Indians Discussion Thread

Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: Indian Discussion Thread

Post by princeofcarthage »

zoom wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Closed spacing allows urumi to inflict area damage, probably the reason why 10 well spaced hussars would inflict more effective damage than 30 packed coy/cossacks
Again, I'm not sure. Please explain to me the technical details of aoe3 splash damage.

Well you can test it yourself. Again I am not entirely motivated to write an whole essay explaining everything cuz I am almost sure that you know it. But from quick playtest say standard urumi shipment is 7 urumi so 7 urumi vs n no. of hussars in this case 6.

Remember this is with zero micro and hence real game results will different from player to player, fight to fight.

case 1: 6 hussars vs 7 urumi straight front : (avg) at least 3 hussars alive with ~180 , ~240, ~ 260 hp in some cases 4th with very low hp depending on how fight is actually simulated.
case 2: 6 hussars vs 7 urumi hussar circling urumi : 6 hussars alive in 99% of cases with ~1% having 5 hussars

Now I am sure you know how splash works so please consider this example as proof of my claim.

Edit : this test was few months back
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

zoom wrote:
dansil92 wrote:Yeah i have definitely struggled vs india as aztec enough times to know a low hp 10rr unit that bunches together gets wrecked by urumi. Thats AFTER coyote combat, temple support and 10wp attack dance and they still take around 30 to beat the 7 urumi just by themselves. Eagle runners kiting is really the only answer aztec has unless you are REALLY cheeky and put the coyote in cover mode and let mace/erk dps behind them. Russia has a similar problem with cossacks being quite low hp
I'd love to test your scenario. I think Coyotes win easily.

Guess who showed you that.
Image Image Image
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Okay i tested and apparently it is in fact the sepoy that are the issue to some extent. Its roughly 15 coyote where you can start to easily beat the 7 urumi by themselves
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

princeofcarthage wrote:
zoom wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Closed spacing allows urumi to inflict area damage, probably the reason why 10 well spaced hussars would inflict more effective damage than 30 packed coy/cossacks
Again, I'm not sure. Please explain to me the technical details of aoe3 splash damage.

Well you can test it yourself. Again I am not entirely motivated to write an whole essay explaining everything cuz I am almost sure that you know it. But from quick playtest say standard urumi shipment is 7 urumi so 7 urumi vs n no. of hussars in this case 6.

Remember this is with zero micro and hence real game results will different from player to player, fight to fight.

case 1: 6 hussars vs 7 urumi straight front : (avg) at least 3 hussars alive with ~180 , ~240, ~ 260 hp in some cases 4th with very low hp depending on how fight is actually simulated.
case 2: 6 hussars vs 7 urumi hussar circling urumi : 6 hussars alive in 99% of cases with ~1% having 5 hussars

Now I am sure you know how splash works so please consider this example as proof of my claim.

Edit : this test was few months back
No, I don't know how splash works, at all. I learned as much when I tested it, last year, and it turned out that it doesn't follow any apparent logic – including in the code!! We've been unable to confirm anything on it. What we did notice, however, is that the damage cap is extremely limiting for splash damage. From your posts, I doubt you're even aware of that fact. I'm aware that splash damage causes damage to secondary targets. My point is that you seem to be making assumptions about splash damage in AoE3 – specifically about Urumis vs Coyote Runners – without actually knowing anything about how it works, which appears extremely complicated (or at least difficult to understand).

I definitely do not understand it. If you actually do know, I'm very interested in learning about it. That's all I mean.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Garja wrote:
zoom wrote:
dansil92 wrote:Yeah i have definitely struggled vs india as aztec enough times to know a low hp 10rr unit that bunches together gets wrecked by urumi. Thats AFTER coyote combat, temple support and 10wp attack dance and they still take around 30 to beat the 7 urumi just by themselves. Eagle runners kiting is really the only answer aztec has unless you are REALLY cheeky and put the coyote in cover mode and let mace/erk dps behind them. Russia has a similar problem with cossacks being quite low hp
I'd love to test your scenario. I think Coyotes win easily.

Guess who showed you that.
Everything I've seen in life, has been shown to me by Garja. My entire life has been given by Garja.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

princeofkabul wrote:LEAKED INFORMATION

cease fire ; changed that you can fight during your cease fire but your opponent remains passive and peaceful.
Close enough, my Somali friend. Try:

– “Taj Mahal” wonder “Cease Fire” ability duration decreased from 20 to 15 seconds; now also halves all military unit speed

Eaglemut and Kevsoft are doing Garja's work, whether he commissions it or not!
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Re: Indians Discussion Thread

Post by flontier »

Last sup cup yesterday, 17 games out of 41 implied india while many civ hasnt been played a single time, and fortunately the winner dont play that civ otherwise we would be around 50% percent, there is something weird in the balance :hmm: .
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

