France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
EWT - PlayoffNWC LAN Top 8
GameRanger ID: 5529322

07 Jan 2019, 18:11

Lol rods would be crazy with these stats, is this a joke?
Micro tricks

LoOk_tOm: I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..

France flontier
Skirmisher
ESO: Flontier

07 Jan 2019, 18:15

Spain units and shipment are so fine, their units are already very strong, if you guys want to buff spain, dont touch this aspect please.
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

07 Jan 2019, 20:26

exactly which unit is strong besides lancer? :hmm:
Vietnam Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01

07 Jan 2019, 20:40

Garja wrote:exactly which unit is strong besides lancer? :hmm:

tercios
VeniVidiVici_W: lol bwinner, i dont need anyone to carry me to win vs you with your noobplay
Finland somppukunkku
Jaeger
Donator 02

07 Jan 2019, 20:41

lol even lancers suck (without a few cards atleast)
When I win, it's with homo, illegal and wrong strats.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

07 Jan 2019, 21:23

not in early fortress
I drive all the time
It's no big deal
Open the door
And get behind the wheel :smile:
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02

07 Jan 2019, 22:08

lancers are ok, just very specialized unit
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

07 Jan 2019, 22:58

I think Skirm Rod Lancer is a superior composition to the standard Skirm Goon Huss though. Rods and Lancers might not be great on their own, but they synergize really well.
Vietnam Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01

08 Jan 2019, 00:05

still come to the conclusion that this civ is pure ass
VeniVidiVici_W: lol bwinner, i dont need anyone to carry me to win vs you with your noobplay
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTNWC LAN Top 8Donator 03
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

08 Jan 2019, 00:28

How to break the civ: give Lancers range just like Meteor Hammers.
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02

08 Jan 2019, 00:28

momuuu wrote:I think Skirm Rod Lancer is a superior composition to the standard Skirm Goon Huss though. Rods and Lancers might not be great on their own, but they synergize really well.

It kinda is because rods counter both hand cav and goons. Also lancers being more anti infantry unit is more beneficial than not in this situation. Obviously the combo proportion is different.
In general I don't know if it is better than skirm goon huss. It depends on ups etc. Also huss isn't the greatest cav. Cuirs are better for example.
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team

08 Jan 2019, 00:31

Seeing as that's probably a bad idea :P could also just make rods shadow tech
Finland somppukunkku
Jaeger
Donator 02

08 Jan 2019, 00:53

make lancers age 2 for colonial play ebin (worse stats than veteran tho)
When I win, it's with homo, illegal and wrong strats.
Canada dansil92
Dragoon
ESO: dansil92

08 Jan 2019, 01:50

Maybe make rods cheaper in general? They were worth the cost on nilla when they had better stats (esp siege) but they cost way too much for what you get now
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team

08 Jan 2019, 01:51

Are they? They seem alright to me, considering that the majority of hand infantry units are worthless after Colonial, but rods are not.
Vietnam Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01

08 Jan 2019, 02:22

I feel like cav combat should affect goons
No Flag ovi12
Jaeger

08 Jan 2019, 04:14

In my opinion people don’t make enough rods when going skirm rod lancer. The only job of skirm is to make sure opponent isn’t going pure goon and constantly kiting you, so should have like 10-15 of them. Next, if the rods did a good job screening the goons, you should only need 8-12 lancers to melt all those skirms fast. So just need to spam rods. Imo with 15 skirms and 12 lancers you shouldn’t be making anything else until you have like 40 rods with rod combat and rod hp. Unfortunately lancers is the unit seem to mass instead of rods.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Top 8

08 Jan 2019, 08:07

Hazza54321 wrote:still come to the conclusion that this civ is pure ass

I watched your stream yesterday, and you just played the MU wrong. Spain isn't great of course, but not that bad either.
"dia abused the explorer really well I'm impressed"
Bran6new
No Flag umeu
Gendarme

08 Jan 2019, 11:35

ovi12 wrote:In my opinion people don’t make enough rods when going skirm rod lancer. The only job of skirm is to make sure opponent isn’t going pure goon and constantly kiting you, so should have like 10-15 of them. Next, if the rods did a good job screening the goons, you should only need 8-12 lancers to melt all those skirms fast. So just need to spam rods. Imo with 15 skirms and 12 lancers you shouldn’t be making anything else until you have like 40 rods with rod combat and rod hp. Unfortunately lancers is the unit seem to mass instead of rods.

i think this is spot on. though, i would say around 20 skir is best, just to be safe and able to one shot even if some aren't in range. still though, i would like to see rods get their +1 attack back, compared to nilla.
Malta Aizamk
Lancer

08 Jan 2019, 11:48

I have to say it's really tough trying to beat a certain anonymous civ that has age 2 skirm goon, though.
rapha smurfs are out to get me
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Top 8

08 Jan 2019, 12:21

Aizamk wrote:I have to say it's really tough trying to beat a certain anonymous civ that has age 2 skirm goon, though.

Spain vs India is okay honestly.
Bran6new
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

08 Jan 2019, 12:33

ovi12 wrote:In my opinion people don’t make enough rods when going skirm rod lancer. The only job of skirm is to make sure opponent isn’t going pure goon and constantly kiting you, so should have like 10-15 of them. Next, if the rods did a good job screening the goons, you should only need 8-12 lancers to melt all those skirms fast. So just need to spam rods. Imo with 15 skirms and 12 lancers you shouldn’t be making anything else until you have like 40 rods with rod combat and rod hp. Unfortunately lancers is the unit seem to mass instead of rods.

Yeah, rod lancer is a great composition if you use it like that. Honestly, I don't even think civs can go skirm goon cav and beat it if the game is somewhat even. But the nature of spain, where it needs to be somewhat all in early on, has made people forget the potential of rods somehow.

My favorite example is Hazza vs Mitoe (I think) spain vs sioux, where hazza realizes that spain doesn't actually need to be that aggressive against Sioux, and just plays it out passively because spain's army potential was just much better. Really great game to watch in this context.
No Flag umeu
Gendarme

08 Jan 2019, 12:42

which game was that...? sioux should just trash spain on ep.
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Top 8

08 Jan 2019, 12:45

umeu wrote:which game was that...? sioux should just trash spain on ep.

I don't think so.
Bran6new
No Flag umeu
Gendarme

08 Jan 2019, 13:00

we had this discussion before, and we played the mu. iirc we were like 2-2 or something. or maybe you won 1 more but that was before sioux had the teepees even. so now i dont think spain can really do much. cuz iirc, you did like a sort of semi. which shouldnt be scary anymore with teepees. well played sioux can keep up with Fre economically.

Forum Info

Return to “ESOC Civilizations Discussion”