Ottomans Discussion Thread

Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Re: Ottomans Discussion Thread

Post by aqwer »

harcha wrote:Don't see why you so desperately want to add more spahis. Otto has royal guard hussars.

Disregarding the above, imo it would make more sense for auto train spahis similar to bombards. For example add a fortress tech in mosque that costs 500/500/500 which turns mosque into a factory for spahi.
Otto Huss suck. And spahi are just barely useable with few shipments. I think making spahi trainable in stable will add a nice dynamic to the game.
#trainableSpahi
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Maybe a shipment similar to spanish gold - every next shipment comes with a complementary spahi. IMO this would make more sense than training spahi. You might as well train rockets as brit because it would be a nice dynamic... and there is a precedent too - the campaign.

That or a card that lets you train them in saloon. The problem is that the trained spahi should have an additional counter like spies/ninjas counter regular mercs, otherwise they are just too stronk
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

harcha wrote:Maybe a shipment similar to spanish gold - every next shipment comes with a complementary spahi. IMO this would make more sense than training spahi. You might as well train rockets as brit because it would be a nice dynamic... and there is a precedent too - the campaign.

That or a card that lets you train them in saloon. The problem is that the trained spahi should have an additional counter like spies/ninjas counter regular mercs, otherwise they are just too stronk
That is a nice idea, it should give you 2 spahi and 2 spahi with every shipment after that
#trainableSpahi
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

aqwer wrote:
harcha wrote:Maybe a shipment similar to spanish gold - every next shipment comes with a complementary spahi. IMO this would make more sense than training spahi. You might as well train rockets as brit because it would be a nice dynamic... and there is a precedent too - the campaign.

That is a nice idea, it should give you 2 spahi and 2 spahi with every shipment after that
lolno
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

harcha wrote:
aqwer wrote:

lolno
:uglylol:
#trainableSpahi
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Just stop
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

This is just clogging the thread with tripe at this point.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Kebab seems decent. The only change I'd be willing to make is nerf abus slighly vs inf (and/or) art and buff slightly vs ranged cav. This should be done the way that their overall strength remains quite the same.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

@Kaiserklein if you can't add anything constructive to the discussion then please don't discourage others.
#trainableSpahi
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

aqwer wrote:@Kaiserklein if you can't add anything constructive to the discussion then please don't discourage others.
I'm asking you to stop so that people can actually have a constructive and useful discussion, instead of the nonsense you're spewing.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

aqwer wrote:@Kaiserklein if you can't add anything constructive to the discussion then please don't discourage others.
You are not always constructive as well, as your following statement shows
aqwer wrote:Otto Huss suck. And spahi are just barely useable with few shipments.
Both of these statements are just unjustified opinions. If this is the level you want to discuss the issue on, then Kaiserklein is totally correct in asking you to just stop the useless discussion.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

duckzilla wrote:
You are not always constructive as well, as your following statement shows
aqwer wrote:Otto Huss suck. And spahi are just barely useable with few shipments.
Both of these statements are just unjustified opinions. If this is the level you want to discuss the issue on, then Kaiserklein is totally correct in asking you to just stop the useless discussion.
Otto Huss though RG but they are inferior to french ones so what's the point.
And yes I have only saw 5 spahi shipment and rarely 3 age up or 6 spahi. And mostly they just focused down quickly.
#trainableSpahi
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

They are only inferior to French ones if 1. the player invested two more shipments into cav upgrades than you and 2. if the French player actually builds hussars.
However, Ottoman hussars are still better than Portuguese or Dutch hussars in any case. So: no, they do not suck.

Your statement of "spahi are just barely usable with few shipments" implies either that the unit is bad and only gets better after cav combat is sent or that the unit is bad and additionally there are not many unit shipments for it. However, the unit is not bad. It is the strongest single unit in the game, which is exactly why it gets focussed down.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Huss just never suck lol. It's a strong unit and cav combat is a great upgrade that will be enough in most games, unless it goes late game, in which case you have the royal guard upgrade so it's fine for otto anyway. The only thing would be that you'd maybe like to have cav hp/attack for extended colonial play, but that has really nothing to do with spahis anyway.

