Indians Discussion Thread

Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Re: Indian Discussion Thread

Post by Aizamk »

Just give Indian military units 10% less speed during the ceasefire and economic units 10% more speed.
oranges.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

I actually really liked the suggestion for a 45 second or more ceasefire
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Aizamk wrote:Just give Indian military units 10% less speed during the ceasefire and economic units 10% more speed.

economic unit speed boost, maybe, but a military unit speed decrease... that kinda defeats the point of a ceasefire, right. if you want to use it for what it's actually intended, escaping from or delaying a fight you would lose, then a speed decrease will make that very hard.
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

Aizamk wrote:Just give Indian military units 10% less speed during the ceasefire and economic units 10% more speed.

This is called Plagiarism.

Well, i thought of some ideas. This one seemed to be 'fair'. The ceasefire ability is instant right? Why don't you slow it down to 5 seconds to activate the ability when triggered and give the opponent a warning countdown like 'Cease Fire incoming in: 00:05' like how trade monopoly works because with this time, the opponent who plays vs india can fight as well as move his artillery to safety. Defensively, this effect is going to hurt a bit but you can save the indian villies from a huge raid like if they are too far away from the tc, also you can still stop important buildings from getting sieged. No one talked about slowing the speed of cool down of the ability, so if you don't want the ability to be abused, you might as well implement that.
oranges.
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

effect of 45 sec or longer cease fire would be absurd though, take otto ff vs india for example. otto knocking at india's door with 2 falcs and 13 jans at 7:30, while india can age as well an hit cease fire in order to not get damaged at all until siege ele come out? That would seem quite broken
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Keep ceasefire the same but reduce all military units on the map to 0 speed for the duration?
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Honestly why is ceasefire such a big issue lol, when you play vs India you know whats going to happen and mostly also when its going to happen. If you can't prepare for that when you have 10+ in game minutes then its fault with you not game mechanics.
For ex. you could wall the small chokes to run away, force your opponent into bad positioning. Latest example is yesterdays game of somppu vs kaiser on arizona, 20-70 wood saved/won him the fight lol.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Mitoe wrote:Keep ceasefire the same but reduce all military units on the map to 0 speed for the duration?

I'm not sure how serious this is but I think any sort of relevant speed nerf for the duration would make ceasefire completely useless since it would ruin the original intended use case of the ability on top of the arguably broken actual use case of it.

EDIT: Might've misread that actually I originally thought you meant only the Indian units. Both players' units is a lot more interesting.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

princeofcarthage wrote:Honestly why is ceasefire such a big issue lol, when you play vs India you know whats going to happen and mostly also when its going to happen. If you can't prepare for that when you have 10+ in game minutes then its fault with you not game mechanics.
For ex. you could wall the small chokes to run away, force your opponent into bad positioning. Latest example is yesterdays game of somppu vs kaiser on arizona, 20-70 wood saved/won him the fight lol.

If you dont think its a big issue after watching the LAN then youre clueless.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Prolonging cease fire doesnt work because it then buys too much time. Shortening even more is a possible nerf but we are at a point where the ability becomes useless.
I think the most reasonable nerf would be the one Mitoe proposed, even tho it opens up other weird dynamics (you can basically freeze opponent's army in a convenient place e.g. under your TC).
In the end I agree with those who say that you should probably accept the ability as it is and try to work around that. It is only a problem with strong meelee units so you kinda know what's coming.
It is simply another instance of TAD design being different from previous expansions. Once we accept to merge expansions we should also accept these mechanics.
Image Image Image
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Hazza54321 wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Honestly why is ceasefire such a big issue lol, when you play vs India you know whats going to happen and mostly also when its going to happen. If you can't prepare for that when you have 10+ in game minutes then its fault with you not game mechanics.

If you dont think its a big issue after watching the LAN then youre clueless.

Well I didn't watch much of lan. Also garja somewhat agrees so peace :hmm:
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

How about nerfing the coin crates on age-up? A slightly less impacting game change but may reduce the incentive of Taj Mahal vs. Tower of vistory / Charminar Gates.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Garja wrote:I think the most reasonable nerf would be the one Mitoe proposed, even tho it opens up other weird dynamics (you can basically freeze opponent's army in a convenient place e.g. under your TC).

what mitoe proposes would limit the utility of ceasefire, but make it even more broken in some situations. like imagine sieging tc or agra, then it's ceasefire, and all units are frozen. urumi pop and ur just totally fucked... at least now if ur sieging something with siegefire, you know to get the hell out of there.
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player

Post by Jerimuno »

reducing speed of both armies doesn't work I believe.

Imagine India's going greedy FF while the opponent goes for an age 2 tmiing and walks into india's base while they age up. India defends a bit, then when the opponent's army is under his tc he uses cheese fire, freezes the opponent's army and walls him in with some vils which are not frozen. Then urumi pop
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player

Post by Jerimuno »

oh i didnt read umeus post apparently, ye what he says
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Jerimuno wrote:reducing speed of both armies doesn't work I believe.

Imagine India's going greedy FF while the opponent goes for an age 2 tmiing and walks into india's base while they age up. India defends a bit, then when the opponent's army is under his tc he uses cheese fire, freezes the opponent's army and walls him in with some vils which are not frozen. Then urumi pop

lol yea... walling is a thing also, that would make it even more broken...
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Post by Mameluke »

maybe giving india themself a 1 sec longer cease fire? well i guess it can turn into a disadvantage too easily so not good but that was just a thought^^
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Mameluke wrote:maybe giving india themself a 1 sec longer cease fire? well i guess it can turn into a disadvantage too easily so not good but that was just a thought^^

Hmm, yes, maybe cease fire lasts 20 seconds for india and 15 for other civs?
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player

Post by Jerimuno »

that sounds interesting
Brazil Luciofrancosi
Skirmisher
ESO: luciofrancosi

Post by Luciofrancosi »

Maybe having the Indian player paying certain amount of resources to the opponent to trigger the cease fire like the explorer mechanics!! You could make it 500 gold or something!!
It would make more sense then what it is right now!! Why would the enemy agree to a cease fire that brings zero benefit to him??
"Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"

Sun Tzu - The art of war
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

just increase urumi cost a bit and leave cease fire alone
mad cuz bad
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

n0el wrote:just increase urumi cost a bit and leave cease fire alone

nah, urumi by itself aren't really the problem. i mean a small urumi increase isn't too bad (850f for example for 7), but it wont fix the ceasefire problem.
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

Luciofrancosi wrote:Maybe having the Indian player paying certain amount of resources to the opponent to trigger the cease fire like the explorer mechanics!! You could make it 500 gold or something!!
It would make more sense then what it is right now!! Why would the enemy agree to a cease fire that brings zero benefit to him??

You have to understand that signing a treaty is different from calling a cease fire. Sometimes, calling for a cease fire is best for the both sides of the war. I think we can't blame the developers for that, They already gave these kind of abilities in games like Age of Mythology. The point they wanted show is that the Taj Mahal is a symbol of love and peace and to make the indian civ different from other civs. But imo 'Cease Fire' ability is not the right way to do it.

Does anyone want to give a fuck to my previous post?
oranges.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

n0el wrote:just increase urumi cost a bit and leave cease fire alone

Cease fire is the issue, not urumis.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

I highly doubt this is possible, but maybe making units have no collision with other units with ceasefire on. E.g Units can walk through each other so theres more skill in ceasefire than right clicking and making a moshpit

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV