowmen to post-Fortress Skirmishers. By design, the unit is intended to become obsolete after the Fortress Age (Industrial Age for Portuguese).

I think making "Guard Longbowmen" researchable by default, instead adding +0.25 Vs Heavy Infantry to Yeomen is an option worth considering. My only reservation is that the shipment is already more than viable, and that I'm not convinced that the change is desirable enough, disregarding popularity.

What about Port xbow after the church card?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Riotcoke wrote:
zoom wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Well by design lbs are supposed to be weaker vs HI but stronger vs everything else. They have less multiplier vs HI but more dps overall.

However it's true that lbs and xbows are too underwhelming vs HI compared to CIR skirms. I like the idea of adding a small multiplier vs HI with yeomen, since that card is anyway not super strong to begin with, and it would be an elegant way to buff lbs in mid or late game (they also happen to have no upgrades). Probably adding 0.25, so that from x1.25 it becomes x1.5.
Please don't compare Crossbowmen to post-Fortress Skirmishers. By design, the unit is intended to become obsolete after the Fortress Age (Industrial Age for Portuguese).

I think making "Guard Longbowmen" researchable by default, instead adding +0.25 Vs Heavy Infantry to Yeomen is an option worth considering. My only reservation is that the shipment is already more than viable, and that I'm not convinced that the change is desirable enough, disregarding popularity.

What about Port xbow after the church card?
Those are designed to become obsolete after the Industrial Age, for Portuguese, as indicated by "(Industrial Age for Portuguese)".
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Fix "Thin Red Line" for Brit
25% speed nerf for a 20% hp boost for all infantry makes no sense at all. Try 10% hp and make it cost a few hundred resources.
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

agreed, it's useless af as of now
Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Useless af like 75% of the church cards, let's stop the unnecessary changes
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

The British church's other techs, skirms and highlanders, are among the most powerful. For example look at germany's, 4k coin for free mercs from shipments is actually useless. Dopp hp increase and 12 dops in industrial is nice but it's not 26 skirms. Tilly's discipline makes your eco worse and is niche in it's use. The only church that beats the British one is the Dutch one i think.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Kaiserklein wrote:Useless af like 75% of the church cards, let's stop the unnecessary changes
Not everybody wants to uhlans skirms 24/7 you know?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Djigit wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Useless af like 75% of the church cards, let's stop the unnecessary changes

"uhlan skirms = germany" is a good way to show that you have no idea what you're talking about :) so please don't try to discuss balance.

Also hf fixing the 100 other useless cards in this game!
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Djigit wrote:

Ep Uhlan Skirm is trash.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Djigit wrote:

"uhlan skirms = germany" is a good way to show that you have no idea what you're talking about :) so please don't try to discuss balance.

Also hf fixing the 100 other useless cards in this game!
Dude, no wonder you're by far the most conventional player of the top 8 with this mindset.
inb4 YeAh bUt i cAn sEmI MeRc tOo
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

To be honest though it wouldn't be fair to fix the church card of brits only. We would have to fix other church cards too and it would be a lot of new changes.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Djigit wrote:Dude, no wonder you're by far the most conventional player of the top 8 with this mindset.

We're trying to balance the game. Not make every card or unit viable. This has been discussed 100 times and if you can't understand it it's your problem.

You can keep going with the ad hominems, it won't change the fact that you're clueless about balance ("give germany a fortress 6 uhlans shipment !!!1). It probably makes you feel smart but it's all it achieves.

Btw, find me a lan tourney game where I went for standard skirm uhlan, genius.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Kaiser has some of the best gamesense, listen to him :)

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

For what it's worth, the British religious freedom shipment ranks among the more viable ones.

I'm definitely trying to make most units relatively viable, though. It's a matter of priorities and not disrupting inter-civ balance, significantly.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

All church techs come with some drawback, usually speed, sometimes unit cost. Either change all of them in block or keep as it is. The decision has to be made in regard of balance mostly and not just for the sake of making the tech/card more viable.
Image Image Image
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Garja wrote:All church techs come with some drawback, usually speed, sometimes unit cost. Either change all of them in block or keep as it is. The decision has to be made in regard of balance mostly and not just for the sake of making the tech/card more viable.

Honestly they're all viable apart from the french one, that's just useless.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Djigit wrote:Dude, no wonder you're by far the most conventional player of the top 8 with this mindset.

We're trying to balance the game. Not make every card or unit viable. This has been discussed 100 times and if you can't understand it it's your problem.

You can keep going with the ad hominems, it won't change the fact that you're clueless about balance ("give germany a fortress 6 uhlans shipment !!!1). It probably makes you feel smart but it's all it achieves.

Btw, find me a lan tourney game where I went for skirm uhlan, genius.
If anything, you are trying to prevent balance (cf. the German thread) by proposing absolutely insignificant nerfs. In what universe 6 uhlans are worse than 4 huss, 7 coyote runners or 5 cossacks?!

How convenient to rely on LAN games when the sample is ridiculous. Why not take into account games played on ESO instead?

People are talking about LB being kind of weak vs HI. That church card may be a solution; not early on okay, but at least it's something.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Riotcoke wrote:
Garja wrote:All church techs come with some drawback, usually speed, sometimes unit cost. Either change all of them in block or keep as it is. The decision has to be made in regard of balance mostly and not just for the sake of making the tech/card more viable.

The french one is actually used relatively often e.g. vs japan
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

gamevideo113 wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:

You have to Fi for it to be good, by the then Japan should have demolished you.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Riotcoke wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

No, ff is enough. Japan doesn't have many tools against 2 falcs and 12 veteran grenadiers, on top of all the rest of the units you're supposed to have with france.
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

gamevideo113 wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:
Show hidden quotes

No, ff is enough. Japan doesn't have many tools against 2 falcs and 12 veteran grenadiers, on top of all the rest of the units you're supposed to have with france.

You have to invest in the card, then invest the food, japan can just make 5 nagi and beat that.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

gamevideo113 wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Initial push should be 12 gren + 4 huss + (3 cuir) and no falcs.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Riotcoke wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

You have to invest in the card, then invest the food, japan can just make 5 nagi and beat that.

If they see it coming. If they don't, they most likely won't even have a stable up.

yemshi wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:No, ff is enough. Japan doesn't have many tools against 2 falcs and 12 veteran grenadiers, on top of all the rest of the units you're supposed to have with france.

Initial push should be 12 gren + 4 huss + (3 cuir) and no falcs.

Yes i didn't remember exactly, but still, that's the follow up. My point was just that it's a legit strat.
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

That's true.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99AYz7JX-zM

As you can see it's used at high level too
In this specific game though fre misplayed by overcommitting. And H2O is H2O :uglylol:
@Riotcoke

We're derailing the thread a bit here though
toxic, Insult, Racism ?