Aztecs Discussion Thread

Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Re: Aztec Discussion Thread

Post by gamevideo113 »

Temple of Centeotl Support - Ships 18 Macehualtins and Macehualtins get +1x vs. Heavy Infantry; costs 1,000 coin

Temple of Xipe Totec Support - Ships 11 Coyote Runners and Coyote Runners get +20% HP; costs 1,000 coin

or

Temple of Xipe Totec Support - Ships 11 Coyote Runners and Coyote Runners get +20% Ranged Resist; costs 1,000 coin
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Love those actually
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Maces don't need extra multiplier against HI. If anything +2 range. But that's already ERK specical card so I'd swap that for HP.
Coyote runners already get 20% hp from their combat card so attack is actually fine.
Image Image Image
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

I think macehualtins and aztecs in general fare really poorly in the late game against heavy infantry, due to both limited range and only 2x multipliers. I recently played one game against dutch that ended in the lategame and i felt like i really didn't have an effective way to deal with skirm+halbs. Coyotes were fragile, maces didn't do much damage. I even tried mixing jaguars and maces but had to resign soon after.

Also, yes, coyote already get HP in colonial with the colonial card, so probably giving them more HP is not very elegant. Range resist would be the close second alternative.
The problem is that ranged units benefit the most from attack upgrades, and melee units from HP upgrades. In other words, both the coyo and mace temples kinda suck and are not viable, and aztecs can't really rely on pure ERK despite them being very strong.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

mace do need vs hi lategame for sure
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

2x + good base attack + attack dance is totally fine. They just lack range. This is kinda shit because they have low hp (so musks will kill them fast) and also vs skirms.
For the record those temple cards are already viable. In fact all the temple cards are. It's more about optimizing them.
Image Image Image
Brazil Youssef
Skirmisher
ESO: Youssef2709

Post by Youssef »

what if mace elite upgrade increase +1 range and champion upgrade +1 range.
in late game aztec can do nothing vs skirm goon mass.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Hazza54321 wrote:I would like removing puma siege trooper tag but less siege also.
Definitely happy to consider this, during the beta. I think it's quite risky, though. It's no coincidence that the Puma Spearman has the "Siege Trooper" tag.
Hazza54321 wrote:Yea sure but coyotes with 30% would act in a similar way
Except they would take nearly triple damage from light cavalry.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

deleted_user wrote:Buff coyo combat?
Agreed – and nerf base values, too!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

gamevideo113 wrote:Temple of Centeotl Support - Ships 18 Macehualtins and Macehualtins get +1x vs. Heavy Infantry; costs 1,000 coin

Temple of Xipe Totec Support - Ships 11 Coyote Runners and Coyote Runners get +20% HP; costs 1,000 coin

or

Temple of Xipe Totec Support - Ships 11 Coyote Runners and Coyote Runners get +20% Ranged Resist; costs 1,000 coin
I think these are some good ideas.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Youssef wrote:what if mace elite upgrade increase +1 range and champion upgrade +1 range.
in late game aztec can do nothing vs skirm goon mass.
It's an option, but it makes more sense to add such effects to the Temple shipment, unless the unit needs the bonus, early Fortress Age.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Re: Aztecs Discussion Thread

Post by aqwer »

Warrior priest should not take pop space. It is just against the general rule i.e. units that have built limit doesn't cost pop space e.g. war dog, disciple, Indian tigers .
#trainableSpahi
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

It's normal that coyotes lose to cav, they're more of a polyvalent unit. I often see people complaining about coyos sucking vs skirms, so why not give the extra rr. 30% is obviously too much but maybe 20% would work.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Kaiserklein wrote:It's normal that coyotes lose to cav, they're more of a polyvalent unit. I often see people complaining about coyos sucking vs skirms, so why not give the extra rr. 30% is obviously too much but maybe 20% would work.
The other option of course, would be to give skirms a larger penalty tocoyotes without making them too powerful vs goons/musks. Currently skirms do 0.75 vs coyote. If IN ADDITION to that tag an 0.75 (or similar such as 0.8) vs ALL abstract light infantry was added then they would do roughly 0.56 damage to coyote and would fix the Eagle Runner anomaly. I think a little over half damage makes sense from a counter system perspective. Pikes and musks and goons all have reduced damage to coyote to stop them just getting dumped on instantly, why not skirms getting an increased reduction as well? Messing with armour might make them too strong vs musks, which they already are (imo) too strong against - especially ashi and ruskets
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

coyotes are not weak, it is just hard to mass the cav-equivalent amount because of super shitty food/wood ratio. Make them cost like 70f 30w and you see results already.
Image Image Image
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

I don't really see an issue with coyotes honestly.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Coyotes suck, even with the upgrade card.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Coyote barely beat an equal cost or pop of strong skirmishers. Jaegers or iron troops just straight up beat them. Yeah, coyote are fantastic vs strelets, xbows, but anything stronger than that and its a joke to call them a strong counter. I still say a further reduced multiplier vs coyo would be in order, but its just really a poor unit generally. Garja is also definitely correct that the food cost ratio is quite ridiculous as well
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Jaegers and especially iron troops also beat their counters if they outnumber (e.g. jaegers from saloon with german merc combat).
Coyote beat ranged infantry harder than huss because the pathing makes them harder to be countered and they also have way higher dps per cost than huss.
Image Image Image
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

High dps, yes... hp, no. Very hard hitting unit but so squishy. Like half an uhlan but uhlans get much better range resist to compensate
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

It's not about the hp but rather the pathing. Goons tend ot overkill a lot whenever one single coyote gets closer than the others. And Meelee units don't counter them as hard as they do to cav. Also whenever you have too many coyotes compared to maces you can cover mode them and they're actually useful, while cav can't do the same.
Image Image Image
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

I was very pleased to hear about the revert to ERKs back to RE resist and speed. Since the discussion seemed to focus on keeping viability in early fortress, may i make the suggestion that ERKs are given 'colonial' stats and shadowtech to fortress age to their current base stats? This would prevent them overscaling from cards and upgrades while maintaining their current early fortress viability
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Aztecs sort of need a long range unit imo. Arrow knight should deal siege damage on its ranged attack. That way the unit could be used on regular basis and not just as shitty culverin/mortar. Multiplier vs artillery nerfed accordingly. Cost increased to something like 50f 80g. If the change is successful and the unit can be used on a regular basis then can revert mace temple card ot only grant +20% HP.
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

arrow knight doing siege damage seems quite broken to me.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

You are not afraid with the full AK-ERK compo? looks pretty scary on paper.