Indians Discussion Thread

Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: Indian Discussion Thread

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Unless Kev can do some crazy unhardcoding, the only possible thing we can adjust is duration and how the icon looks like.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Show hidden quotes
You say cease fire is meant to stop fighting but it's actually used to initiate fighting, so it doesn't make sense in its current state either. The game mechanic is broken so you either need to mess with it or replace it. Shortening the duration into insignificance shouldn't be an option because you might as well replace it then.

Is it possible to make all military units retreat to their nearest town center for the duration of the ability?

That would make sense but the issue is that you could get your opponent how of position, that's a bit lame.

Imagine that hype play, going between your opponent army and their TC and clicking cease fire. AI moves the armies on top of each other. :uglylol:
mad cuz bad
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Haha
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

That would be better than the current cease fire, and definitely exciting but it would become boring at one point xD.
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

Maybe slow down the speed of all Indian military units when ceasefire is triggered? I know it doesn't make any sense but it could work right? So that the ability is used more 'defensively' as you all want. Is this possible?
oranges.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

That would hurt it defensively if you are trying to get to a raid or back home to stop siege or something.
mad cuz bad
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Maybe give units a debuff for the first 5 seconds after ceasefire, then you can't use it to meme into a group of units because of urumi.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
India _RDX_
Lancer

Post by _RDX_ »

n0el wrote:That would hurt it defensively if you are trying to get to a raid or back home to stop siege or something.

No, you have 10 secs with which you can quickly run your vills with the pull trick. Also, there's a possibility of having the minutemen ready incase of siege to buy time for the military units in return. But you're right, it is still not enough.
oranges.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Unless Kev can do some crazy unhardcoding, the only possible thing we can adjust is duration and how the icon looks like.

is it possible to replace the effect completelly? like, make it instead heal like the japanese wonder.
India _RDX_
Lancer

Post by _RDX_ »

lemmings121 wrote:is it possible to replace the effect completelly? like, make it instead heal like the japanese wonder.

It is actually the chinese wonder Temple of Heaven lol. And again, changing the ability is messing with the significance of the civ.
oranges.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

lemmings121 wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:Unless Kev can do some crazy unhardcoding, the only possible thing we can adjust is duration and how the icon looks like.

is it possible to replace the effect completelly? like, make it instead heal like the japanese wonder.

Yes, it is possible to remove the Cease Fire effect completely and make it work similarly or same as a different wonder power.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Garja and I discussed this issue at the LAN and we concluded it's best if the Indian units could not attack anything, but the enemy units could. After all, it's India that wants a cease fire, not the opponent.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

edeholland wrote:Garja and I discussed this issue at the LAN and we concluded it's best if the Indian units could not attack anything, but the enemy units could. After all, it's India that wants a cease fire, not the opponent.

Tfw it's Garja and I can't even determine if this is a joke or reality.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

_RDX_ wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:is it possible to replace the effect completelly? like, make it instead heal like the japanese wonder.

It is actually the chinese wonder Temple of Heaven lol. And again, changing the ability is messing with the significance of the civ.

my bad.

and imo, gameplay > "significance of the civ".
India is my main civ, but even I can see that cease fire + urumi shouldnt exist, and I dont like the idea of removing urumis, so.....
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

edeholland wrote:Garja and I discussed this issue at the LAN and we concluded it's best if the Indian units could not attack anything, but the enemy units could. After all, it's India that wants a cease fire, not the opponent.

:DDDDDD
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Increasing cease fire time might help opponent to unpack his falcs and gtfo in time before it stops.
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

somppukunkku wrote:

Tfw it's Garja and I can't even determine if this is a joke or reality.
It can only be a joke. Garja is nowhere near that stupid.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Call it 'weak fire' and halve all unit damage.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

How about "Greece Fire", 300 gold spawns to your TC every time, as a loan from European Union?

@BrookG
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

TLDR: suggest increasing the time of the power from 20 seconds to 45 seconds

I can see there is a lot of discussion about the current state of the ceasefire power from the Taj Mahal wonder up. I would also like to chuck my hat into the ring and talk about its relation to Ceasefire in AoM: The Titans.

In AoM: AoM is a faster paced game however games usually last between 10-30 minutes which isn't to dissimilar to AoE3. Age up politicians {minor gods} grant 'God Powers' as well enable myth units and allow unique techs to be researched. Finally population is increased by building TC's on empty settlements and each standard map contains 6 settlements (not including starting town center).

Ceasefire is a Classical age {age 2} god power for the greek civilisations and is available to Zeus and Poseidon if they advance through the god Hermes. Ceasefire lasts for 1 minute (60 seconds). Ceasefire is a strong power but no quite top tier. It can be used defensively and offensively and a standard 1v1/team match essentially can be heavily effected if a greek player can manage to get to the mythic age {age 4} without having to use the power defensively.

Defensive uses of Ceasefire include defending exposed front golds from all in rushes, hippikon/Raiding Cav raiding, villager/military teleport from Ptah's shifting sands, buying time from strong heroic timing pushes (similar to ff's/semi-ff's) like Isis's Ancestors and eclipse or Bragi's Flaming Weapons.

Other major examples include having to delay a Norse/baldr all in ragnarok {Very similar to Revolt} or having to rebuild towncenters / production/ houses from powers like meteor/tornado/earthquake/Implode.

If the Greek player can manage to survive to the mythic age, they can make a play for the enemies 3rd/back towncenter to take a 4-2 town center and population lead in the match.

Zeus can use Apollo's underworld passage to transport its army (humans/colossus/heliopoli as well as villagers to take down the enemies TC before the enemy can react. Once the foundations are laid and the construction has started, ceasefire is cast to ensure the safe construction of the TC. Similarly Poseidon can do the same after using Artemis's Earthquake on a TC.

Back to Aoe3: Currently It is well known that ceasefire is useful to position your army 'onto' another army for meelee units, this is a massive game changer in AoE3 due to the large variety of ranged units. The duration of 20 seconds is enough to catch artillery out in the open or push your enemies army to edge of the map if its cast while you are in the enemies town / under TC {If attacking}. 20 seconds is also enough to stop early-game game changing raids however the are better options to age up to age 2. 20 seconds though however is not enough time to throw up towers/walls/train a new batch of units or cancel and resend a military shipment.

By increasing the Ceasefire duration to 45 seconds, it can give a player defending who is defending from a ceasefire push that extra crucial time to prepare for the forthcoming fight, essentially nerfing the aggressive use of ceasefire. On the other hand it provides more strategic options defensively to gain a tech advantage, protect eco or pull back from an attack going wrong.

If ceasefire is currently believed to be 'broken' then i believe this duration increase to be a better alternative to fundamentally changing what Ceasefire does which some people have mentioned above.

Cheers,
H

P.S. the Youtube channels of BoitTV/Blackadder Plays/RTS League is great source of AoM content if people are interested and I will vouch that AoM>AoEO
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I wasn't kidding with 'Weak Fire.'
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Quit bullying me!

Another idea is to have the ability trigger upon wonder completion, possibly also at a set interval of time, after that, so long as it remains standing. It would make it less abusable, and less useful in general.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

So no one would age up with cease fire wonder?
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

zoom wrote:Quit bullying me!

Another idea is to have the ability trigger upon wonder completion, possibly also at a set interval of time, after that, so long as it remains standing. It would make it less abusable, and less useful in general.

Or just add a delay. like a notification of when the ceasefire is coming. E.g add a delay of 20 secs?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

deleted_user wrote:So no one would age up with cease fire wonder?

You still would when you FI.