French Discussion Thread

Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Re: French Discussion Thread

Post by Kawapasaka »

Simples wrote:Has there ever been a thought of putting a cap on how many cuirs france can make, say 15 to 20?

Interested to hear people's opinions as i cant see it breaking france in the early game but should stop the pure gendarme mass at late game which is just boring.

Late-game pure Gendarme isn't really viable except maybe vs China from my treaty experience.
Great Britain Simples
Crossbow

Post by Simples »

Kawapasaka wrote:Late-game pure Gendarme isn't really viable except maybe vs China from my treaty experience.

Team games its pretty viable!
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Why make 40 gen when u can make 30 ish gend with 15 skirms behind and be twice as effective
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Simples wrote:
Kawapasaka wrote:Late-game pure Gendarme isn't really viable except maybe vs China from my treaty experience.

Team games its pretty viable!

Well all team games are about is spamming your civ's most OP unit so whatever.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

such unit limitations are not really common amongst Europeans, if we want to fix Gendarmes' OP-ness in late game, we should make their stats scale off of their colonial ones, not veteran, which is something the treaty patchers has already done, as far as I'm concerned :geek:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Neutral, no need to change anything.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

somppukunkku wrote:Neutral, no need to change anything.

Yea, the civ is bad in a tournament setting with unique maps, but it's good overall.
Germany SolarProminence
Crossbow

Post by SolarProminence »

Hi I looked at why the French economy is superior to others and came up with a for me satisfying answer so i thought I might as well post a wall of text here. I don't know if French even need to be fixed (I don't think they do), but here is one possible solution:

"Nobody would argue that a Settler Wagon is in any signifant way superior to 2 settlers.
If anything it's more of a hindrance since you can lose both "villagers" at the same time. So why are the French CdB superior?
I'm going to argue that it's an illusion and that their advantage lies mainly in the early game, same as with the Germans.

Let's look at them in detail. They start the game with 6.25 villagers (5*1.25). 0.25 villagers will gather about 37.8 resources over
the course of the first 3 Minutes (0,84*0,25*180). Their first shipment is 3 CdB, or 3.75 regular villagers.
Almost as good as the German card "2 Settler Wagons". They will age up either at 2:30 with 13CdB (16.25 vils) or at 3:00 with
14CdB (=17.5 vils!). It is no wonder why they have a head start early in the game.

The second implication is that of *population efficiency*. A CdB only takes up 1 population slot instead of 1.25.
This may not sound like a big deal but it does make a big difference early on. Not having to build one or two additional houses
frees up wood for military units, buildings, market upgrades, or simply not having too chop as much wood. This is the second part of
the reason why they can pull off a semi FF better then any other civilisation in the game.

Proposed balance changes:
- reduce the 3CdB card to 2 CdB. This way they will age up at the regular 3:00 with 13CdB=16.25 villagers. Which is good but not OP.
- reduce their maximum population cap to 180. This will mean they only have a 100 pop army instead of 120, but with a full economy of
80CdB=100 vils and 2 Factories."
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

lol
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

nice joke
Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

SolarProminence wrote:Hi I looked at why the French economy is superior to others and came up with a for me satisfying answer so i thought I might as well post a wall of text here. I don't know if French even need to be fixed (I don't think they do), but here is one possible solution:

"Nobody would argue that a Settler Wagon is in any signifant way superior to 2 settlers.
If anything it's more of a hindrance since you can lose both "villagers" at the same time. So why are the French CdB superior?
I'm going to argue that it's an illusion and that their advantage lies mainly in the early game, same as with the Germans.

Let's look at them in detail. They start the game with 6.25 villagers (5*1.25). 0.25 villagers will gather about 37.8 resources over
the course of the first 3 Minutes (0,84*0,25*180). Their first shipment is 3 CdB, or 3.75 regular villagers.
Almost as good as the German card "2 Settler Wagons". They will age up either at 2:30 with 13CdB (16.25 vils) or at 3:00 with
14CdB (=17.5 vils!). It is no wonder why they have a head start early in the game.

The second implication is that of *population efficiency*. A CdB only takes up 1 population slot instead of 1.25.
This may not sound like a big deal but it does make a big difference early on. Not having to build one or two additional houses
frees up wood for military units, buildings, market upgrades, or simply not having too chop as much wood. This is the second part of
the reason why they can pull off a semi FF better then any other civilisation in the game.

- reduce the 3CdB card to 2 CdB. This way they will age up at the regular 3:00 with 13CdB=16.25 villagers. Which is good but not OP.
- reduce their maximum population cap to 180. This will mean they only have a 100 pop army instead of 120, but with a full economy of
Considering cdbs are the French civ bonus, totally negating their advantages doesn't make sense. Might as well give France regular settlers then.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

When you troll on aoe3 forum and theyr surprised of your strong shitpost (for your suggestion strong) and says "nice joke" even though you arent joking...my respond always: "thank you for the support"
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

well in treaty this is a pretty unfair advantage, so he has a point. But in sup it rarely matters.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Kaiserklein wrote:
SolarProminence wrote:Hi I looked at why the French economy is superior to others and came up with a for me satisfying answer so i thought I might as well post a wall of text here. I don't know if French even need to be fixed (I don't think they do), but here is one possible solution:

Considering cdbs are the French civ bonus, totally negating their advantages doesn't make sense. Might as well give France regular settlers then.
Then we'd have to hear the french woman's voice all the time, and it's terrifying

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

We need female cdbs
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

This is a joke, right?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

lordraphael wrote:well in treaty this is a pretty unfair advantage, so he has a point. But in sup it rarely matters.
SUP<TR. Dick and Lukas are living proof.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

In games like AoE3, an economy is not just the amount of resources acquired over time, but also the quality and cost effectiveness of what you want to do with the resources: producing units. The French economy profits from two things at the same time: a good resource generation as well as a large variety of cost and pop efficient units. In the early game, the former is more impactful (e.g. via better vill shipments). The longer the game goes, the better the relative cost/pop efficiency of French units becomes (upgrade cards, especially the one for cheaper cuirs).

The French economy is perceived as very strong because it does not have any downsides. While the German economy can profit from high resource generation, due to an effective vill limit of 139 instead of 99, its units are both less cost and pop efficient as French units (worse skirm due to lack of HC dmg card, worse cavalry due to pop inefficiency, worse artillery due to the French age IV card). The Ottomans have cost efficient units (good artillery, very cost/pop efficient musketeer, good cavalry), but they lack potential regarding resource generation as well as variety in its unit compositions. While all (?) other civs have their strengths and weaknesses regarding resource generation, pop/cost efficiency and unit variety, France just got it all.

The better your units are, the more resources you can either invest in future resource generation or simply stockpile.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Fucking @samwise12 was just laming an OP civ this whole time. I bet he's PR 28 at max with a real man's civ, like Spain. CMC? No, smh.
No Flag juhjuh
Musketeer
ESO: MIstress_Shy

Post by juhjuh »

Kawapasaka wrote:

This is a joke, right?
thats it i, would also suggest 4sw in age 1 for ger and Maybe reduce cuir hp to 200? great commant thx