Russians Discussion Thread

United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Re: Russians Discussion Thread

Post by Cometk »

EP Russia is RE Russia though, the only relevant EP change besides the general ones is the 17 steel shipment becoming 20 strel. There practically no difference
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Well theres the rusket cost increase
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Relevant change. 1f 1c cost increase won’t matter
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I like reading Hazza's posts because I always read them in his voice.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Wait, rusket cost incresed by 1 c and 1f on EP?
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

chronique wrote:Wait, rusket cost incresed by 1 c and 1f on EP?
Musketeer batch cost increased to 285f, 95c (from 281.25f, 93.75c)
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

Ok :hmm: prob the difference between op unit and average unit ^^ .
Germany richard
Dragoon

Post by richard »

Musk batch cost was changed by 5 res in total, 75% of which is food and 25% of which is coin. Because the UI showed you could train a musk-batch when you have 93G in bank but sometimes you could only train them when you had 94g in bank.
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

richard wrote:
Musk batch cost was changed by 5 res in total, 75% of which is food and 25% of which is coin. Because the UI showed you could train a musk-batch when you have 93G in bank but sometimes you could only train them when you had 94g in bank.
If iam not wrong, its the same for jap with port consult for shrine no?
Germany richard
Dragoon

Post by richard »

chronique wrote:
richard wrote:
If iam not wrong, its the same for jap with port consult for shrine no?
It probably is true for anything which receives a price discount in any way, for example also for vc brit manors, which cost 88.75 after vc.

The fix obviously would be to let the UI display the rounded up cost (-> 89w for a manor, 94g for rusks, etc for shrines) if you dont want to provide an insignificant and unwarranted nerf to a civilization. No need to change the real cost (93.75g) behind this. But does zoom understand this?
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Post by blackout »

I keep struggling when I play vs aztec. I feel like I can do whatever and I still die to the colo timing of them. Are there any general tips on how to play this mu as Russia?
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

blackout wrote:I keep struggling when I play vs aztec. I feel like I can do whatever and I still die to the colo timing of them. Are there any general tips on how to play this mu as Russia?
I usually go heavy on coyote runners, so that russia cannot make too many strelets. Also you should have 5-15 (depending on army sizes) puma around that you can slam in once the coyo and cossacks have engaged with each other.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

aligator92 wrote:
blackout wrote:I keep struggling when I play vs aztec. I feel like I can do whatever and I still die to the colo timing of them. Are there any general tips on how to play this mu as Russia?
I usually go heavy on coyote runners, so that russia cannot make too many strelets. Also you should have 5-15 (depending on army sizes) puma around that you can slam in once the coyo and cossacks have engaged with each other.
you know he asked for help from the russian side right :D
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

Hazza54321 wrote:
aligator92 wrote:
you know he asked for help from the russian side right :D
now I do xD
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

Cossack/strelets and don't make muskets early on or if at all for colonial play.
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon
ESO: Blastkiller

Post by Blastkiller »

Always 14 vills age and always distributivism expedition, age with 400w, just in 2 put semi defensive fb or if you are sure he builds it on the base put it aggressive. Once before making strelet if you need parts of 5 or 10 musk and 5 cossacks as an expedition, also taking a tp is not bad at all but I prefer to put immediately as 3 or 4 expedition spice trade and the economy goes up a lot
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
Germany richard
Dragoon

Post by richard »

Vs aztec russia has the following advantages which they can use:

- Steel traps, while aztecs only have hunting dogs
- Boyars, while aztecs only have coyote combat
- Musk/Cav/Skirm unit composition , while aztecs only have Cav/Pike/Skirm

Given the game plays out in age II, this means that I want to avoid fights until the armies get very large (maybe like 100 army pop). Then the steel traps have worked long enough to get an advantage out of them and boyars is very effective because it affects many units. But the most important thing for me is the unit composition advantage which only really shows when masses are very large. In low number engagements, aztecs can use macehualtin extremely effective against musks, but when both armies get very large, that is not so possible anymore and musk/cav/skirm then wins against cav/pike/skirm. These are the three things russia has to use if they want to win. Aztecs have some advantages themselves, like 3wp shipment etc., but that was not the question. That s how i see it.
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Post by blackout »

richard wrote:
Vs aztec russia has the following advantages which they can use:

- Steel traps, while aztecs only have hunting dogs
- Boyars, while aztecs only have coyote combat
- Musk/Cav/Skirm unit composition , while aztecs only have Cav/Pike/Skirm

Given the game plays out in age II, this means that I want to avoid fights until the armies get very large (maybe like 100 army pop). Then the steel traps have worked long enough to get an advantage out of them and boyars is very effective because it affects many units. But the most important thing for me is the unit composition advantage which only really shows when masses are very large. In low number engagements, aztecs can use macehualtin extremely effective against musks, but when both armies get very large, that is not so possible anymore and musk/cav/skirm then wins against cav/pike/skirm. These are the three things russia has to use if they want to win. Aztecs have some advantages themselves, like 3wp shipment etc., but that was not the question. That s how i see it.
Good man, thanks! So playing defensive and getting that critical mass in colonial is key