Indians Discussion Thread

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: Indian Discussion Thread

Post by deleted_user0 »

I mean, what's even point of doing innovative strats if it will be nerfed anyway?
Should just learn to bot skirm-goon I guess.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Tbf its quite easy to fuck up the 87 army delete rule. Not to mention extra los and MM make it even harder to push
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Just ship 13 jƤgers and it will automatically delete 200 indian armys as you have no cannons and no cav.
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

Just delete the goddamn ability if it's that overrated, Make the wonder a show piece and give more coin from the age up. I mean 12 years since the release of the game, nobody talked about it since then and suddenly when someone uses it smartly..... Everyone goes NERF, NERF, NERF, NERF like the mine, mine, mine, mine from the seagulls in Finding Nemo.
oranges.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Next time I find a good strat, I'll only use it vs AI so ESOC can't nerf it.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

somppukunkku wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:I guess there's an India lobby too haha. It's just less powerful than the ger lobby.

It's just painful that you create a playstyle for a civ that ignores the civ weaknesses like bad anti-art and bad cav in 2018, 11 years after release, and then some people don't even want to analyze their own mistakes before wanting to make it completely useless in 2019.

Same with aztec FI and water tbh, but it got nerfed, that's how it works.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

somppukunkku wrote:Next time I find a good strat, I'll only use it vs AI so ESOC can't nerf it.

Just more racism against Somalis from ESOC.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:I guess there's an India lobby too haha. It's just less powerful than the ger lobby.

It's just painful that you create a playstyle for a civ that ignores the civ weaknesses like bad anti-art and bad cav in 2018, 11 years after release, and then some people don't even want to analyze their own mistakes before wanting to make it completely useless in 2019.

To be fair, basically only the bug part of aztec FI was nerfed?
With water can't disagree and I still think they nerfed it too hard because people didn't want to learn to play against it.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

somppukunkku wrote:Just ship 13 jƤgers and it will automatically delete 200 indian armys as you have no cannons and no cav.

Cant disagree with that
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

How about we change the duration to 30 seconds, call it quits and move on to another topic as this conversation is going round in circles
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:How about we change the duration to 30 seconds, call it quits and move on to another topic as this conversation is going round in circles

It would probably be a buff lol.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

If you make it 20(/19/18) seconds for india and 15 for other civs aggro cease fire strat is still possibly viable but also nerfed, India just has to eat a volley or two by the enemy skirms or musks or whatever before they can start firing their own stuff. They'd just have to be a bit more cautious about forcing the fight. No nerfing the strat into the ground and no removing the "initially intended" defensive purpose of the ability. The problem of this strat is that usually india uses it to get with sepoy in melee mode on cannons, so cannons are rendered basically useless. If they were at least able to shoot 1 cannonball maybe the whole mechanic would be more balanced.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Therefore you should aggro wall when you have cannons sieging fortress/industrial india

India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Don't remove or nerf cease fire just keep it as it is do that we can win games easily.....laming is very important.
:nwc:
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

Since ceased fire is getting abused hard by a player and the disease spread to everyone it become op and next second instant nerf ....same topic is going to come with Otto ,bwinner abusing Otto........what now? Remove Otto?
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Well its a trend, just look at water and walls :hmm:
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I think nerfing cease fire would put india in bad spot. Zamburaks RR were nerfed, so you would like to go with sepoy + urumi stuffs which somppu showed a good way to play it and Instead of dealing against these new strats, ep is nerfing them. It won't help to balance anything, will reduce the variety, at the end of the day it will be same story as what was done to water.

somppukunkku wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Show hidden quotes

To be fair, basically only the bug part of aztec FI was nerfed?
With water can't disagree and I still think they nerfed it too hard because people didn't want to learn to play against it.

Thats the point, like when we ask why monitors were nerfed to Zoi, he said they were too op, but he misses the point that you should be rewarded for holding the sea control and it's your reward. But I think in general, new strats/ways are rather not welcomed sadly.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

Why so many bad changes?? Seeing those changes is making me very unhappy...
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Dont worry noobs HUMMAN always brings up best solution. In first 5 seconds of Ceasefire units can attack each other. Thus suprise affect of it is gone. And i aggree nerfing some strat instead of discovering it deeper is lame. Isnt it beauty of strategy games? Like tabben's dutch BO was really fascinating to watch. You people are just lazy.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

deleted_user wrote:Thats the point, like when we ask why monitors were nerfed to Zoi, he said they were too op, but he misses the point that you should be rewarded for holding the sea control and it's your reward. But I think in general, new strats/ways are rather not welcomed sadly.

Your reward for holding sea control is being able to snipe basically any building you want on the map? :hmm: You already got fish, whales and more military presence.
Imo there is a spectrum when it comes to nerfs and buffs. A nerf doesn't necessarily have to eliminate a strategy from the game, there are middle grounds. That's why i am against removing aggressive cease fire, but i think that an ability that basically allows you to force the fight when you want to is OP, and needs at least a small nerf.

Edit: Maybe another soultion could be a pre-warning about cease fire, as HUMMAN suggested. I think it could be a good idea.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

Tbh what u invest into building a wonder should really pay off ,suppose say your aging to 3 or 4 u get 800c or 1500c in return which is bad trade already the Res u spent on aging and the extra benefit is that you use wonder abilities to compensate the lose in Taj Mahal wonder seems the trade is really insanse if done well ....
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

gamevideo113 wrote:
deleted_user wrote:Thats the point, like when we ask why monitors were nerfed to Zoi, he said they were too op, but he misses the point that you should be rewarded for holding the sea control and it's your reward. But I think in general, new strats/ways are rather not welcomed sadly.

Your reward for holding sea control is being able to snipe basically any building you want on the map? :hmm: You already got fish, whales and more military presence.
Imo there is a spectrum when it comes to nerfs and buffs. A nerf doesn't necessarily have to eliminate a strategy from the game, there are middle grounds. That's why i am against removing aggressive cease fire, but i think that an ability that basically allows you to force the fight when you want to is OP, and needs at least a small nerf.

People who come by water conquer land often , remember battleship movie without range basically its gg and holding water is a nice skill .... However it is beatable ...
Brazil Luciofrancosi
Skirmisher
ESO: luciofrancosi

Post by Luciofrancosi »

Another issue is the fact that the wonder should only affect it's own civ and their own units!! It shouldn't have any effect on the units of another civ!! This type of mechanic makes no sense and shouldn't be in an rts game like age of empires at all!!
"Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"

Sun Tzu - The art of war
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

HUMMAN wrote:Dont worry noobs HUMMAN always brings up best solution. In first 5 seconds of Ceasefire units can attack each other. Thus suprise affect of it is gone.

I already suggested this but no one gives a fuck.
oranges.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

_RDX_ wrote:
HUMMAN wrote:Dont worry noobs HUMMAN always brings up best solution. In first 5 seconds of Ceasefire units can attack each other. Thus suprise affect of it is gone.

I already suggested this but no one gives a fuck.

Actually you're right, i didn't recall reading it, my bad. You also pointed out some interesting implications - if cease fire has a 5 seconds warning, its defensive use gets nerfed a lot. At this point i'm not sure i like this solution anymore. I still stand by the longer cease fire time for india then.
toxic, Insult, Racism ?