Indians Discussion Thread

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: Indian Discussion Thread

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Increasing cease fire is a buff, why would you do that?

The 2nd option seems much better imo.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

What about giving a slight nerf to urumi speed every time you perform ceasefire? This way they won't be able to surround you and get massive meelee advantage that easily.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Just nerf urumi slightly as the unit itself is clearly too strong, especially in the industrial age.
Both 30% rr and ROF 1.0 are over par. Once urumi becomes a bearable unit then cease fire is a no problem. That is unless you consider a problem also rajput or mahout or w/e unit flanking. In that case then just remove the ability entirely and make it clear you simply don't want it to be used with aggressive purposes. That's a design choice more than a balance fix tho.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Garja wrote:Just nerf urumi slightly as the unit itself is clearly too strong, especially in the industrial age.
Both 30% rr and ROF 1.0 are over par. Once urumi becomes a bearable unit then cease fire is a no problem. That is unless you consider a problem also rajput or mahout or w/e unit flanking. In that case then just remove the ability entirely and make it clear you simply don't want it to be used with aggressive purposes. That's a design choice more than a balance fix tho.

Lol. Just nerf every good unit and ignore the fact that they have the worst cav of the game.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

somppukunkku wrote:
Garja wrote:Just nerf urumi slightly as the unit itself is clearly too strong, especially in the industrial age.

Lol. Just nerf every good unit and ignore the fact that they have the worst cav of the game.

They can get expensive huss though!

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

somppukunkku wrote:

Bro TAD units have always been OP. The only reason why TAD civs are not nerfed to the ground is because semi FF civs got a buff from old 200w change. Still yumi/sepoy/urumi, etc. are problematic.
And no India cav is not that bad.
Image Image Image
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

somppukunkku wrote:

coyote runners
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

you can still park your sepoys on your opponents army with urumi nerf, so I'd rather nerf cease fire than touch urumis
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

sepoy are not faster than skirms, Idk how you can park them
Image Image Image
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

a little obstacle or a pathing issue will do the job
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Shit like urumi and elifents can block the units and have them path around awkwardly. Theres been plenty of times where the guy making the counter unit is pinned in a location.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I think nerfing Ceasefire makes more sense than nerfing Urumi. The unit isn't really a glaring issue, otherwise, and nerfing it would only be significant outside of Ceasefire – unless it's nerfed to the point of general uselessness. I would only consider nerfing the Urumi if you want to nerf Indians, overall, and even then, I'd rather nerf something else, if possible.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

I'm ok with a general Indian nerf and in particular urumi. Urumi are indeed an issue.
Image Image Image
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

May i suggest nerfing their multiplier against cav and coyote runners? The trouble i fond with urumi is that like 15 cossacks 8-10 huss or like 35 coyotes will still lose to 7 urumi and thats... pretty stupid for a skirm. And thats not even the industrial ones. India lacks artillery i get that- urumi are supposed to clean up masses of infantry. Its that they dont even lose to their counters most of the time that makes them feel so 'broken'
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

dansil92 wrote:May i suggest nerfing their multiplier against cav and coyote runners? The trouble i fond with urumi is that like 15 cossacks 8-10 huss or like 35 coyotes will still lose to 7 urumi and thats... pretty stupid for a skirm. And thats not even the industrial ones. India lacks artillery i get that- urumi are supposed to clean up masses of infantry. Its that they dont even lose to their counters most of the time that makes them feel so 'broken'

They lose to cav pretty badly. It's probably the 50 sepoys behind them that melt the cav.
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

yea Urumi die to cav very quickly...
Image Image
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

Coyote are the worst cav vs Urumi, as, being a small unit, they suffer more vs the area damage.
Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

amiggo1999 wrote:Coyote are the worst cav vs Urumi, as, being a small unit, they suffer more vs the area damage.
Are you sure about that? Regardless, the unit only has 10% ranged resistance.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Coyote do suck vs urumi
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

dansil92 wrote:May i suggest nerfing their multiplier against cav and coyote runners? The trouble i fond with urumi is that like 15 cossacks 8-10 huss or like 35 coyotes will still lose to 7 urumi and thats... pretty stupid for a skirm. And thats not even the industrial ones. India lacks artillery i get that- urumi are supposed to clean up masses of infantry. Its that they dont even lose to their counters most of the time that makes them feel so 'broken'
Per cost, the Urumi definitely does poorly vs heavy cavalry units. Along with other units mixed in, I think Ceasefire makes people overestimate the unit, in general.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Hazza54321 wrote:Coyote do suck vs urumi
In relative terms, I agree, like I implied. I don't know that it has anything to do with their spacing, though.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Closed spacing allows urumi to inflict area damage, probably the reason why 10 well spaced hussars would inflict more effective damage than 30 packed coy/cossacks
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Yeah i have definitely struggled vs india as aztec enough times to know a low hp 10rr unit that bunches together gets wrecked by urumi. Thats AFTER coyote combat, temple support and 10wp attack dance and they still take around 30 to beat the 7 urumi just by themselves. Eagle runners kiting is really the only answer aztec has unless you are REALLY cheeky and put the coyote in cover mode and let mace/erk dps behind them. Russia has a similar problem with cossacks being quite low hp
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

princeofcarthage wrote:Closed spacing allows urumi to inflict area damage, probably the reason why 10 well spaced hussars would inflict more effective damage than 30 packed coy/cossacks
Again, I'm not sure. Please explain to me the technical details of aoe3 splash damage.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

dansil92 wrote:Yeah i have definitely struggled vs india as aztec enough times to know a low hp 10rr unit that bunches together gets wrecked by urumi. Thats AFTER coyote combat, temple support and 10wp attack dance and they still take around 30 to beat the 7 urumi just by themselves. Eagle runners kiting is really the only answer aztec has unless you are REALLY cheeky and put the coyote in cover mode and let mace/erk dps behind them. Russia has a similar problem with cossacks being quite low hp
I'd love to test your scenario. I think Coyotes win easily.