User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 7767
ESO: Garja

26 May 2019, 13:25

No, that's bs. It is because of that and because of all other things. The "it's because they rush fast" is basically pr20 argument.
You said, RE iro won't be that good on EP maps. I tell you, RE iro would be hands down best civ even on EP maps, even tho it would be more balanced.
User avatar
Finland somppukunkku
Jaeger
Donator 02
Posts: 2624

26 May 2019, 13:27

Let me quote you:

"- it has shit tons of resources and Iro usually benefit from mid resources map because they get way more stuff for free than let's say French."
Definitely not the case on RE maps?
Co-Founder of Somali Kabuli Gaming
Homo management SKG
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 7767
ESO: Garja

26 May 2019, 13:28

somppukunkku wrote:Let me quote you:

"- it has shit tons of resources and Iro usually benefit from mid resources map because they get way more stuff for free than let's say French."
Definitely not the case on RE maps?

I just said that's one factor, but other things still matter. If momentum was the only thing then yes, stuff like heavy walling or CM ports would stop Iro which is simply not the case because of all other advantages.
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 9785
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

26 May 2019, 13:30

-200w is a huge nerf, and that's why Iro went from top civ to average.
Also to be honest, RE Iro might well lose to Germany on EP maps with a wood start.
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 7767
ESO: Garja

26 May 2019, 13:32

Probably close but still RE Iro are better. Starting TP is what changes the MU in that case.
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
NWC LAN 4th place
Posts: 7641
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

26 May 2019, 14:02

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Garja wrote:You do get farm upgrades if you have the farm? Also 20% wood up.

If you have the farm, that's a big "if". You can't build a farm on a non wood start, and going for a TP is just better on wood starts.
And wood upgrade is totally irrelevant, as you're never going to gather enough wood for it to be worth.

That's not true. TP is meh for iro because you don't get the first xp on most maps, since you have to chop 100w before you can build the TP. So you get your 3 vils late and end up aging late.
Instead with the farm, you get 80 xp so it easily makes up for chopping 25w since you get 3v earlier. And the tier 1 farm upgrade is alright, especially since you usually have extra gold. And obviously it's op on livestock maps
Can sirmusket calculate 5x - x??
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
User avatar
Finland somppukunkku
Jaeger
Donator 02
Posts: 2624

26 May 2019, 14:04

play iro india now? @Kaiserklein
Co-Founder of Somali Kabuli Gaming
Homo management SKG
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
NWC LAN 4th place
Posts: 7641
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

26 May 2019, 14:55

Yeah I'll come online soon
Can sirmusket calculate 5x - x??
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01
Posts: 6246

26 May 2019, 16:19

We lock drama threads immediately but not this pile of nerdy irrelevant ass
User avatar
Finland somppukunkku
Jaeger
Donator 02
Posts: 2624

26 May 2019, 16:58

result
Attachments
counter.PNG
counter.PNG (30.69 KiB) Viewed 383 times
Co-Founder of Somali Kabuli Gaming
Homo management SKG
User avatar
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor
EPL Reigning Champs
Posts: 7980

26 May 2019, 17:17

[Armag] diarouga wrote:-200w is a huge nerf, and that's why Iro went from top civ to average.
Also to be honest, RE Iro might well lose to Germany on EP maps with a wood start.
Do you even hold the rush? I feel like you just die because you never get to age.
User avatar
Canada dansil92
Lancer
Posts: 663
ESO: dansil92

26 May 2019, 17:50

Kaiserklein wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Garja wrote:You do get farm upgrades if you have the farm? Also 20% wood up.

If you have the farm, that's a big "if". You can't build a farm on a non wood start, and going for a TP is just better on wood starts.
And wood upgrade is totally irrelevant, as you're never going to gather enough wood for it to be worth.

That's not true. TP is meh for iro because you don't get the first xp on most maps, since you have to chop 100w before you can build the TP. So you get your 3 vils late and end up aging late.
Instead with the farm, you get 80 xp so it easily makes up for chopping 25w since you get 3v earlier. And the tier 1 farm upgrade is alright, especially since you usually have extra gold. And obviously it's op on livestock maps


I think this is often overlooked with iro, a farm start is SO STRONG because the xp (early 3 vills) a way to use a bit of extra coin from treasures for what is essentially steel traps for a native civ, it raises your score by 4 (intimidation to an opponent) and a way to fatten livestock and guarantee a food supply on lower hunt maps. Chopping 25 wood for a longhouse is absolutely nothing compared to the farm benefits.
Image
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 9785
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

26 May 2019, 18:07

Goodspeed wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:-200w is a huge nerf, and that's why Iro went from top civ to average.
Also to be honest, RE Iro might well lose to Germany on EP maps with a wood start.
Do you even hold the rush? I feel like you just die because you never get to age.

iirc on the RE you could hold the rush. The scary thing was the Iro semi ff from my experience.
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
NWC LAN 4th place
Posts: 7641
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

06 Jun 2019, 15:32

somppukunkku wrote:result

Lol obviously you had to show off with these games even if I was hangover like shit and played super bad. Anyway that's the games we played on another day...
Attachments
Sans titre.jpg
Sans titre.jpg (75.29 KiB) Viewed 278 times
Can sirmusket calculate 5x - x??
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
NWC LAN 4th place
Posts: 7641
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

06 Jun 2019, 15:51

Can we do something about this civ? It's literally the same as on RE whenever you get an xp treasure or a small wood treasure on wood start. You're able to fast age and rush just like good ol times. It's just op.
Some links:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/430604377?t=1h13m
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/430604377?t=1h27m30s
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/433555279?t=1h11m

In fact, it's arguably even better than on RE because you start with 200 extra food, so you're sometimes able to fast age with a 14v or even 13v age up lol. In the second link I'm up at 2:45 with a shipment ready (or almost), it's just so absurd... And even if you didn't get a TP in age 1 you can chop and build it at like 4 min anyway lol.

And when you don't get to build a TP in age 1 or a big xp treasure, iros are still really strong, no matter what people say about it.

I'm not sure what nerf to propose though. I'll try to think about it and figure something out.
Can sirmusket calculate 5x - x??
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
User avatar
Finland somppukunkku
Jaeger
Donator 02
Posts: 2624

06 Jun 2019, 17:02

U crop my win away lol. And I played terrible those games. No way iros deserve nerf. You can only get "RE start" with perfect treasures. And if you fast age, you are punished with no age up reward and no fast age to fortress. lol.

They have weaknesses like no artillery and not good eco. Pace is their strength and of course should not be nerfed. Same as aztecs.

And btw, those are 3 good maps with renegados, atleast a few tps and a lot of good treas. Good iro maps.
Co-Founder of Somali Kabuli Gaming
Homo management SKG
No Flag deleted_user
Gendarme
Posts: 9997

06 Jun 2019, 17:44

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:-200w is a huge nerf, and that's why Iro went from top civ to average.
Also to be honest, RE Iro might well lose to Germany on EP maps with a wood start.
Do you even hold the rush? I feel like you just die because you never get to age.

iirc on the RE you could hold the rush. The scary thing was the Iro semi ff from my experience.


re iro age2 destroys india. semi ff or ff works too tbh, but only on tp maps. age2 iro works on any map including water. tho on water you might want to semi fi.
No Flag deleted_user
Gendarme
Posts: 9997

06 Jun 2019, 17:48

Kaiserklein wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Garja wrote:You do get farm upgrades if you have the farm? Also 20% wood up.

If you have the farm, that's a big "if". You can't build a farm on a non wood start, and going for a TP is just better on wood starts.
And wood upgrade is totally irrelevant, as you're never going to gather enough wood for it to be worth.

That's not true. TP is meh for iro because you don't get the first xp on most maps, since you have to chop 100w before you can build the TP. So you get your 3 vils late and end up aging late.
Instead with the farm, you get 80 xp so it easily makes up for chopping 25w since you get 3v earlier. And the tier 1 farm upgrade is alright, especially since you usually have extra gold. And obviously it's op on livestock maps


you should get the pass on most maps actually, and where you don't, it's usually because the route is quite short so it's not that big of a deal if you miss one pass. since iro starts with so much wood, basically you just send 2v to wood asap, as soon as you have 100f and 100w gathered, you send 2 more. then 1 vil just collects the other food crates.
User avatar
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
Posts: 1154
ESO: bwinner

06 Jun 2019, 17:50

Overall somppu has a 42% winrate as india vs kaiser's iro while he has a 35% winrate vs kaiserklein overall, so if we take only their games as a reference, it shows that the MU is india favoured.
Image
User avatar
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor
EPL Reigning Champs
Posts: 7980

06 Jun 2019, 17:51

umeu wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Show hidden quotes

iirc on the RE you could hold the rush. The scary thing was the Iro semi ff from my experience.

re iro age2 destroys india. semi ff or ff works too tbh, but only on tp maps. age2 iro works on any map including water. tho on water you might want to semi fi.
That was about Germans
No Flag deleted_user
Gendarme
Posts: 9997

06 Jun 2019, 17:52

Goodspeed wrote:
umeu wrote:
Show hidden quotes
That was about Germans

re iro age2 destroys india. semi ff or ff works too tbh, but only on tp maps. age2 iro works on any map including water. tho on water you might want to semi fi.


ah, in that case ye, ger can hold the rush on some maps and starts.
User avatar
Sweden tabben
Dragoon
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
Posts: 474
ESO: tabben

06 Jun 2019, 17:58

Iroquois overpowered confirmed.
Image
Image

Image

*Jeri lames a forward agra vill with nootka*
ramex19 (veni): such nooby shit i will lame you with nats forever
User avatar
Finland somppukunkku
Jaeger
Donator 02
Posts: 2624

06 Jun 2019, 18:27

Wow, 4 games more than 4 min 10 secs.
Co-Founder of Somali Kabuli Gaming
Homo management SKG
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 7767
ESO: Garja

06 Jun 2019, 18:28

as if it counts shit
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 9785
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

06 Jun 2019, 18:41

bwinner1 wrote:Overall somppu has a 42% winrate as india vs kaiser's iro while he has a 35% winrate vs kaiserklein overall, so if we take only their games as a reference, it shows that the MU is india favoured.

This or maybe is it because Somppu was worse when they played their first games and he improved since then. Or because the other MUs he plays are worse.

Probably a bit of both actually.

Forum Info

Return to “ESOC Civilizations Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests