Aztecs Discussion Thread

United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Re: Aztecs Discussion Thread

Post by Squamiger »

Superfly47 wrote:
Squamiger wrote:it seems like the main weakness of aztec is against skirm heavy compositions, correct? so idk if JPK are really the unit to focus on for buffing or changing. More like, coyotes need a buff?
Maybe in age 3 Mace can gets a boost vs HI. Could be researched from a house instead of Euro using arsenal.
Just shadow tech mace or coyote upgrades into fortress age like Dutch skirms. That would probably be the only buff needed
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Elite upgrades are cheap no need
China ttyye
Crossbow
ESO: tianbatua

Re: Aztec Discussion Thread

Post by ttyye »

britishmusketeer wrote:I think aztecs are a little on the strong side, just that there are other bigger balance issues right now *cough*Germany*cough*
Try Japanese ninja to fight Germany
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

So i had a noteworthy breakpoint observation and my suggestion regarding it. Arrow knights are 150 hp, and falcs do 150 damage per volley to arrow knights (100*3*0.5). Would moving them up to 160 hp be a good change to make them more surviable against falconets while remaining essentially unchanged against everything else?
China SquidTheSid
Musketeer

Post by SquidTheSid »

dansil92 wrote:So i had a noteworthy breakpoint observation and my suggestion regarding it. Arrow knights are 150 hp, and falcs do 150 damage per volley to arrow knights (100*3*0.5). Would moving them up to 160 hp be a good change to make them more surviable against falconets while remaining essentially unchanged against everything else?
Alongside that, keep the speed buff (4.0) and increase their artillery multiplier to 8x. Given that Aztec has such a mobile army, the 3.75 speed of the AK is terrible and slows down everyone. Even a Falconet moves at 4.0 speed in limber mode. Thus, I don't think 4 speed would break the unit, and would make them feel less terrible to use.

But more importantly, they need to do more damage to artillery. 5x with 10 base damage isn't nearly enough. 2 volleys will deal a net damage of 25 after range resist is calculated. And given that Falcs have 200 HP, it's going to take 8 arrow knights to kill one in 2 volleys, and 16 to oneshot a falc. This is pretty pathetic for a so called "anti-artillery" unit. I think 8x would be a reasonable buff, as it would let their volleys deal 40 net damage. So 5 arrow knights to kill a falc in 2 volleys, and 10 to oneshot a falc, which I consider much more practical, as you don't need to eat up your entire army space and invest massively in resources to counter a falconet.

TL;DR: AKs need 160 HP, 8x artillery multiplier, and 4 speed to make them usable.