Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

11 Jan 2019, 00:04

it's not great, is it? you get pretty much the same type of unit, and you have to send a card for it... in age 3; besides, unlike other shipments, rods don't get shadow-tech'd; you could also argue Tirailleurs give you ranged infantry for ranged infantry, but naturally skirms are superior to xbows
Le lion ne s'associe pas avec le cafard ! :food: :pop:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

11 Jan 2019, 00:07

The transformation cards generally aren't very good. Rather than trying to get value out of transforming shitty units into slightly better units, its often better to just make the good units in the first place and ship those good units/crates.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
EWT - Playoff
GameRanger ID: 5529322

11 Jan 2019, 00:13

It can definitely work as a surprise, especially since your opponent is likely to mass heavy inf if you make a lot of axes, so turning these into rr can let you get a great fight. But it can also totally fail and be just bad. Not sure about using it against spain ff, you'll have to time it very well, else your opponent will get skirms out and be just fine. But against something like colonial musks mass or musk huss, it could be fine.
Micro tricks

LoOk_tOm: I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..

iamturk:
well I have better mechanics than you
tbh tower rush is a good strat
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

11 Jan 2019, 00:28

Transformation card are mostly played for the tactical element (switching unit to the direct counter) rather than for value. In fact only viable transformation cards do exactly that.
China transformation might be borderline because it includes the cost of the upgrades (and so does Sioux one actually). But like Spanish one is completely garbage.
Suvorov reforms card is great because, not only it transforms units to a different type that cost more, but also basically double the amount of musketeers you can have in the same time frame.
Finland somppukunkku
Howdah
Donator 02

11 Jan 2019, 00:47

lol that transformation card is totally shit. to reach the magical 1k value, which is atleast required, u need 30 shitbows. And then, if your opponent runs some cav to you (assuming u only want to train shitbow for value), you can aswell uninstall aoe.

only reason I can imagine to use it is to "train age 3 unit" during age up. But because spanish eco is worse than in venezuela atm, u r likely to get like 10 out xD
When I win, it's with homo, illegal and wrong strats.
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02

11 Jan 2019, 00:57

which card are you talking about
Finland somppukunkku
Howdah
Donator 02

11 Jan 2019, 00:57

xbow --> skirm

ruski cuka blyat card can be ok I guess. dunno about china, only civ I dont play.
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02

11 Jan 2019, 01:04

ah that's the french one. Ye that's not great because it's the same unit type and the rare times you might age up with many xbows it's prob better to just vet them.
Finland somppukunkku
Howdah
Donator 02

11 Jan 2019, 01:05

wtf I thought we talking about that one. Didn't know which transformation spanish have. Just assumed that as its discussed here.
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02

11 Jan 2019, 01:44

pike into rods :hehe:
Germany duckzilla
Skirmisher

11 Jan 2019, 06:56

Pike into rods is such an irrelevant card that people do not even remember its existence. It gives you none of the following potential benefits: 1) change into a different unit type, 2) upgrading to a better version of the same unit type, 3) change into a unit which was not available to mass beforehand (RR not available in age II), 4) saving resources by shadow teching or change into more expensive unit.

Rods are not even that much more expensive than (80res vs 100res), given that they are food heavier and dont cost wood. You could just start building rods directly. Also, it is like infinitely worse than Tirailleurs (xbow->skirm), since the latter one at least makes the originally built xbows upgradeable to guard/imperial skirms. Spanish pikes are upgradeable anyway, though they tend not to last long enough to make this viable. Finally... who even builds an amount of pikes (50+) to make this whole thing viable?
"To counter the pike-boom, you must become the pike-boom." - Karl V. (HRE)
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

11 Jan 2019, 12:08

As Pecelot notes, Spanish is slated to be buffed with the next release. Additional general buffs were initially considered, but eventually scrapped, based largely on feedback – as is usually the case.

While sensible changes, "Spanish Gold" and the "Unction" buffs were never intended to be general buffs, across all game situations, unlike the rest of the changes to the civilization. Clearly, some posters in this thread would do well to accept or understand (depending on the case) that fact.
"Hazza's always playing NR10 to legitimize his crying about EP being NR10. How sad!"
"How does your game look so good – is it the monitor!?" – Arrogant_UP, 2017
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

11 Jan 2019, 14:53

Unction is always an option for late game, while Spanish Gold is a buff for the eco EP meta. 700w -> 5v -> 4v -> Spanish Gold -> 1000w -> 1000f :ugeek:
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme

11 Jan 2019, 14:55

pecelot wrote: 700w -> 5v -> 4v -> Spanish Gold -> 1000w -> 1000f :ugeek:

700w -> 5v -> 4v -> Spanish Gold -> 1000w -> 1000f - > resign - > blame the balance because you go for trash builds :uglylol:
"dia abused the explorer really well I'm impressed"
Bran6new
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

11 Jan 2019, 14:58

the second last might be true, the last is definitely not!
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
EWT - Playoff
GameRanger ID: 5529322

11 Jan 2019, 15:07

700g/700w/5v/spanish gold/1000w/1000f/units works though, in some cases
Micro tricks

LoOk_tOm: I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..

iamturk:
well I have better mechanics than you
tbh tower rush is a good strat

Forum Info

Return to “ESOC Civilizations Discussion”