3 spahis age up is the best age up you can use in most games, because they're auto upped to guard spahis which are almost as good as imperial cuirs (same hp, less damage, 1 more area). Like 3 guard spahis probably clean up 15 vet musks or something. Sometimes you age with the coin or the huss if you wanna revolt though.
For the same reason, 6 spahis is strong. It's just that 1) you don't go industrial very often anyway 2) if you do you also need great bombars and factories, so you usually don't have 6 spahis in deck.
5 spahis is good too in some situations. Essentially they're not very good vs skirm goon, but strong vs unit compositions with HI.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Spahi is basically the best cav in the game except for the rr% which prevents them to be OP af. In fact the same thing should be done for urumi too.
Image Image Image
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Garja wrote:Spahi is basically the best cav in the game except for the rr% which prevents them to be OP af. In fact the same thing should be done for urumi too.
Best Cav but can't use them much :uglylol:
#trainableSpahi
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

aqwer wrote:
Garja wrote:Spahi is basically the best cav in the game except for the rr% which prevents them to be OP af. In fact the same thing should be done for urumi too.
Isn't that how it's supposed to be?
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

edeholland wrote:
aqwer wrote:
And we are doing things as they are supposed to be...
Ahm ahm karni mata teepees
#trainableSpahi
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

aqwer wrote:
edeholland wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I mean how things are supposed to be balanced in general. A unit that is very powerful should be more rare. I don't see why it's troubling that Ottoman have (one of the) best cav units but can't use them every game.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

edeholland wrote:
aqwer wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I mean how things are supposed to be balanced in general. A unit that is very powerful should be more rare. I don't see why it's troubling that Ottoman have (one of the) best cav units but can't use them every game.
Then what about urumi, they is infinite shipment for them.
#trainableSpahi
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

aqwer wrote:
edeholland wrote:
Show hidden quotes
India doesnt get artilery and has no real answer to massed infantry without urumi. Otto has decent hussars and mamelukes, spahi are a shock trooper not a necessity
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

The answer to mass infantry is its own infantry. Also India cav is specifically good vs infantry.
Image Image Image
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

dansil92 wrote:
aqwer wrote:
Show hidden quotes
India doesnt get artilery and has no real answer to massed infantry without urumi. Otto has decent hussars and mamelukes, spahi are a shock trooper not a necessity
Otto doesn't has mamelukes , it has a shipment of 4 Mam's.
And by the same reasoning India has jat lancers.
India is just a broken civ, age 2 skirm goon,
lancer type fast Cav, areaa damage high up Cav, very high att/hp ranged Cav, culverin and mortar in one unit, xp generation mechanism, free vil with each shipment, broken musk type unit, and cherry on top is urumi.

Urumi is way better than spahi for what they do. Just bcz tad developer didn't care for balancing vanilla.
Same logic for flying crow cycle freeze on no pop but factory Canon doesn't. Fuck this duplicity.
Few EP team members know these things but doesn't have balls to implement.
#trainableSpahi
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

aqwer wrote:
dansil92 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Otto doesn't has mamelukes , it has a shipment of 4 Mam's.
And by the same reasoning India has jat lancers.
India is just a broken civ, age 2 skirm goon,
lancer type fast Cav, areaa damage high up Cav, very high att/hp ranged Cav, culverin and mortar in one unit, xp generation mechanism, free vil with each shipment, broken musk type unit, and cherry on top is urumi.

Urumi is way better than spahi for what they do. Just bcz tad developer didn't care for balancing vanilla.
Same logic for flying crow cycle freeze on no pop but factory Canon doesn't. Fuck this duplicity.
Few EP team members know these things but doesn't have balls to implement.
why do you compare ottos with india, the otto are not infinite spahis but are not weak as far as india is concerned, does not make sense there
Image Image
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

aqwer wrote: Same logic for flying crow cycle freeze on no pop but factory Canon doesn't. Fuck this duplicity.
I'am not agree with your post but that is true, it's a little shame.