Indians Discussion Thread

Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Re: Indian Discussion Thread

Post by gamevideo113 »

Literally every stat except for speed and melee damage is in favour of sepoy. Making rajputs instead of sepoys is seriously ill advised unless there is some specific reason or strategy for it. On the other hand you can't really argue that rajputs are weak or bad for their cost because if you compare them (disciplined rajput) to a changdao (which is considered a good unit) you get:
-36 more hitpoints
-4 more atk
-more siege
-better multipliers
For 5f 35w more, plus 200w 100g only once.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Maybe a buff to their speed would be nice, put them inline with rods but decrease their damage a bit?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

duckzilla wrote: Nice against cav though.

Assuming they even connect, which they more often then not don't. As others said, melee inf just generally speaking sucks in AoE 3. Thats just the game.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

-60 more hitpoints xD
Ep uhlans got -10 HP and apparently they're bad now.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:-60 more hitpoints xD

He wasn't recommending a 60hp buff :hmm:
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

gamevideo113 wrote:Literally every stat except for speed and melee damage is in favour of sepoy. Making rajputs instead of sepoys is seriously ill advised unless there is some specific reason or strategy for it. On the other hand you can't really argue that rajputs are weak or bad for their cost because if you compare them (disciplined rajput) to a changdao (which is considered a good unit) you get:
-60 more hitpoints
-4 more atk
-4 more siege
-better multipliers
For 5f 35w more, plus 200w 100g only once.

That's just because changdao are china's only reliable anti-cav unit, their other options are trash apart from redcoats and manchu which are few and far between. Meanwhile india has the largest selection of anti-cav in the game iirc.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Kawapasaka wrote:

Ah, my bad, I didn't read his post.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Rajputs aren't weak, they are arguably better than Changdaos and Rods. It's just that India has much better options considering the OP sepoys.

Considering this it is almost impossible to make them viable without creating yet another incredibly strong unit for India, which already has basically the best unit selection in age2 anyway. Or nerf Sepoy to make them just average and boost Rajputs, but I doubt that will happen.
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

soo many wrong numbers in here...
Rajputs cost 10f and 35 wood more than changdaos, and comparing their base stats, only have 30 more hp and 3 more attack. Sure, they have better multipliers, but they are by far the worst pike-like unit in the game for their costs.
Image Image
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Kawapasaka wrote:

Ah, my bad, I didn't read his post.

I should definitely be more brief in my posts lol :cry:
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

amiggo1999 wrote:soo many wrong numbers in here...
Rajputs cost 10f and 35 wood more than changdaos, and comparing their base stats, only have 30 more hp and 3 more attack. Sure, they have better multipliers, but they are by far the worst pike-like unit in the game for their costs.

You can't compare a normal rajput with a veteran changdao :hmm:
Btw changdaos are 95f
Anyway rajputs are halb like unit, not pike like unit imo
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01

Post by amiggo1999 »

@gamevideo113 I compared their base stats, ye my bad, got the cost wrong :/
Image Image
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01

Post by amiggo1999 »

Pretty sure the base stat from this https://ageofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Changdao_Swordsman refers to their colonial stats. I can't remeber changdao ever having 120hp ingame.
Image Image
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

amiggo1999 wrote:Pretty sure the base stat from this https://ageofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Changdao_Swordsman refers to their colonial stats. I can't remeber changdao ever having 120hp ingame.

Hmm yep i think i did an oopsie, i'm gonna correct my post above
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01

Post by amiggo1999 »

I can see why, in the same column it says age 3, which i'm pretty sure refers to when it is available however.
Image Image
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Anyway i'm all up for 90f 35w rajputs or w/e
Problem is i don't think it would change anything, literally
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01

Post by amiggo1999 »

I think the unit definitely deserves a buff. It would barely change anything for these reasons: you have much better anticav available; you can't wood rush, since India's light inf cost coin; cheap rice paddies make going for wood units during transition less interesting. Still maybe you would see them here or there if they would have somewhat decent stats.
Image Image
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Lower their cost if anything - the stats themselves are pretty good tbh and only outshined by the god unit Sexpoy.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

You guys are crazy. Rajputs deserve a nerf.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

I dont know how viable it necessarily is at like pr35+ but ive seen a lot of success with grouping rajputs in with urumi since they look extremely similar at a glance and since people tend to focus fire urumi instead of Z-move they end up soaking up a lot of damage to protect your more expensive urumi. Similarly if someone sees your urumi rajput mix and thinks its just urumi and runs some cav in its even better. Plus if you do get a good surround rajputs are extremely good against anything they are dealing damage to. I doubt they need a buff just more acceptance
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Reskin rajputs. I'm tired of my old man eyes costing me.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

_RDX_ wrote:Is it possible to give a buff to rajputs or reduce their cost? They cost 135 resources but they're not even as good as rodeleros. Doing this could pave way to new meta and strategies instead of just going for sepoys and gurkhas.

I find it hilarious that a couple of days ago you were complaining about not being able to improve and now you are talking about changing meta.
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

Ashvin wrote:I find it hilarious that a couple of days ago you were complaining about not being able to improve and now you are talking about changing meta.

Is there a rule that people who are unable to improve cannot talk about changing meta? If so, i'll try to keep quiet.
oranges.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

_RDX_ wrote:
Ashvin wrote:I find it hilarious that a couple of days ago you were complaining about not being able to improve and now you are talking about changing meta.

Is there a rule that people who are unable to improve cannot talk about changing meta? If so, i'll try to keep quiet.

I dont mean it in a bad way, usually lack of civ knowledge is the reason one's rank stalls. And that's why it's funny to me. You are free to post wherever you want as far as I am concerned(not that it matters anyway)
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

From a private conversation:

"Ceasefire does seem problematic, with Urumi—and I don't think it can be resolved by a Urumi nerf, unless it makes the unit unviable, altogether. Because the wonder ability is hard-coded, our options are limited. Currently, I see three reasonable options:
1. Increasing Ceasefire duration to 25 or 30 seconds.
2. Removing Ceasefire from the game, and turn the Taj Mahal into an export generator (without changing the coin crates you get); alternatively, add export crates to the coin crates, pretty much turning it into the anti-Porcelain Tower wonder (which is a missing niche, in the game).
3. Bullying Kevsoft into un-hard-coding the wonder, then changing it in the desirable way.

Currently, i'm planning to launch the beta with 30 sec duration, simply to see the effect it has on game-play, and whether it might be meaningful. Testing it makes the most sense, regardless, since you'd need to learn of its effect, to even consider including it in a full release, ultimately."