Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Re: Spanish Discussion Thread

Post by Sargsyan »

gamevideo113 wrote:
Shikari wrote:Am i the only one who want auto upgraded vet rods.

That could be an idea for a non-shit spanish politician

you think that'd be better than 800 res worth 4 hussar ?
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

zoom wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:Asians can get it through consulate, maybe not all of them though. Japan has its own arsenal in the golden pavilion. Native civs are an issue, maybe upgrades can be added to the WH / native stable
Literally only Japanese, and literally only Aztecs, respectively.
Oh. Lol. Add whatever consulate gets the arsenal to the other asian civs then? :unsure:
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

zoom wrote:Well, I don't disagree, entirely, with you. Regardless, it's important to acknowledge everyone's opinion, whether you agree with it or not.

True.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Goodspeed wrote:
zoom wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:Asians can get it through consulate, maybe not all of them though. Japan has its own arsenal in the golden pavilion. Native civs are an issue, maybe upgrades can be added to the WH / native stable
Literally only Japanese, and literally only Aztecs, respectively.
Oh. Lol. Add whatever consulate gets the arsenal to the other asian civs then? :unsure:

Just make all the consulate allies available to all Asian civs. Somppu is always complaining about India having no cannons and no cav, let's give them a factory for heavies :kinggreen:
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Sargsyan wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:
Shikari wrote:Am i the only one who want auto upgraded vet rods.

That could be an idea for a non-shit spanish politician

Not on a naked ff but most of the other times yeah. Maybe 2 rods and veteran rods would be more appropriate anyway
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

gamevideo113 wrote:
Sargsyan wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Not on a naked ff but most of the other times yeah. Maybe 2 rods and veteran rods would be more appropriate anyway

No, 4 huss is just better than a 200w/200c upgrade.
India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Post by Shikari »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

To upgrade rods you have to idle your rax which is for a long time your only production facility plus rods shipement just get better cause now you can use fortress age shipments instead of colonial age one but i agree not a age up politician but just a normal buff like dutch skirms. To me it sounds fairs and not game breaking tbh.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Shikari wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Show hidden quotes

To upgrade rods you have to idle your rax which is for a long time your only production facility plus rods shipement just get better cause now you can use fortress age shipments instead of colonial age one but i agree not a age up politician but just a normal buff like dutch skirms. To me it sounds fairs and not game breaking tbh.

If you care about iddling your rax, just build a second rax and get that 200w/200c upgrade, it would still be less expensive than training hussars.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

The reason why Spanish gold is not sent too often is that it slows you down a lot. In lot of mus you need units to defend or to reclaim some map control after ff. Spanish gold doesn't help much in that regard except vs a passive opponent. ( You have to collect crates and spend it =more time) .
I want to suggest to remove Spanish gold and give them 100coin x age# with every shipment. It will help them a bit but not too op. It can be tested.
#trainableSpahi
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I'd go for rod upgrade alone over 4 huss every day.
But anyway don't waste time on fancy changes.
Image Image Image
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

aqwer wrote:The reason why Spanish gold is not sent too often is that it slows you down a lot. In lot of mus you need units to defend or to reclaim some map control after ff. Spanish gold doesn't help much in that regard except vs a passive opponent. ( You have to collect crates and spend it =more time) .
I want to suggest to remove Spanish gold and give them 100coin x age# with every shipment. It will help them a bit but not too op. It can be tested.

You'd be giving the civ with the quickest shipment curve the best shipments, how does that make any sense?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

@Riotcoke
It's not that strong and kinda needed.
Maybe we need inspiration from eco/hp/att boost teepee (being built by inf and vils by default) , bcz that makes perfect sense. And walls are added in too

:salt: :salt: :ugly:
#trainableSpahi
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

What if spain had an extra wood crate added to their starting crates? Would that perhaps be the buff they need?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

dansil92 wrote:What if spain had an extra wood crate added to their starting crates? Would that perhaps be the buff they need?

Would be way too much.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Could just make rods shadow tech to Veteran.

To be honest though Iā€™m not even sure Spain is truly that bad. I remember thinking they were very very good when H2O was active and playing them all the time.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Mitoe wrote:Could just make rods shadow tech to Veteran.

To be honest though Iā€™m not even sure Spain is truly that bad. I remember thinking they were very very good when H2O was active and playing them all the time.
As Spain's early fortress is quite micro-dependent, the civ could only be good in Ryan's hands. I don't think it's the case for most pr30+ players.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Djigit wrote:
Mitoe wrote:Could just make rods shadow tech to Veteran.

As Spain's early fortress is quite micro-dependent, the civ could only be good in Ryan's hands. I don't think it's the case for most pr30+ players.

This. IMO, Spain is all about micro -- if you have a good BO, you can do decent in many (although not all) matchups with good micro. However, if your micro is just average/even if it's decent, but not top, chances are your 2 falcs will be lost without much payoff and then Spain often just loses.

Almost every other civ can play to their other strengths (good eco/cheese/strong units/map control/mass) and do fine with decent micro (that goes for all booming civs, but also for the classic musk heavy civs like India and also for Russia).

Obviously all civs benefit from good micro, but I feel for Spain it's especially important. A bit similar to Otto in a way - if you have good abus and 2 falc micro, Otto can be quite strong. If you don't micro your abus well and/or lose your 2 falcs easily, you just lose.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

No need to shadow tech and no need to add crates (crates can't really be touched). Just try to increase the xp bonus a bit and see how it goes. Spain is probably not bad ye.
Image Image Image
Isle of Man UpMySleeves
Dragoon
GameRanger ID: 7309280

Post by UpMySleeves »

Having to really outmicro/outplay with a civ, makes it weaker than the others? Increasing xp bonus sounds good.
Never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

Yea the civ is a bit more difficult to play than massing sepoy and click a button.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

from my recent experience the civ seems to be decent and quite fun to play with. Ill plan on playing them more to give a more detailed feedback.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Garja wrote:No need to shadow tech and no need to add crates (crates can't really be touched). Just try to increase the xp bonus a bit and see how it goes. Spain is probably not bad ye.

ye, return the xp needed for each shipment back to nilla values, and it's good. spain is fine.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I like the beta change for lancers, it may make them more viable in the end
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Does the 2 range mean that musks don't automatically get in melee mode when lancers are attacking them?
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

just like meteor hammers