Germans Discussion Thread

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: German Discussion Thread

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

It would be a huge buff to Russia, Japan, India, Dutch and Brit however and I'm not sure these civs deserve it.
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

I don't like that idea, since many other civs (France, Spain, Aztecs, Ports, China, Iro) rely on the TP as an eco bonus to compete with the other's civilizations superior economic design (Japan, British, Dutch, India). Nerfing TPs affects basically every MU and makes it therefore very hard to balance. It would make half the civ pool worse on their best maps, and except Germany and Sioux all of them are not unreasonably strong.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Agreed. Imo the cost of tps should be 225 or at least tested. Early tps with almost every civ is pretty strong (thinking france german iro).
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Not a huge fan of nerfing TPs altogether but i guess you could increase their building time in the discovery age to nerf early tp only and avoid messing with the rest of the game, and then compensate where necessary.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

gamevideo113 wrote:Not a huge fan of nerfing TPs altogether but i guess you could increase their building time in the discovery age to nerf early tp only and avoid messing with the rest of the game, and then compensate where necessary.

RIP ottomans
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Ofc the TP xp income deserves a nerf. Changing the cost is less elegant since it makes it harder to squeeze TPs in your build order
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

On Mendocino, each TP produces 25% less XP (imagine how huge a -25% nerf is). And yet Germany is still played there, and this map doesn't seem to provide too much buff to civs that don't rely on TP either. This has been in front of our eyes for 2 years now, and I think it has worked quite well since Mendocino is probably one of the map with the most options for civ diversity (and I really don't say that because I made the map). Even more, we can conclude from that, that even nerfing tps by -25%, they are still very viable.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

It does feel sad to go age 1 tp on mendocino haha
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

btw I just checked. Mendocino TP is 1.17 xp/sec, Arkansas TP is 1.25 xp/sec. It isn't too much of a difference?
Image Image Image
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

To be honest, I didn't do the stats myself, I've just checked the work that @lordraphael did on Tps:
https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php ... no#p161010

From this source I got:
- Mendocino: 92xp/tp/min
- Arkansas: 115xp/tp/min

92/115 = 0.8, so TP produces on Mendocino 80% from what they produce on Arkansas
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah I'm quite sure there's a significant difference. You feel it a lot when going for builds that involve shipping 2 cards in age 1 (brit 3v VC, spain 3v atp, otto 3v silk road, etc) as you usually don't have a shipment ready upon colo, or barely.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

I'd like a change to the power of tps, especially with stagecoach having a tp line is far too powerful compared to investment. Although i might be completely wrong.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Stagecoach should be a relatively cheap investment since it's risky. You need a military presence on the map to defend the line, while a regular boom is usually in your base with defender's advantage. And if you lose the control of the line, it's twice as bad as losing e.g some vils, since your opponent gets to steal the stagecoach tps.

Only problem is match ups where one civ gets to stagecoach for free, or maps with extra safe stagecoach.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

TPs are good for the game. Balance it around them, for the love of all that is holy.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Rikikipu wrote:To be honest, I didn't do the stats myself, I've just checked the work that @lordraphael did on Tps:

From this source I got:

92/115 = 0.8, so TP produces on Mendocino 80% from what they produce on Arkansas

Please test it again, perhaps without vsync. On multiplayer -> lan, without vsync it should be 1.17 xp/sec for mendocino and 1.25 xp/sec for arkansas. Obvisouly considering only 1 TP, as number of TPs doesn't really matter for the xp/sec.
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Riotcoke wrote:
Garja wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Jaegers 40% is the thing that makes them a bit too strong. For manchus I'd say no stat is actually unusual, just CA unit type is nice in general.
20% on a single unit type is the norm. However mercs have higher base stats so their design becomes even more extreme. Also it's 20% on single unit type but many difference units in practice.
Also 13 jaegers is 600g extra to the 10 jaegers card. Germans bonus is supposed to be 450 res in fortress age.

