British Discussion Thread

No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Re: British Discussion Thread

Post by Djigit »

zoom wrote:For what it's worth, the British religious freedom shipment ranks among the more viable ones.

I'm definitely trying to make most units relatively viable, though. It's a matter of priorities and not disrupting inter-civ balance, significantly.
That's exactly why I brought that up. The British, Dutch and Russian church cards are the most viable ones, it's not like I'm asking Ports to have the besteiros cost food instead of wood.
I remember you made a poll regarding Westernization a year ago and the majority agreed on reducing its cost. Even Kaiser agreed.
https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?t=14381#p302676

Church cards can be good to indirectly balance civs since you have to send a card then build a church, and not just a multiplier from the beginning. As I said previously, it could be a subtle buff for LB.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

gamevideo113 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99AYz7JX-zM

As you can see it's used at high level too
In this specific game though fre misplayed by overcommitting. And H2O is H2O :uglylol:
@Riotcoke

We're derailing the thread a bit here though

Yeah we should stop, but yeah it can be viable i guess, i still think going with a bigger push that doesn't use the church is better as japan stuggle vs ffs anyway.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Djigit wrote:If anything, you are trying to prevent balance (cf. the German thread) by proposing absolutely insignificant nerfs. In what universe 6 uhlans are worse than 4 huss, 7 coyote runners or 5 cossacks?!

In what universe german unit shipments are supposed to be as good as others? Since they get free uhlans on top of them they're suppose to be better? Do I really have to explain that?? Btw good job comparing to unit shipments no one ever has in their decks!
Ask anyone and they'll tell you 6 uhlans is a ridiculous fortress shipment. 1) I just wouldn't send it and germany would be basically as strong as it is now instead of being weaker 2) It would be 3+3 uhlans which is by far the worst fortress unit shipment in the game
If you're convinced it's balanced it's just shows discussing with you is a huge waste of time because you have no idea what you're talking about. Seriously why do I even have to convince anyone that this is ridiculous??

Djigit wrote:How convenient to rely on LAN games when the sample is ridiculous. Why not take into account games played on ESO instead?

Yeah, you mean these games where I usually go dop/uhlan, tower rush, mercs, and almost never skirm/uhlan? Actually what about you check my elo and realize you're just spreading lies because I play germany less than, say, iro..?

Djigit wrote:People are talking about LB being kind of weak vs HI. That church card may be a solution; not early on okay, but at least it's something.

No? It would buff lbs against everything, including units they already beat, like goons and skirms. Garbage change. And it also happens to buff all infantry anyway so why focus on just lbs..?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Djigit wrote:If anything, you are trying to prevent balance (cf. the German thread) by proposing absolutely insignificant nerfs. In what universe 6 uhlans are worse than 4 huss, 7 coyote runners or 5 cossacks?!

In what universe german unit shipments are supposed to be as good as others? Since they get free uhlans on top of them they're suppose to be better?
But 6 uhlans are in fact better than the shipments I listed above!!! You're so biased, it's insane. Do you even read yourself? Do I really have to explain that?? Btw good job comparing to unit shipments no one ever has in their decks!
Why Germany should enjoy the luxury of having a 8 uhlans shipment in their deck then?
Ask anyone and they'll tell you 6 uhlans is a ridiculous fortress shipment. 1) I just wouldn't send it and germany would be basically as strong as it is now instead of being weaker
I wouldn't send either. But you know what, it's more likely I send 6 uhlans than 7 coyotes or 5 cossacks in age3. 2) It would be 3+3 uhlans which is by far the worst fortress unit shipment in the game
If you're convinced it's balanced it's just shows discussing with you is a huge waste of time because you have no idea what you're talking about. Seriously why do I even have to convince anyone that this is ridiculous??

Djigit wrote:How convenient to rely on LAN games when the sample is ridiculous. Why not take into account games played on ESO instead?

Yeah, you mean these games where I usually go dop/uhlan, tower rush, mercs, and almost never skirm/uhlan? Actually what about you check my elo and realize you're just spreading lies because I play germany less than, say, iro..?
You seem to take the skirm uhlans remark way too much to heart. The only criticism towards you and only you was the fact you're super conventional. Though, you and many others rely on skirm uhlans on ESO as well. Just admit it. It's basically the German version of skirm goon ("bot" as you love to say). It just happens to be a bit too good. And don't bring up the uhlan HP nerf, I also agree it should be reverted.

