Somalia somppukunkku
Jaeger
Donator 02

31 May 2018, 12:54

SirCallen wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:this civ is literally so horseshit that I dont even have a home city anymore.
its absolutely useless.

Stop being such a drama queen christ

stop quitting every game between 1-5 mins jesus christ
Co-Founder of Somali Kabuli Gaming
Homo management SKG
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
ESO: KTRAlN

31 May 2018, 13:31

somppukunkku wrote:
SirCallen wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:this civ is literally so horseshit that I dont even have a home city anymore.
its absolutely useless.

Stop being such a drama queen christ

stop quitting every game between 1-5 mins jesus christ

How can I know I don't like playing on the keyboard if I don't play on the keyboard??
and the giving famishes the craving
sweet thames, run softly, til I end my song

The shepherd's staff's tantalus around my neck

let the water
touch the tongue
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead
ESO: Funnu

31 May 2018, 17:01

If you nerf British, Chinese, Dutch (from 4.0), French, Indians, Iroquois and Japanese you're buffing Russians. I would argue that the Sepoy nerf is especially significant in that particular match-up. Most recent maps also favor Russians. It's possible that Russians are below average, but I'm not buying this "underpowered-to-the-point-of-unplayable" nonsense.
Effective ESOC Patch notes

"In general you shouldnt say gg before clicking resign IMO"

"♪You can't trust anyone, because you're untrustable. How can you trust someone you know can't trust you?♫"
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

31 May 2018, 17:03

Ye Russia get marginally better with other civ nerfs. Sepoy nerf isn't particularly relevant or significant tho vs russia.
Great Britain Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01

31 May 2018, 20:33

pretty sure the only sepoys u get in that MU are the ones you get from age up
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead
ESO: Funnu

31 May 2018, 23:08

That's interesting. Seems they're used a lot, anytime I see the match-up. At least in the early game.
Effective ESOC Patch notes

"In general you shouldnt say gg before clicking resign IMO"

"♪You can't trust anyone, because you're untrustable. How can you trust someone you know can't trust you?♫"
Great Britain Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01

31 May 2018, 23:20

i remember playing vs diarouga and i only won because he made sepoy rather than zamb
Great Britain Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01

31 May 2018, 23:20

and because im the general
No Flag umeu
Gendarme

01 Jun 2018, 00:07

ye i think making sepoy in that mu is a bad call. perhaps 5 or at most 10 if you're under a lot of early pressure. but u want to go ghurka zamb sowar or age.
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
NWC LAN 4th place
GameRanger ID: 5529322

01 Jun 2018, 09:15

Goons just do good vs russia since their ri has only 14 range. It makes it hard to snipe goons. Musks need to come in front to block and dps cav so they can get sniped down by strelets easily.
Micro tricks

LoOk_tOm: I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..

Somalia somppukunkku
Jaeger
Donator 02

10 Oct 2018, 14:40

Should we talk about strelet shadow up or 255 vills again?
Co-Founder of Somali Kabuli Gaming
Homo management SKG
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

10 Oct 2018, 15:38

Russia on the weak side again, which was totally expected. Bring back 255 vills at least....
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

10 Oct 2018, 17:39

Sepoy still OP. They may lose to strelet, but if you have some sowar/hussar to tank, sepoy can kill everything easily.
And they don't die fast to cossack: zamburak has higher DPS, but they can't tank at all. If russia have more cossack than your zamburak, you just get destroyed.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

10 Oct 2018, 18:01

zoom wrote:If you nerf British, Chinese, Dutch (from 4.0), French, Indians, Iroquois and Japanese you're buffing Russians. I would argue that the Sepoy nerf is especially significant in that particular match-up. Most recent maps also favor Russians. It's possible that Russians are below average, but I'm not buying this "underpowered-to-the-point-of-unplayable" nonsense.

vs russia is one of those match ups where india doesn't make many sepoys, isnt it?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

10 Oct 2018, 18:21

You make like 2-3 sepoys first batch to protect against the 5 cossacks unless you're Ryan and can defend with sentries, 2 sepoys, monks, and impeccable micro. Other than that I have never seen anyone train cipayes.
Capitalization matters.https://pastebin.com/KEuaQCrR
Great Britain Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01

12 Oct 2018, 12:21

Sepoy sowar could also be ok because sepoy
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

12 Oct 2018, 13:00

Gendarme wrote:You make like 2-3 sepoys first batch to protect against the 5 cossacks unless you're Ryan and can defend with sentries, 2 sepoys, monks, and impeccable micro. Other than that I have never seen anyone train cipayes.

Yeah, 5-10 sepoys or something. Thats not 'many' is it. By that point in time the wood saved from houses is definitely worth more.
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
NWC LAN 4th place

12 Nov 2018, 11:30

Apparently russia trains vils in only 50s on vanilla compared to 53s on TAD (credits to @bwinner ). What about we also go for 50s on EP? It would buff both the rush and the scaling a bit, since russia would age up a bit faster and have slightly more eco overall.

Quick maths
Micro tricks

LoOk_tOm: I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..

Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02

12 Nov 2018, 12:14

If they cant train them with no idle is kinda pointless.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

12 Nov 2018, 12:48

k i n d a p o i n t l e s s
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
NWC LAN 4th place

12 Nov 2018, 12:48

And why would they idle?
Micro tricks

Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

12 Nov 2018, 12:55

Because they already idle with 14 settlers, and with this they will finish training their last batch 9 seconds earlier with only 45 additional food to try to reduce their idle time.

So unless you find food treasures, you are essentially only reducing the age up cost to 755f (as far as Discovery Age is concerned).
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
NWC LAN 4th place

12 Nov 2018, 12:58

Well russia would age slightly faster (cause extra 45f) regardless of idle time, and with the same 14 vils. So it's at least as good as 255f vils in age 1.
Anyway, that's just age 1 lol. It becomes more relevant in colo
Micro tricks

Malta Aizamk
Howdah

12 Nov 2018, 13:04

There's nothing wrong with idling, really. Anyway, the more notable effect is that 17 villager ageup becomes faster by 12 seconds.
rapha smurfs are out to get me
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02

12 Nov 2018, 13:35

Because the more you squeeze the train time of a unit the harder is to pull out the complete batch or, in case of vills, idleless production.
Anyway, it would still be a buff, because eventually Russia has more food than it needs for vills. But I would actually prefer 255f buff as it has basically the opposite trend, affecting more the early game without making Russia eco necessarily scale faster which is something it already does in midgame.
17v age up is a good point. 14v tho is about the same. If no idle it is already faster than 3.05.

Forum Info

Return to “ESOC Civilizations Discussion”