Russians Discussion Thread

Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Re: Russian Discussion Thread

Post by Hazza54321 »

ovi12 wrote:Actually making the strelet politician give you vet strelet status is an awesome idea

well russia wants to age fast mostly anyway
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Hazza54321 wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Actually making the strelet politician give you vet strelet status is an awesome idea

well russia wants to age fast mostly anyway

But there has been talk recently of nerfing fast age and buffing slow age, and I think this would be a really cool slow age buff
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

thebritish wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Haha buff medecine.
Even if it was 100% faster I wouldn t use it.

because you are noob.

Lol, this guy...
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Papist wrote:
thebritish wrote:

because you are noob.

Lol, this guy...

Yea lol, and I got warned for having #BTB in my signature, very funny.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Papist wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Lol, this guy...

C'est pas très Charlie tout ça 8-)
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Papist wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Lol, this guy...

C'est pas très Charlie tout ça 8-)[/quote]
Ce qui est pas très Charlie c'est de se prendre un avertissement pour rien alors que les débiles peuvent continuer de faire n'importe quoi.
Enfin bon ça m'intéresse plus de rester sur ce forum avec des gens comme ça aux commandes.

#Diarouga's 5th warning for talking in french in this forum
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

hype.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Ce qui est pas très Charlie c'est de se prendre un avertissement pour rien alors que les débiles peuvent continuer de faire n'importe quoi.
Enfin bon ça m'intéresse plus de rester sur ce forum avec des gens comme ça aux commandes.

Justement, c'est ce que je voulais dire.

This warning is somewhat exaggerated.

#BBQ
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

Medicine is actually a bugged card for Russia. It doesn't understand their villagers are batched trained. It's number 156 on the bug list.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Mimsy for President wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Ce qui est pas très Charlie c'est de se prendre un avertissement pour rien alors que les débiles peuvent continuer de faire n'importe quoi.

Justement, c'est ce que je voulais dire.

This warning is somewhat exaggerated.

#BBQ

Oui et tout ça c'est parce que ce gosse a report nos postes lol, alors qu'il fait ça tous les jours^^.
Comme je l'ai dit, si ils prennent un gosse de 12 ans qui fait chier tout le monde plus au sérieux que moi, ça sert à rien que je reste.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

17strel + veteran upgrade? sounds great...
No Flag LordCharlie_131
Skirmisher
ESO: LordCharlie131

Post by LordCharlie_131 »

lemmings121 wrote:

17strel + veteran upgrade? sounds great...

I am not so sure and it wouldnt be enough.

If u age up, you risk your mapcontroll, which russia needs.

A (semi) ff with 17 strel would be to slow in some cases and is too vulnerable to cav early.
Colonial play would be still beter and if you go fortress at minute 15-20 this upgrade woudnt be such a big deal anymore.
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

The auto upgrade makes your troops instantly stronger and let you produce unit from the building instead of spending the first half minute upgrading. +200w 200g that also never hurts.
Moreover is you survived 15-20min in colo with russia you prob won the game already russia late colo is insane
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Post by Method_man714 »

Marco1698 wrote:I'd like to consider more your opinion hazza, because diarouga doesn't play russian that much as you. I found some takuman recs where he plays russian and they could be helpful

lol takuman is captain at best
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

iCourt wrote:

Medicine is actually a bugged card for Russia. It doesn't understand their villagers are batched trained. It's number 156 on the bug list.

This is sad I'm quoting myself but...

If this card worked correctly, it should knock about 13.5 seconds off villager train time for Russia. That would make 3 villagers train every 36.5 seconds, as opposed to every 50 seconds. Currently it is only reducing train time 7.5 seconds. That's why when you send the card it feels completely insignificant with Russians.

The bug either lies in the design of the card and how it reduces time or poorly worded tool tip text.

