Germans Discussion Thread

Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Re: Germans Discussion Thread

Post by harcha »

chronique wrote:Juste give free spahi instead of free uhlan.
juste change the pike > rodelero convert card to hussar > spahi
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

harcha wrote:
No, pike into spahi make more sens to me.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

chronique wrote:
harcha wrote:
No, pike into spahi make more sens to me.
also refund wood as spahi only cost food
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Hallo, diskutieren wir hier immer noch Deutsche?

Persönlich bin ich der Ansicht, dass sehr viele Deutsche den Stock aus'm Arsch ziehen sollten. Manche sogar den Baumstamm
No Flag reuehcS
Crossbow

Post by reuehcS »

Would moving the Long-Range Infantry Hitpoints card to age 2 be a good idea? The Crossbowman could use this card since in the 4th era there is no Crossbowman and the card would continue to be useful for skirmishers.
Georgia Qosashvili93
Dragoon
ESO: Qosashvili93

Post by Qosashvili93 »

Not much less shit civ than china
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

reuehcS wrote:Would moving the Long-Range Infantry Hitpoints card to age 2 be a good idea? The Crossbowman could use this card since in the 4th era there is no Crossbowman and the card would continue to be useful for skirmishers.
is it necessary to make german stronger?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

harcha wrote:
reuehcS wrote:Would moving the Long-Range Infantry Hitpoints card to age 2 be a good idea? The Crossbowman could use this card since in the 4th era there is no Crossbowman and the card would continue to be useful for skirmishers.
is it necessary to make german stronger?
It's not really "stronger" if it buffs a weaker playstyle. By that I mean that in basically any situation where germans are strong, you're not sending an age 2 xbow upgrade anyway. That card would basically only be sent when you're stuck in colo massing bows, usually on no tp maps, in which case germany is rather weak.
Not saying this change is needed though.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag reuehcS
Crossbow

Post by reuehcS »

Doppelsoldner are horrible!
Civilizations that have musketeers do it, because they know that the Crossbowmans are bad. The point is that the Musketeers should not be the natural accountant of the Doppelsoldner, but the Crossbowman, Longbowman, Skirmisher ...
Germany seems too strong in age 3 (Black Riders, 3 free Uhlans, say hi to @zoom ) and too weak in age 2.

The buffs recently applied to hand infantry were not commensurate with Dopps, especially considering that it costs almost twice as much as Alabardier.

Tks @zoom
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

Mameloul loose vs hackapel, pls BUFF MAMELOUK
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

My solution to all German problems :
1) Buff the doppelsoldner significantly so that Dop/Uhlan is a viable colonial composition.
2) Give Uhlans their 190 HP back. Nerf their veteran upgrade to +15% HP (direct buff to their colonial strength, while keeping the nerf in fortress where it matters).
3) Deny all remarks and advices from actual good players as my very high PR proves I understand the game just as well as Kaiserklein, Mitoe or Hazza.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

To make sure their colonial is really viable, may also transfer to age II the German age IV crossbow/skirm upgrade and buff it to +50% hp +50% attack, called Crossbow Combat
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
No Flag juhjuh
Musketeer
ESO: MIstress_Shy

Post by juhjuh »

can someone tell me how i can beat jap with ger?
No Flag juhjuh
Musketeer

Post by juhjuh »

i think 2 Spahis per shippment could indeed solve my Problem good idea
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

juhjuh wrote:can someone tell me how i can beat jap with ger?
Pike or dopp semi-ff ideally on a map you can go stagecoach. You can do a lot of different things from there, but greedy options like going age 4 for heavy cannons or 1k wood and a TC drop are definitely out of the question.

Xbow/pike or tower rush is also an option on low resource maps/RE. However, a well-executed club rush can counter these builds quite well if the german player is not expecting it.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

or just give the man 2 spahis per shipment as he said...
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag juhjuh
Musketeer

Post by juhjuh »

Darwin_ wrote:
juhjuh wrote:can someone tell me how i can beat jap with ger?
Pike or dopp semi-ff ideally on a map you can go stagecoach. You can do a lot of different things from there, but greedy options like going age 4 for heavy cannons or 1k wood and a TC drop are definitely out of the question.

Xbow/pike or tower rush is also an option on low resource maps/RE. However, a well-executed club rush can counter these builds quite well if the german player is not expecting it.
to be honest i think dop semi jsut loses super hard i guess bow pike semi could work with a small stagecoach but then u still cant kill 500 hp nagi (best obtion might be pure skirm) and ashi. age 4 is acctually breety good in some cases
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

or maybe try a FI ? (a bit autopromotion :hmm: viewtopic.php?t=7740) sending winged hussars, heavy cannons, 3 horse cannons, with guard ww. A master sergeant solution, but funny to experiment
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
No Flag reuehcS
Crossbow

Post by reuehcS »

European civs have musketeers and Dutch has skirmish, which Germany has are Dopps.
Fend off enemy cavalry or knock down buildings, the Pikemans already do it, they have more speed and the macro is easier because it costs the same types of resources as the Crossbowman.
I don't want Dopps to be better than musketeer, just not too bad.
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

@reuehcS
Your problem is you are in the situation of "Dunning Kruger effect", your level is prob not good enough too understand what is strong or not, your comparaison between mousket and doppel make no sens because this 2 units are differents.
No Flag juhjuh
Musketeer

Post by juhjuh »

chronique wrote:@reuehcS
Your problem is you are in the situation of "Dunning Kruger effect", your level is prob not good enough too understand what is strong or not, your comparaison between mousket and doppel make no sens because this 2 units are differents.
doppels suck
No Flag reuehcS
Crossbow

Post by reuehcS »

chronique wrote:@reuehcS
1 - Perhaps I am wrong to think that civilizations musketeer against Germany at age 2, and thus the confrontation between musk and dopps occurs.

2 - Maybe I am wrong to assume that Germany is weak at age 2 even when many players do semi FF continuously.

I am willing to assume that you are right about this Dunning Kruger effect. If you are patient you could explain to me how I am mistaken in arguments 1 and 2, and tell me that the video massacre (without micro and without extra spacing between musketeers) is normal.
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

Mousketer are not equivalent to dopel, so your comparaison make no sens. Its like saying rodo need to be buff because they die quite hard vs dopel (and spain are bad age 2).
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

The only real option to finally achieve a good balance for Germans is the introduction of a new home city card "Berlin-Bagdad Railway" which turns all Uhlans into Spahis.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

duckzilla wrote:The only real option to finally achieve a good balance for Germans is the introduction of a new home city card "Berlin-Bagdad Railway" which turns all Uhlans into Spahis.
Murder on the Orient Express :P

The card should also give you a free spahi everytime a travois passes to make up for the XP Penalty!!!1!!1!