Yeah 12 jaegers would make sense for this.
Along with a Jäger cost nerf – correct.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

ListlessSalmon wrote:France had -100f on EP 2 (and then reverted on EP 3).
-100f is a bad change, for French. It's an even worse change, for Germans, since it'd make them even slower. Germans doesn't have the same margins as French does, in the early game.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Scroogie wrote:From what i've seen, most people dislike the amount of free Uhlans Germany gets and dislike the uhlan nerf, because these 10hp work magic in the number of hits needed to kill for various common units, making their effective combat much weaker than a measly 5% hp nerf would suggest. So i'm wondering if we can do both, buff uhlans and nerf the free mass Germany gets. Some people advocate for only one uhlan in colonial and two in fortress, but i find that a bit drastic, compromising the civ bonus and tbh, what will one uhlan do in colonial? Scout? Maybe a Uhlan rework is better, which could go along the lines of this:

Reduce Uhlans HP to 165 (so Hussars don't perfect-kill them anymore, and colonial Musks need only one less shot to kill them, they also die in the same amount of hits vs pikes)
Reduce Uhlan Attack to 34. This is a 15% HP reduction and 10% Attack reduction. They now kill Hussars in 10 hits instead of 9. They still kill villagers in the same number of hits.
Reduce Uhlan cost to 40f 90c (or something along of this) and reduce train time from 35seconds to 31.
Vet Uhlans and normal Uhlans are still killed in 4hits by Goons, only with 190hp was it 5hit for Vet-Uhlans.

This now means that the free Uhlans are weaker, but also a lot more affordable and faster to make, because of their increase in cost-effectiveness. Their fighting capability does not diminish significantly, only when mixed units are fighting will there be a big difference, meaning the big uhlan swarm on top of your army is weaker, but not so much the skillfully manouvered uhlan that is trying to trap a Hussar.

I wouldn't nerf the SW-shipments, since extra economy for Germans is fair, since they need to chop more for popspace (if they want to make use of the Uhlans). So in a way, this Uhlan-rework would slightly nerf the German economy too, since now they need even more popspace for the same power-level.

For the crate starts, i think only 300f 200w is op, since for 200f 200w the macro is quite tight (remember France without food crate?). So removing the 300f 200w start would be an idea. This way early tp is still a thing, but no ez-gg FF without seriously good treasures. Maybe even make 100f 200w start a thing as the only 200w start, but i'm unsure here.

In the lategame, this now obvioulsy means Uhlans are much, much weaker since their base stats are lower, making the upgrades worse and they are even more pop-inefficient. To counteract that, Lippizaner-Cav (the age4 upgrade) could now reduce the popspace for uhlans to 1. Stats would need to be adjusted accordingly, so maybe Lippizaner Cav only gives 10%hp and atk instead of 20% like right now (maybe i'm wrong with the numbers here). I could have sworn, some long time ago when i was a little kid the french age4 curassier-cost-reduction did the same from 2 to 3, did that get nerfed at some point or am i just misremembering? xD

Please tell me what you think about these suggestions. :) Btw, the numbers are just an idea to give a direction.
I think it's too (and unnecessarily) drastic a change. Also, I think adjusting crate starts is worth considering. I know I've been in favor of it for the better part of this decade.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

lordraphael wrote:30 RR for jaegar and be done with it. could also subtract 1 jaegar from the ger merc shipment i guess
Rather not nerf any other Jäger shipments. They don't seem overviable, to me.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

-100f means Germans will start with 1 food crate about half the time, right? That means it might be hard to even get the food for the second vill on time, depending on the hunt situation.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Hazza54321 wrote:Agreed. Imo the cost of tps should be 225 or at least tested. Early tps with almost every civ is pretty strong (thinking france german iro).
I don't think TPs are too accessible (apart from wood starts, possibly), but I do think they are a tad on the strong side. If nerfing them, either I would decrease deliveries (say, by 10%), or halve or remove their build bounty.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Garja wrote:btw I just checked. Mendocino TP is 1.17 xp/sec, Arkansas TP is 1.25 xp/sec. It isn't too much of a difference?
Some variance is to be tolerated. That seems acceptable to me.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Rikikipu wrote:To be honest, I didn't do the stats myself, I've just checked the work that @lordraphael did on Tps:

From this source I got:

That's a bit extreme, though.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

zoom wrote:
Garja wrote:btw I just checked. Mendocino TP is 1.17 xp/sec, Arkansas TP is 1.25 xp/sec. It isn't too much of a difference?
Some variance is to be tolerated. That seems acceptable to me.

both lines are straight and even with +-1 sec in the calculation should return about the same result
Image Image Image
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

zoom wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:Agreed. Imo the cost of tps should be 225 or at least tested. Early tps with almost every civ is pretty strong (thinking france german iro).
I don't think TPs are too accessible (apart from wood starts, possibly), but I do think they are a tad on the strong side. If nerfing them, either I would decrease deliveries (say, by 10%), or halve or remove their build bounty.

What's a build bounty?
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image