British Discussion Thread

Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Re: British Discussion Thread

Post by britishmusketeer »

thebritish wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:
thebritish wrote:Can the brits explorer get moved to discovery age instead of colonial age.
It sucks very much to try new things with brits if they have their explroer in age 2, while other civs have it in age 1.
Also, in nilla 1.0 brits had their explorer card in age 1, so why change it to age 2.

They are not going to change stuff that has zero impact on the game.

it has actually.
Its not fair at all to have it as age 2 card because they have 4 cards for upgrading units, while other civs who have it in age 1, have their upgrades in age 3 and age 4

I mean becuase regardless of what age its in no-one higher ranked than sergeant would ever send it (except aiz when he is trolling)
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Well, on Yukon you can use it as brits to get 200-300 wood treasure, because with that wood you will be able to make manors which will give you the same settlers as if shipped, and also give you more xp for the next shipment
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

britishmusketeer wrote:
thebritish wrote:
Show hidden quotes

it has actually.
Its not fair at all to have it as age 2 card because they have 4 cards for upgrading units, while other civs who have it in age 1, have their upgrades in age 3 and age 4

I mean becuase regardless of what age its in no-one higher ranked than sergeant would ever send it (except aiz when he is trolling)

+1

Useless card, even in age 1. There are far better options if one plans to send two cards in age one, like distributivism or virginia company.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

thebritish wrote:Well, on Yukon you can use it as brits to get 200-300 wood treasure, because with that wood you will be able to make manors which will give you the same settlers as if shipped, and also give you more xp for the next shipment

Then simply send virginia company or distributivisim.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Atomiswave wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:I mean becuase regardless of what age its in no-one higher ranked than sergeant would ever send it (except aiz when he is trolling)

+1

Useless card, even in age 1. There are far better options if one plans to send two cards in age one, like distributivism or virginia company.

not that.
you send explroer card as brits, get 300 wood treasure and make manos. get 2 vills and xp which pays for the third vill
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

thebritish wrote:Well, on Yukon you can use it as brits to get 200-300 wood treasure, because with that wood you will be able to make manors which will give you the same settlers as if shipped, and also give you more xp for the next shipment

read my qutoe british i thought you think making manors is bad ? at least if i have understood you correctly or are you just an oppurtunist and use whatever opinion seems appropriate atm ?
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

thebritish wrote:
Atomiswave wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:I mean becuase regardless of what age its in no-one higher ranked than sergeant would ever send it (except aiz when he is trolling)

+1

not that.
you send explroer card as brits, get 300 wood treasure and make manos. get 2 vills and xp which pays for the third vill

It's map dependent, which is big problem. And also, there is no guarantee that you will get that treasure first. Vill + distributivism is objectively better choice which every even average player will get. You must be kidding with this construction right?!
Howdah

thebritish wrote:
Atomiswave wrote:

+1

not that.

I am really unsure as to whether you are a troll or not but I will answer anyways. Even if you got 300w in tres(there isn't going to be that much wood on the map never mind it all being still on the map once your explorer card gets in) you would age alot later than if you shipped 3 vill and 60xp is not worth a vill...
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

Even if longbowmen are inferior to other similar units, it's still something innate to the British civilisation that needs to be factored in when choosing the civilisation. You can't just let every civilisation have the exact same units and let their main civ boni (bonuses !?) decide games. Access to better or worse units is also part of the deal.
Them being better or worse than other units is no argument for changing them. Changing stats should only be considered when the imbalance has too big of a negative impact on the game.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Jerom wrote:what no... Longbows are great already. They just dont do too well against heavy infantry, but neither do xbows. And british already have great musketeers to deal with heavy infantry.

i think thats why they get lose to india and otto all the time
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

tedere12 wrote:
Jerom wrote:what no... Longbows are great already. They just dont do too well against heavy infantry, but neither do xbows. And british already have great musketeers to deal with heavy infantry.

i think thats why they get lose to india and otto all the time

Well they have 2 weak match ups. Thats fine, theres civs with more. The problem, if there is any because I think brits is one of the best civs, isn't longbows. Longbows are fine, very strong even. In age 2 they're better than xbows, in age 3 they're better than skirms (at least, if its age 3 vs age 3 which is the only type of thing brits wants to play in age 3 anyways).
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Longbow is strong. They counter cavalry in big numbers cause of the fire rate and pretty high meele damage. They do almost twice as good vs meele cav than a skirmisher...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

britishmusketeer wrote:
Method_man714 wrote:Hes not a troll, no one can troll this well. Hes just retarded.

Ye not even you can troll that well, so that must indeed be the case.

Can you guys keep it on topic. Even better, just don't make posts like that at all in the future.
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Post by Method_man714 »

Atomiswave wrote:

Then simply send virginia company or distributivisim.

"Only virgins send virginia company" - Hazza54321. 2016
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

ok, what I'd like to have as british is a 4 hus or maybe 7 musk ageup in fortress. This way their ff will become more viable imo
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I don t think brits lose to otto on the EP.
That's maybe a bit otto favoured but you can win as brit.
India vs brit is rather india favoured but, same, you can win if you do the right build.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Did you knew that those civs who have xbows also have skirmishers to deal with heavy infantry, while lbows are the only skirm type unit for brits to use when fightng heavy infantry.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

thebritish wrote:

Did you knew that those civs who have xbows also have skirmishers to deal with heavy infantry, while lbows are the only skirm type unit for brits to use when fightng heavy infantry.

Lbs beat skirms and rek goons, brits have the best musk and huss in the game and they also have the best eco for a large portion of supermacy games they dont need a fucking buff
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Hazza54321 wrote:
thebritish wrote:

Lbs beat skirms and rek goons, brits have the best musk and huss in the game and they also have the best eco for a large portion of supermacy games they dont need a fucking buff

WTF I AM TALKING, DO YOU EVEN READ!!! LBOWS SUCK VS MUSKS, NOT VS SKIRMS, THEY NEED BUFF TO BEAT MUSKS AND HEAVY INFANTRY AS SKIRMISHERS BEAT, I DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THEM BEATING OTHER SKIRMS BECAUSE MY OPPONENT CAN JUST SPAM MUSKS AND IF I MAKE ONLY LBOW HE WILL WIN NP!!!
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

Your musk are better than theirs so just make musk and your superior eco means you can outmass them but I don't know why I bother arguing with you... And just so you know lbow beats musk! Even if they don't hard counter them as much as skirms do
Howdah

thebritish wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

WTF I AM TALKING, DO YOU EVEN READ!!! LBOWS SUCK VS MUSKS, NOT VS SKIRMS, THEY NEED BUFF TO BEAT MUSKS AND HEAVY INFANTRY AS SKIRMISHERS BEAT, I DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THEM BEATING OTHER SKIRMS BECAUSE MY OPPONENT CAN JUST SPAM MUSKS AND IF I MAKE ONLY LBOW HE WILL WIN NP!!!

if you make lbow musk and he makes pure musk, the lbow musk will win easily.
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

+1 (please don't quote his ignominous looking cap message)

@thebritish do you realise how insane yeomen lbows are ?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

deuxballesman wrote:+1 (please don't quote his ignominous looking cap message)

@thebritish do you realise how insane yeomen lbows are ?

do you know that 1.25x and 3.0x multiplier makes big difference
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

deuxballesman wrote:Your musk are better than theirs so just make musk and your superior eco means you can outmass them but I don't know why I bother arguing with you... And just so you know lbow beats musk! Even if they don't hard counter them as much as skirms do

i dont wanna make musk to counter their musk, i want to make pure lbow the same way i would be making skirms with french or german
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:I don t think brits lose to otto on the EP.
That's maybe a bit otto favoured but you can win as brit.
India vs brit is rather india favoured but, same, you can win if you do the right build.

which is? musk ff into musk falc?