Russians Discussion Thread

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: Russian Discussion Thread

Post by deleted_user0 »

deleted_user wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:this civ is literally so horseshit that I dont even have a home city anymore.
its absolutely useless.

Stop being such a drama queen christ

stop quitting every game between 1-5 mins jesus christ
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

somppukunkku wrote:
deleted_user wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:this civ is literally so horseshit that I dont even have a home city anymore.
its absolutely useless.

Stop being such a drama queen christ

stop quitting every game between 1-5 mins jesus christ

How can I know I don't like playing on the keyboard if I don't play on the keyboard??
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

If you nerf British, Chinese, Dutch (from 4.0), French, Indians, Iroquois and Japanese you're buffing Russians. I would argue that the Sepoy nerf is especially significant in that particular match-up. Most recent maps also favor Russians. It's possible that Russians are below average, but I'm not buying this "underpowered-to-the-point-of-unplayable" nonsense.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Ye Russia get marginally better with other civ nerfs. Sepoy nerf isn't particularly relevant or significant tho vs russia.
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

pretty sure the only sepoys u get in that MU are the ones you get from age up
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

That's interesting. Seems they're used a lot, anytime I see the match-up. At least in the early game.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

i remember playing vs diarouga and i only won because he made sepoy rather than zamb
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

and because im the general
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

ye i think making sepoy in that mu is a bad call. perhaps 5 or at most 10 if you're under a lot of early pressure. but u want to go ghurka zamb sowar or age.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Goons just do good vs russia since their ri has only 14 range. It makes it hard to snipe goons. Musks need to come in front to block and dps cav so they can get sniped down by strelets easily.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Should we talk about strelet shadow up or 255 vills again?
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Russia on the weak side again, which was totally expected. Bring back 255 vills at least....
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Sepoy still OP. They may lose to strelet, but if you have some sowar/hussar to tank, sepoy can kill everything easily.
And they don't die fast to cossack: zamburak has higher DPS, but they can't tank at all. If russia have more cossack than your zamburak, you just get destroyed.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

zoom wrote:If you nerf British, Chinese, Dutch (from 4.0), French, Indians, Iroquois and Japanese you're buffing Russians. I would argue that the Sepoy nerf is especially significant in that particular match-up. Most recent maps also favor Russians. It's possible that Russians are below average, but I'm not buying this "underpowered-to-the-point-of-unplayable" nonsense.

vs russia is one of those match ups where india doesn't make many sepoys, isnt it?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

You make like 2-3 sepoys first batch to protect against the 5 cossacks unless you're Ryan and can defend with sentries, 2 sepoys, monks, and impeccable micro. Other than that I have never seen anyone train cipayes.
Pay more attention to detail.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Sepoy sowar could also be ok because sepoy
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Gendarme wrote:You make like 2-3 sepoys first batch to protect against the 5 cossacks unless you're Ryan and can defend with sentries, 2 sepoys, monks, and impeccable micro. Other than that I have never seen anyone train cipayes.

Yeah, 5-10 sepoys or something. Thats not 'many' is it. By that point in time the wood saved from houses is definitely worth more.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Apparently russia trains vils in only 50s on vanilla compared to 53s on TAD (credits to @bwinner ). What about we also go for 50s on EP? It would buff both the rush and the scaling a bit, since russia would age up a bit faster and have slightly more eco overall.

[spoiler=Quick maths]In age 1, the first batch would pop 3s early, the second 6s, and the third 9s. That's 18s of extra gathering for 3 vils, so 54 VS, which is 45f. That's the same extra amount of food as with 255f vils. Plus, if you find food treasures and/or have a food start, you might age up 9s faster than now, since the last batch of vils pops 9s earlier.

Later on, it keeps scaling. If you don't idle your tc, you're gonna get 9 VS (3s * 3 vil) ahead with each batch. So at the nth batch in colonial, you will have an extra 9n(n+1)/2 VS. So for example, at the 10th batch in colonial (which should be at around 13 min in game), russia would have approx an extra 9*10*11/2 = 545 VS, which is 550+ food with steel traps. And if we also take in consideration the fact that russia aged to colonial slightly faster, it's even more extra resources.[/spoiler]
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

If they cant train them with no idle is kinda pointless.
Image Image Image
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

k i n d a p o i n t l e s s
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

And why would they idle?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Because they already idle with 14 settlers, and with this they will finish training their last batch 9 seconds earlier with only 45 additional food to try to reduce their idle time.

So unless you find food treasures, you are essentially only reducing the age up cost to 755f (as far as Discovery Age is concerned).
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well russia would age slightly faster (cause extra 45f) regardless of idle time, and with the same 14 vils. So it's at least as good as 255f vils in age 1.
Anyway, that's just age 1 lol. It becomes more relevant in colo
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

There's nothing wrong with idling, really. Anyway, the more notable effect is that 17 villager ageup becomes faster by 12 seconds.
oranges.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Because the more you squeeze the train time of a unit the harder is to pull out the complete batch or, in case of vills, idleless production.
Anyway, it would still be a buff, because eventually Russia has more food than it needs for vills. But I would actually prefer 255f buff as it has basically the opposite trend, affecting more the early game without making Russia eco necessarily scale faster which is something it already does in midgame.
17v age up is a good point. 14v tho is about the same. If no idle it is already faster than 3.05.
Image Image Image