Turkey breeze
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: Breezebrothers

26 Apr 2016, 16:40

can we buff spain? they are really bad in team games atm. i know its hard to balance team but atleast it canbe tried
Mitoe wrote:The only reason I don't play japan in 1v1 is cause I get flamed

Kynesie wrote:plz don't Wall much at this point, vs me its ok but do this vs garja or h2o or raphael insta Wall nerf..

ACERGAME09 wrote:They buffed dutch because Mitoe plays them
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

13 May 2016, 10:39

How do you buff this civ in next patch?
Are you still planning to give priest attack effect without card?
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

13 May 2016, 10:55

is there a "next patch"? lol
"Why don't you dare to play with me if you already know who I am? You can never beat me even if I don't cheat."
"Aoe3 is dying, and cheating keeps it alive."
——Chuan Chen(陈川)
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

13 May 2016, 11:54

Couprider wrote:is there a "next patch"? lol

Yeah. It was coming soon 2 months ago. :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

13 May 2016, 12:12

:ship: :ship: :ship: :ship:
Le lion ne s'associe pas avec le cafard ! :food: :pop:
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah
ESO: Anonymous_01

13 Jun 2016, 22:19

buff rodolero hand atk to nilla and make shipments arrive 10 seconds faster. Thats legit like all you have to do.
Cometk wrote:hi i'm cometk welcome to jackass
France iNcog
Gendarme
ESO: status = SAVED!!1²

13 Jul 2016, 14:26

:ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship:
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

15 Feb 2018, 23:35

Should "Spanish Gold" be changed in any way?
"Hazza's always playing NR10 to legitimize his crying about EP being NR10. How sad!"
"How does your game look so good – is it the monitor!?" – Arrogant_UP, 2017
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

15 Feb 2018, 23:55

Probably reverted. Was a nice try, but really not worth the big difference from RE.
Spain do need a little buff. A general nice buff would be to increase the exp requirement discount, just like on Nilla. If proven too strong I propose to compensate by nerfing the secondary units shipments back to RE status (4-> lancers, 6->5 rods, 8->7 rods).
Great Britain Hazza54321
Jaeger
Donator 01

15 Feb 2018, 23:59

keep spanish gold for teamgames, or just give them 1kgold, dont see how 1k gold is an issue anyway
VeniVidiVici_W: lol bwinner, i dont need anyone to carry me to win vs you with your noobplay
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

I find spain pretty unique and fun to play. Its kinda unfortunate that they dont really have the greatest diversity or strength of unit shipments in age 3, but I suppose that is an inherent characteristic of them. I think if you were to buff spain, it should be a slight buff.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
ESO: KTRAlN

Garja wrote:big difference from RE

It's one card, no? Neat, kind of niche, no real consensus on it's viability or not. It addresses a civilization weakness. These are the changes I like to see in EP.
he wrote a poem out of dead lovebird feathers
it tickled
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

16 Feb 2018, 00:03

You could also characterize it as
- redundant
- standardizing
- changes the game at a design level
- makes the list of ep changes overwhelming for people looking to pick ep up (again).

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02

16 Feb 2018, 00:07

Out of the last big changes made this one is the most reasonable. I still think the no gold crate is sort of a main feature of Spain. I don't really mind this card. I find it funky and too strong on paper (after just 3 cards it's 1.2k gold) but not something that breaks balance significantly enough to bother. It actually put Spain in line with the mid-game spam of 5bank Dutch or China eco FF, French semi, etc.
It just does that artificially aligning Spain with the same boring meta.
I think the shipment rate buff was worth some testing, especially because it could also buff colonial play.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

16 Feb 2018, 00:20

Does anyone have any opinion on its strength?
"Hazza's always playing NR10 to legitimize his crying about EP being NR10. How sad!"
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02

16 Feb 2018, 00:57

zoom wrote:Does anyone have any opinion on its strength?

Garja wrote: It actually put Spain in line with the mid-game spam of 5bank Dutch or China eco FF, French semi, etc.
It just does that artificially aligning Spain with the same boring meta.

Basically it makes competitive with those civs at least. Doesnt add much to other builds that involve extra cards before fortress (4 card semi FF, atp strats, etc.).
Best build is basically 700g 5v 700w SG 1k wood etc. with multiple building spam + unit cards.
Italy gamevideo113
Lancer
ESO: gamevideo113

16 Feb 2018, 01:13

I think unction is a bit underused in the current spanish meta considering the buffs it recieved. Spanish gold seems alright overall, more or less like an 8 vill shipment (probably a bit stronger).
Eat pasta, run fasta :love:
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

16 Feb 2018, 02:12

zoom wrote:Should "Spanish Gold" be changed in any way?

Imo revert, also revert the priests. As others said, was a nice try but no one actually used them, its better to just go back to re then leave the civ with a bunch on random changes that aren't used ingame.

Btw, I consider spain to be in a good spot atm (ignoring spanish gold and priests), and from previous tournaments looks like people agree, since they were even picking spain first. (and the counterpick was oto double rax, who just got a nerf in jans)
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT

16 Feb 2018, 05:19

lemmings121 wrote:

Imo revert, also revert the priests. As others said, was a nice try but no one actually used them, its better to just go back to re then leave the civ with a bunch on random changes that aren't used ingame.

Nobody uses Spanish Gold? I feel like a lot of players use Spanish Gold nowadays, here you can watch a Spanish Gold build straight from _H2O: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kabefJ2BzEA
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
EWT - Playoff
GameRanger ID: 5529322

16 Feb 2018, 10:53

People don't use Spanish gold only because they're afraid or lazy to try new builds. It's also a bit harder to do compared to the no-brain spain ff, because it makes you more vulnerable in early fort and it makes the macro a bit harder. But it's definitely a really good card and it adds depth to the civ in some cases.
Micro tricks

LoOk_tOm: I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..

iamturk:
well I have better mechanics than you
tbh tower rush is a good strat
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02

16 Feb 2018, 11:10

Unction buff is totaly fine, sligthly more viable but less OP
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

16 Feb 2018, 11:23

lemmings121 wrote:

Btw, I consider spain to be in a good spot atm (ignoring spanish gold and priests), and from previous tournaments looks like people agree, since they were even picking spain first. (and the counterpick was oto double rax, who just got a nerf in jans)
If they are underused, is it possible they are simply too weak?
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

16 Feb 2018, 11:31

zoom wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:

Yes it is possible, I wont pretend that i know everthing :P
but I'm not sure, maybe just not popular. similar to aztec that is agreed to be a solid civ, that almost noone plays.
Italy gamevideo113
Lancer
ESO: gamevideo113

16 Feb 2018, 12:08

zoom wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:

Are you referring to missionaries or the Spanish? In case you were talking about missionaries, i'd hardly argue that they are too weak. People are just too lazy to try new builds imo. They know spain as a FF civ and that's all they will keep doing. With 10 missionaries spain can compete with any civ in colonial imo (we're talking about 48% damage boost and healing between fights for 1 :ship: , 600 :wood: and 500 :coin: ), as long as they manage to get the missionaries out, which shouldn't be too hard really.
Eat pasta, run fasta :love:
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

16 Feb 2018, 12:30

Both. Thanks.

Forum Info

Return to “ESOC Civilizations Discussion”