Chinese Discussion Thread

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: Chinese Discussion Thread

Post by zoom »

Scroogie wrote:
zoom wrote:
Scroogie wrote:Played some games vs harcha yesterday, China colonial is quite legit now, maybe too legit? Feels to me like the civs only weakness now is getting outscaled after 30min because of akward unit training, before that it's simply amazing.
Also crate starts are quite good, from what i understand they get~500 res compared to ~400 res for most other civs which is quite strong.
Why's that – Steppe Rider speed buff?
Hmm didnt think Steppes were super impactful. China gets quite a good mass early on, Keshiks are decent anticav and their eco is reasonable. Also the Keshik-Steppe army is quite useful. I only won the game where i made a ton of bows (musk get countered quite hard by ckn due to x2), and that was a real grind.
Probably China colonial wasnt too bad to begin with and ppl just needed to realize that.
I was being sarcastic. It wasn't that bad. The point I'm trying to make it's not much less bad, now, though.
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

zoom wrote:
Scroogie wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Hmm didnt think Steppes were super impactful. China gets quite a good mass early on, Keshiks are decent anticav and their eco is reasonable. Also the Keshik-Steppe army is quite useful. I only won the game where i made a ton of bows (musk get countered quite hard by ckn due to x2), and that was a real grind.
Probably China colonial wasnt too bad to begin with and ppl just needed to realize that.
I was being sarcastic. It wasn't that bad. The point I'm trying to make it's not much less bad, now, though.
Yea China is quite strong rn i feel. No idea why u ranked them average below France in ur tierlist.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

As much as I disagreed with the new armies by principle, I have to admit they are fun AF to use. Moving them to the castle seems to be a fair compromise.
I don't think I'll even make a War Academy vs FB Russia or Azzy ever again :chinese:
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Kawapasaka wrote:As much as I disagreed with the new armies by principle, I have to admit they are fun AF to use. Moving them to the castle seems to be a fair compromise.
I don't think I'll even make a War Academy vs FB Russia or Azzy ever again :chinese:
you gonna try to make do with cav+cav army? i don't think it's too stronk
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

harcha wrote:
Kawapasaka wrote:As much as I disagreed with the new armies by principle, I have to admit they are fun AF to use. Moving them to the castle seems to be a fair compromise.
Nah not the colonial castle army - FF and spam the fortress one. I've been trying making a castle in colonial as a substitute for CM (requires extremely frustrating building placement and straight-up isn't possible on many maps due to trees/tp line, etc.) and doing a slightly slower FF with it - especially useful on crap crate starts because in these MUs making a transition TP is barely viable. But I sadly learned just today this isn't an option against Aztec because the castle has a negative multiplier against siege troopers and doesn't one-shot Pumas in combination with TC fire as a result. Still would build the castle from 700w though. The brooken army is miles better than anything you can make at the War Academy vs age 2 Azzy, and Russia in most cases too.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

isnt the ff castle harmy kind of hard countered by pumas since meteor hammers are abit fragile and changdaos have relatively low melee reisit which is important against pumas which have high base attack
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

What's the point of the negative multiplier vs siege troopers on the castle? Do any other buildings have it? I can't remember.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

helln00 wrote:isnt the ff castle harmy kind of hard countered by pumas since meteor hammers are abit fragile and changdaos have relatively low melee reisit which is important against pumas which have high base attack
it is not a hard counter as the 4 changs are superduper cheap and the 2 meteors have no problem running away. combine this with a small skirm batch and your piki are dead quite quicki
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Kawapasaka wrote:
harcha wrote:
Nah not the colonial castle army - FF and spam the fortress one. I've been trying making a castle in colonial as a substitute for CM (requires extremely frustrating building placement and straight-up isn't possible on many maps due to trees/tp line, etc.) and doing a slightly slower FF with it - especially useful on crap crate starts because in these MUs making a transition TP is barely viable. But I sadly learned just today this isn't an option against Aztec because the castle has a negative multiplier against siege troopers and doesn't one-shot Pumas in combination with TC fire as a result. Still would build the castle from 700w though. The brooken army is miles better than anything you can make at the War Academy vs age 2 Azzy, and Russia in most cases too.
i tried it for a day (see video on page 21) and i came to the conclusion that it is much better to incorporate a blockhouse or a fort in your build rather than make war academy/castle due to defensive abilities and adaptation advantages
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

helln00 wrote:isnt the ff castle army kind of hard countered by pumas since meteor hammers are abit fragile and changdaos have relatively low melee reisit which is important against pumas which have high base attack
Nah, Pumas lose to Changdaos. And their melee resist is the same. Pumas are an excellent pike, but at the end of the day still a pike, and pikes to lose to every other style of heavy infantry. Flails are also worse than normal vs age 2 Azzy; against Skirm-Goon civs they're a solid range resist tank and do decent damage to kiting RI masses with their multiplier but against Aztec your cav really only gets onto the Mace when you've already won the fight regardless. The vital thing is having cav that can do good DPS (Changdao damage is a bit underwhelming against Coyotes) without dying instantly, and now you can avoid making the shitty Flails altogether and replace them a unit that blocks all of Aztec's melee mass efficiently while Meteors whip away safely from behind.

On top of that, China is typically forced to send nothing but unit shipments, making Skirm/Sword batches extra sad since 10 skirms + 8 age up skirms + palace batches already provide all the RI you'll ever need. So really neither the Territorial nor the Forbidden army complements unit shipment spam in mid fortress very well. There's rarely time for mercs either, so the huge anti-cav bolster provided by Manchus is off the table. And lastly, there's the Crow. The last thing you want to protect this is a bunch of squishy skirms you couldn't stop overmaking. Blockers, blockers, and more blockers. Oh, and Coyotes are Aztec's only cardable unit in age 2 and the one they want to be spamming the most, so having a counter-army to that is nice.

So yeah the new army is situationally pretty good. All of this applies to lesser extent vs Age 2 Russia.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

ur not making enough flamethrowers
oranges.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Aizamk wrote:ur not making enough flamethrowers
Even better, Brooken army would complement flamethrowers perfectly as well.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

I'm with aiz on this one, melee deathball is gonna intensify with flames mixed in lol
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

floating a very dumb idea but, what if iron flails have 2 area range instead of 1, how broken would it be?

it would be essentially half a cuir that is slightly less pop efficient, potentially double range resist and grinds skirms like no tommorow.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

China needs no buffs to its cav :lol:
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

dansil92 wrote:China needs no buffs to its cav :lol:
Let's concentrate on making spahis trainable at mosque instead
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

duckzilla wrote: Let's concentrate on making spahis trainable at mosque instead
Trainable irontroop on wonder!!
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

duckzilla wrote:
Let's concentrate on making spahis trainable at mosque instead
tbh i don't see a problem with having spahis trainable in saloon same as ronin for euro civs and troops/jats/yojimbos for asian civs (after the advanced saloon has been sent of course)
Georgia Qosashvili93
Dragoon
ESO: Qosashvili93

Post by Qosashvili93 »

#trainablespahis
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

I was just comparing in my head whether China is more op if they have RE old han or super cav
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

helln00 wrote:
I was just comparing in my head whether China is more op if they have RE old han or super cav
Super cav. RE old han is OP but games rarely go to a point where the auto-win is in play, but china's FI without it is still insane and very very viable.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

helln00 wrote:
giphy (11).gif
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

@EAGLEMUT did you ever get round to looking at the fattening rate for livestock on the villages yet?
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

wardyb1 wrote:What's the point of the negative multiplier vs siege troopers on the castle? Do any other buildings have it? I can't remember.
IIRC it’s because Galleons are siege troopers and supposed to be resistant to building damage.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Galleons lol. I forgot that unit was even in the game
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.