Djigit wrote:People are talking about LB being kind of weak vs HI. That church card may be a solution; not early on okay, but at least it's something.

No? It would buff lbs against everything, including units they already beat, like goons and skirms. Garbage change. And it also happens to buff all infantry anyway so why focus on just lbs..?
Still a better change than the pseudo-nerfs you propose. You're not even sure people would necessarily send that card to have a 10%hp bonus anyway.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

I'm just not gonna bother discussing tbh. If you can't understand 3 + 3 uhlans is ridiculous when instead you can get, say, 7 skirms + 3 uhlans, you're not worth my time. It's the way the civ works, having a lot of unit shipments with free uhlans, but apparently this is too hard for you to understand.
I'm just gonna wait for these new forums on esoc dedicated to discussing balance, which people like you won't be able to access, so that I can discuss with reasonable people instead of wasting my time educating arrogant clueless pr 25s.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

I think 5 uhlan is fair. Brits and Otto also get 5 cav in age 3. So why should germany get anymore?
Image Image
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Kaiserklein wrote:I'm just not gonna bother discussing tbh. If you can't understand 3 + 3 uhlans is ridiculous when instead you can get, say, 7 skirms + 3 uhlans, you're not worth my time. It's the way the civ works, having a lot of unit shipments with free uhlans, but apparently this is too hard for you to understand.
I'm just gonna wait for these new forums on esoc dedicated to discussing balance, which people like you won't be able to access, so that I can discuss with reasonable people instead of wasting my time educating arrogant clueless pr 25s.
Oh the "you're out of my league" card. Very original, pretty much like your style I'd say.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

amiggo1999 wrote:I think 5 uhlan is fair. Brits and Otto also get 5 cav in age 3. So why should germany get anymore?
Because of their civ bonus? Lol
5 uhlans minus the civ bonus would be worse than every single colonial unit shipment.
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

nonono you lie
Image Image
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Ah you're trolling
I don't think djigit is though?
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Goodspeed wrote:Ah you're trolling
I never trolled in my life :smile:
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

6 uhlans is essentially an age 2 shipment for Germany - one that is already pretty crappy by age 2 German standards.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Djigit wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:I'm just not gonna bother discussing tbh. If you can't understand 3 + 3 uhlans is ridiculous when instead you can get, say, 7 skirms + 3 uhlans, you're not worth my time. It's the way the civ works, having a lot of unit shipments with free uhlans, but apparently this is too hard for you to understand.
Oh the "you're out of my league" card. Very original, pretty much like your style I'd say.

Yeah, I'd gladly have had a real conversation with you instead of pulling that card, but you just happened to use ad hominems since the first time you quoted me. So yeah I do the same. You're garbage at the game and your opinion regarding the game is garbage. That's my top player's opinion which is objectively more relevant than your garbage payer's opinion, when it comes to aoe3. You typing in this thread is just making it harder for people to read actual relevant comments.

Nice conversation, right? Now I stop wasting my time with you in this thread.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Goodspeed wrote:Ah you're trolling

No he isn't XD funny right?
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Ok, fine. I blacklist the word "conventional" from my vocabulary. I reckon it was way too offensive.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Trolling in these threads is actually pointless.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Unusual suggestion:
Replace current jaeger shipments for brits with fortress teched Gurkha shipments. Remove coin cost or reduce to match appropriate shipment value.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

No
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Why?
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

harcha wrote:Why?
It's nice thematically speaking.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

We dont need that kind of stuff really ^^
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Unusual suggestion:
The 1500G jaeger shipment should have a random chance (about 15%) of spawning 4 Garrochistas, 2 falconettes and a missionary.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

This topic is for unusual and weird stuff suggestion?

Unusual suggestion : L'Il bombard have 50% chance of spawning monster truck.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Frenchies so hateful
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Let's give the Chinese monk a random ability to spawn military just by killing enemy units oh wait