I think a lot of it has to do with Ceasefire, map pools, and perception, though. Still, I agree Indians seems one of the stronger civilizations, presently.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

What are you talking about, theyre average overall
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Remove ceasefire. Apart from it being a broken mechanic, it's impact on the game is even stronger than just the ceasefire every 15 min. The mere threat of having ceasefire is so big that it already changes gameplay and strats.
Juet such a sad mechanic.
If rather have Taj mahal be completely useless than with. Cease fire.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Counterpoint: Remove India
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

What's the point of somali tactics if they ain't broken
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

lordraphael wrote:Remove ceasefire. Apart from it being a broken mechanic, it's impact on the game is even stronger than just the ceasefire every 15 min. The mere threat of having ceasefire is so big that it already changes gameplay and strats.
Juet such a sad mechanic.
If rather have Taj mahal be completely useless than with. Cease fire.
It's certainly an option.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

I think india has been picked a lot lately because the civ pool was favouring it and because it is a versatile civ. It is overall one of the most popular and civs like brits or france that can adapt to a lot of situations quite well, therefore i can see why it would be in a lot of players' arsenal.
We should accept the fact that some civs are more popular than others and regardless of the state of balance they will always be picked more. India will always be more popular than iro and that's due to civ design and personal preference. If you want to make iro more popular at all costs you risk overbuffing them and creating an imbalance just for the sake of having more diversity, which isn't ideal. Imo india right now isn't necessarily above average if you exclude the cease fire part.
Anyway, cease fire could also grant a temporary HP buff to villagers and buildings if the EP 7 solution doesn't fit well.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Iro is already one of the best civs lol.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Are we sure that siege elephants are fine? I mean, they’re my favourite thing about india, but this unit is just insane if you ask me.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

They're not great honestly.

You have to spend 500f to deny your opponent's 2 falc shipment, and then they're useless because siege is not very good moqr of the time.
Against sea or Japan they're great however but I guess that's not an issue.
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

I agree with @Diarouga they are not op by any means. Sure they are a good way of dealing of dealing with falcs early age 3, but other than that they aren't anything special. If anything they need a buff in like age 4 for additional range, since India has no land unit that can deal with frigates.
Image Image
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

India also can't deal with heavy cannons or light cannons at all since they both outrange the siege elephant.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Sepoy cease is the best culverin in the game.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Riotcoke wrote:India also can't deal with heavy cannons or light cannons at all since they both outrange the siege elephant.

Heavies don't outrange siege eles, it's just that you need 5 siege ele shots (3 volleys with the 2 siege eles shipment) to kill a heavy cannon, which is kinda ridiculous considering that unit is almost as expensive as 2 culvs.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Idk, the unit has great survivability since it has 4 speed and 700 hitpoints, and unlike culvs, once you killed the enemy falcs you can still use it to siege buildings since it has almost the same DPS of a mortar. Siege elephants don’t hinder the speed of your army like any other artillery piece does. Maybe they are not the best culvs because they only have 28 range (their speed still allows them to close in and back out against other artillery, their micro potential is unparalleled imo), but as mortars they are so good, since they also have a faster RoF than most other artillery and they are available in age3. Maybe i’ve had this impression because i’ve seen them used vs japan a lot and as diarouga said, they are good in that MU, but i still stand by the idea that they are a good unit.
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:India also can't deal with heavy cannons or light cannons at all since they both outrange the siege elephant.

Heavies don't outrange siege eles, it's just that you need 5 siege ele shots (3 volleys with the 2 siege eles shipment) to kill a heavy cannon, which is kinda ridiculous considering that unit is almost as expensive as 2 culvs.

Oh my mistake, thought heavies had 30 range, but yeah siege ellies don't counter them at all.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
United States of America randerzbobanderz
Musketeer
ESO: RandyBobandy

Post by randerzbobanderz »

The greatest strengths of Siege elephants IMO are their mobility and health. They aren't as fragile as other Art. and also don't get caught by melee inf as easily.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

gamevideo113 wrote:Idk, the unit has great survivability since it has 4 speed and 700 hitpoints, and unlike culvs, once you killed the enemy falcs you can still use it to siege buildings since it has almost the same DPS of a mortar. Siege elephants don’t hinder the speed of your army like any other artillery piece does. Maybe they are not the best culvs because they only have 28 range (their speed still allows them to close in and back out against other artillery, their micro potential is unparalleled imo), but as mortars they are so good, since they also have a faster RoF than most other artillery and they are available in age3. Maybe i’ve had this impression because i’ve seen them used vs japan a lot and as diarouga said, they are good in that MU, but i still stand by the idea that they are a good unit.

Nah they're shit. Sure they're mobile and they can siege, but they cost 700 fucking resources. And they're light cav so they die to skirms, so not sure about the "great survivability".
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..