Anyways sorry for the boring bug talk.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Method_man714 wrote:
Marco1698 wrote:I'd like to consider more your opinion hazza, because diarouga doesn't play russian that much as you. I found some takuman recs where he plays russian and they could be helpful

lol takuman is captain at best
I don't want boost his ego but, he used to be a pr 42 though. Maybe even more. There's also a rec where he beats _h2o, but that MU was unfair (mankle jap) takuman (aztec)
No Flag ronsu
Crossbow

Post by ronsu »

iCourt wrote:
iCourt wrote:

This is sad I'm quoting myself but...

If this card worked correctly, it should knock about 13.5 seconds off villager train time for Russia. That would make 3 villagers train every 36.5 seconds, as opposed to every 50 seconds. Currently it is only reducing train time 7.5 seconds. That's why when you send the card it feels completely insignificant with Russians.

The bug either lies in the design of the card and how it reduces time or poorly worded tool tip text.

Anyways sorry for the boring bug talk.

Usefull comment, iCourt. Hope this card could be fixed in the next patch. Would be interesting to try if then could worth it in some builds.
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

I was thinking Settlers trained at 30 seconds each off the top of my head but it's 25 seconds...

I didn't think it was right and adjusted the math. Medicine card should be taking off 11.25 seconds from train time for Russia. Train time should go from 50 seconds to 38.75 seconds. Even when fixed it's not a great card, but my point still stands that the card does not work properly, and that's why you see even less of a change when using it with Russia.
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

The problem with medicine is that even if it wasn't bugged you need crazy food gathering for constant vil batch production especially if they go faster.
Balancing vil and military batches is hard for russia in early game.
The thing is you might want to send medicine only after spice trade. Which makes you even more suceptible to canons timing I feel
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

iCourt wrote:I was thinking Settlers trained at 30 seconds each off the top of my head but it's 25 seconds...

I didn't think it was right and adjusted the math. Medicine card should be taking off 11.25 seconds from train time for Russia. Train time should go from 50 seconds to 38.75 seconds. Even when fixed it's not a great card, but my point still stands that the card does not work properly, and that's why you see even less of a change when using it with Russia.

Medicine card is based on the train time of Russian settlers which is already shorter, hence minor time reduction.
It is not a bug, it is intended. It may be arguable however if it should be boosted. In my opinion medicine card can be pretty strong for those civs that don't have vill shipments.
Image Image Image
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Medicine card is better than when aztec spam vills faster because of bonfire, alright?
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

The tool tip text is where the bug lies then by how you're looking at the card. The card states that it reduces villager train time by 15%. Currently it's only effecting 2 villagers, not 3. This was probably intended, however the tool tip text doesn't imply that very well. I explained this in one of my posts that if the actual train time isn't fixed, the tool tip text should be fixed.
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

iCourt wrote:The tool tip text is where the bug lies then by how you're looking at the card. The card states that it reduces villager train time by 15%. Currently it's only effecting 2 villagers, not 3. This was probably intended, however the tool tip text doesn't imply that very well. I explained this in one of my posts that if the actual train time isn't fixed, the tool tip text should be fixed.

You gonna work on that or ?
@iCourt I see you are somekind of C++ god ?
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Nope. I'm an interior designer.

I only fix the bugs that I'm told to fix however. The bug list has all this listed.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Garja wrote:
iCourt wrote:I was thinking Settlers trained at 30 seconds each off the top of my head but it's 25 seconds...

Medicine card is based on the train time of Russian settlers which is already shorter, hence minor time reduction.
It is not a bug, it is intended. It may be arguable however if it should be boosted. In my opinion medicine card can be pretty strong for those civs that don't have vill shipments.

Yeah I actually never tought about it, but since it's 15% faster it's probably > eco theory. You still have to pay for the vills which is a drawback but the 15% eco boost you get to your economy is actually affected by market upgrades, unlike the eco theory boost. And people already send eco theory with port, maybe they should be sending medicine. What do you think about making medicine an age 1 card?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego