Japanese Discussion Thread

No Flag farran34
Dragoon
Donator 01

Re: Japanese Discussion Thread

Post by farran34 »

britishmusketeer wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:They lose to a few civs and do average vs the most civs. They only win a few matchups comfortably, and most other civs do as well.

On Ep they beat iro, india, sioux, dutch, otto, french, spain and ports. Russia, brits and china is probably fair and they lose to aztec and ger.

Lol just read this.

No way does japan win france, that is one of japans worst mus.....

I don't think japan have any easy wins on this patch (excluding maps like siberia), maybe sioux would be the best one they have. I am pretty sure iro, otto, and ports have at least decent chances vs japan on this patch, if not advantages.

I will never understand why people always think japan is so op, especially when walls are nerfed and their age 4 wonder xp, and most maps are now not in their favor at all.... Japan is really not even an above average civ now with dutch and ports being boosted....
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

farran34 wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:They lose to a few civs and do average vs the most civs. They only win a few matchups comfortably, and most other civs do as well.

On Ep they beat iro, india, sioux, dutch, otto, french, spain and ports. Russia, brits and china is probably fair and they lose to aztec and ger.

Lol just read this.

I don't think japan have any easy wins on this patch (excluding maps like siberia), maybe sioux would be the best one they have. I am pretty sure iro, otto, and ports have at least decent chances vs japan on this patch, if not advantages.

I will never understand why people always think japan is so op, especially when walls are nerfed and their age 4 wonder xp, and most maps are now not in their favor at all.... Japan is really not even an above average civ now with dutch and ports being boosted....

You should watch blackstar vs musketjr. The map was arkansas, french got insane treasures and even killed explorer in age 1 i think and japan still almost won
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag farran34
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by farran34 »

ovi12 wrote:
farran34 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Lol just read this.

You should watch blackstar vs musketjr. The map was arkansas, french got insane treasures and even killed explorer in age 1 i think and japan still almost won

If I remember musket won that without too much problem. I just dont know what Japan does vs france, france has the advantage by going bow start, semi-ff, Acergame FI strat works... all just seem good options vs japan as france
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

Post by Hagi »

You all should listen to the commentaries by H2O and Zuta during the game Tibia (fre) vs GS (jap) on twitch.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

farran34 wrote:If I remember musket won that without too much problem. I just dont know what Japan does vs france, france has the advantage by going bow start, semi-ff, Acergame FI strat works... all just seem good options vs japan as france

In that game both BS_OP and musketjr said BS_OP should have won that easily. Bow rushing doesn't work vs a good jap, and if you semi-ff they can just max boom semi-ff and their mid fort >>>yours. Acergames FI doesn't work. Just that kynesie went 3tc FI before making any units. Maybe french can win on a map like high plains but thats about it.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

japan is the best civ on those "strange" RE maps lol.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

britishmusketeer wrote:
farran34 wrote:If I remember musket won that without too much problem. I just dont know what Japan does vs france, france has the advantage by going bow start, semi-ff, Acergame FI strat works... all just seem good options vs japan as france

In that game both BS_OP and musketjr said BS_OP should have won that easily. Bow rushing doesn't work vs a good jap, and if you semi-ff they can just max boom semi-ff and their mid fort >>>yours. Acergames FI doesn't work. Just that kynesie went 3tc FI before making any units. Maybe french can win on a map like high plains but thats about it.

exactly. Even though I'm one of the least qualified to talk abt japs, I feel like people play them wrong especially in the games you mentioned (i believe there was an explanation for the bsop one). Anyway I'm pretty sure this forward bow/pike semi vs decent japan shouldn't work
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag farran34
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by farran34 »

benj89 wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:

exactly. Even though I'm one of the least qualified to talk abt japs, I feel like people play them wrong especially in the games you mentioned (i believe there was an explanation for the bsop one). Anyway I'm pretty sure this forward bow/pike semi vs decent japan shouldn't work

I won Kingofosomane's japan with that like 4 times, dyddyd91's japan, and hwoarang's japan before with bow rush without too much problem... each player having reached 2500 1 v 1 elo with just japan in quicksearch. Maybe I do the bow rush a bit different than most by adding hussar after a shorter time, but I always feel it is pretty easy for france.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

farran34 wrote:
benj89 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I won Kingofosomane's japan with that like 4 times, dyddyd91's japan, and hwoarang's japan before with bow rush without too much problem... each player having reached 2500 1 v 1 elo with just japan in quicksearch. Maybe I do the bow rush a bit different than most by adding hussar after a shorter time, but I always feel it is pretty easy for france.

but i won 2 also but well on re patch its other story on ep patch japs just sux
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

what i wanna say is bow rush sux on re patch coz he cant break wall before my yumi come
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
No Flag farran34
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by farran34 »

KINGofOsmane wrote:what i wanna say is bow rush sux on re patch coz he cant break wall before my yumi come

but i won 2 also but well on re patch its other story on ep patch japs just sux

On re patch I agree bow rush wont work if japan can wall fully, would have to change bo probably. One of the games you won my france though I tried some weird pike semi-ff bo I never tried before, you did get my bow rush 1 time though (although I failed pretty hard), but I won the other three without much trouble. I didn't feel I outplayed you much those games either, it was just the match up was favoring me and I can have more eco than you and double your units lol...

Anyway I am talking on ep patch, on re I agree japan are much better because the maps are generally better for them and walls are needed for japan in some match ups.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

If we want to make Japan less annoying while simultaneously not nerfing them, literally just remove the wonder speed bonus... Its only purpose is BS ashi raids.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Its only purpose is... whenever you aren't in combat.
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

zoom wrote:Its only purpose is... whenever you aren't in combat.

Why are they automatically entitled to more mobility around the map with their infantry then? Speed is one of those intangible things like range that is way more OP than it sounds. They shouldn't win fights with positioning just because of their completely free age up bonus.

No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

forgrin wrote:

Why are they automatically entitled to more mobility around the map with their infantry then? Speed is one of those intangible things like range that is way more OP than it sounds. They shouldn't win fights with positioning just because of their completely free age up bonus.

At least you can kill that bonus (siege the wonder)
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

thebritish wrote:
forgrin wrote:

Yes, but most times if you're in a position to siege a 5k HP wonder safely you probably could have already won the game.

United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

thebritish wrote:
forgrin wrote:

Yes. Because it is easy to march units to the back of Japan's base and siege down a tanky wonder, all while being hammered with ashi, flaming arrow shipments, TC fire, and minutemen.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag DemonDog
Skirmisher

Post by DemonDog »

Papist wrote:
thebritish wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Yes. Because it is easy to march units to the back of Japan's base and siege down a tanky wonder, all while being hammered with ashi, flaming arrow shipments, TC fire, and minutemen.

With petards man. Haven't you learned nothing from Aizamk?
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Japan lose to many civs now, they aren't very good anymore imo
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

Post by Hagi »

Marco1698 wrote:Japan lose to many civs now, they aren't very good anymore imo

In fact, do they have a clear win MU on EP ?
I don't think so.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Hagi wrote:

I don't think so.

ports? spain? dutch? iro? sioux?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

britishmusketeer wrote:
Hagi wrote:

I don't think so.

ports? spain? dutch? iro? sioux?

They don't beat spain/dutch/sioux easily, and vs port on water they might even lose.
No Flag sudmakmak
Skirmisher

Post by sudmakmak »

Nerf jap ,yumi,eco , shnire,general musk speed more for jap
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

Post by Hagi »

sudmakmak wrote:Nerf jap ,yumi,eco , shnire,general musk speed more for jap

Nah just remove the civ from this game.

:lol:
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Nerfing ashi's speed is a nice idea since that's an abusable mech but on the other hand, I'd like to see yabusames being nerfed because atm jap can't do much vs artillery.

u did use the word nerf one time too much in ur thread.. and after u corrected: +1
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP